FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Unless she's your great aunt, Jan wins. :grin:
There's no room for those two in my family. We've got enough crazy for many generations to come.
Thanks Runny. If I were Xelda I would never admit to being related to the Indian woman though. She's liable to have to end up raising those twins.
That's just a very special kind of stupid. They are on their own.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. My gosh I love the new offense. Kellen really is a genius. Our complaints about Linehan were justified. Dak was marvelous and I'm loving Coop, Gallup and Cobb. Have a happy victory Monday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoned out zombies. Hope y'all enjoyed the games yesterday, particularly one. The Giants are really bad but they play whoever is on the schedule but I do believe they're headed for a house cleaning in the off season. And they might be in line for one of those blue chip QB's.

I was really happy for Kellen the Young as he had to be feeling some pressure and with the lack of play in the preseason by the starters, they could have come out flat. They were one of the few teams not to do that and some of them didn't come out of it all game long, typical opening day.

I wonder if Garrett will get any credit for having his team ready to play when the starters didn't play much in preseason? There was a little rust but not what I saw from some other teams.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I checked on line to make sure the refs didn't take our win from us. It's ridiculous how the media would rather rip the Giants than give us credit for being amazing. I want to thank Jon Kitna for his work with Dak. The receivers did what I expect people getting paid large sums of money to catch footballs do. Jason Witten needs to grow his hair back. Then the ultimate in Cowboy goodness, an unpredictable offense. Thank you for waking up and smelling the stink on Linehan! I still don't like the nurse a lead scheme. The defense softened up which I guess is to avoid injuries. Jimmy wouldn't allow such, but it was a nice lead and I didn't feel nervous until the last second ticked off the clock. I rubbed one of my dogs bellies for luck most of the game. She curled up next to me this morning expecting another NFL belly rub, but it wasn't to be.

Glad you caught the game, Leon. I wonder if Colo saw it. It was a good football day for us. Now to go forth and find something to accomplish. Have a good Monday all and second Sunday, Runny.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who decided to stop in and visit this thread today.

Well, good and bad this weekend. Lost a tough one to LSU, they were just better then the Horns. But, Cowboys looked great against the Gents.

So ABQJr. smoked a Briskett on Sat. and gotta say, he did really well for his first try. We broke down and bought a Treager last year and gave my Son my old one. He didn't smoke a lot last year, as it was really kinda late in the year and winter was coming. This year, he kinda jumped in with both feet. We prepped it Friday, put it on at about 12 midnite and took it off the smoker at about 3 on Sat. Came out great, he was really happy, was good to see that.

Sunday, the Wife mad Pasole, it's kind of what she does for the first game of the NFL season, every year. As usual, came out great!

All and all, it was a great weekend. How bout ya'll?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope all of you had a great weekend as well!

Everybody, hope you are off to a great work week. Take it to the house Ya'll!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Welp, I am back in the saddle again... Almost. We had to overnight in Houston last night and are finally on our way to Denver this morning. We're back in the saddle again.

https://images.app.goo.gl/6hB4rppRyRT7xvVs6

You know, we love our travel but, no matter how far we go or how much fun we have, there is nothing quite like home.

Looking at the 10 day forecast for our area of Colorado, fall is definitely around the corner. The daytime highs are in the 70's and the nighttime Lowe's in the 40's. Darn near perfect.

@LeonDixson, there wasn't a single day of our travels that the local news didn't carry some story or video clip about the Bahamas. Hope you are continuing to do well.

Yesterday, leaving the old portion of Istanbul for the airport, we got caught up in a nasty traffic jam (although, the taxi driver described it a "normal", but said much more like the Spanish sports host saying, "gooooooooal" - "normaaaaal"). It took us about 30 minutes to go a couple of miles to the motorway. Thought of you @Runwildboys and your daily commute for work. Really glad I don't have to do that on a regular basis.

@ABQCOWBOY, the brisket sounds absolutely mouth-watering. After being out of the country for a couple of weeks, I can't to get back to my own kitchen and whip up some BBQ.

@CouchCoach, I am trying to imagine you with pearl in-lay stirrups and keep hearing Glen Campbell's Rhinestone Cowboy in my head!

Xelda, Jan, RGV and everyone else, hope you have a good week. I will, at least a few more days, bask in the glory of a Cowboys win.

BTW, I couldn't watch the game, but did record it and will probably fall asleep in front of the TV this evening watching the game.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Welp, I am back in the saddle again... Almost. We had to overnight in Houston last night and are finally on our way to Denver this morning. We're back in the saddle again.

https://images.app.goo.gl/6hB4rppRyRT7xvVs6

You know, we love our travel but, no matter how far we go or how much fun we have, there is nothing quite like home.

Looking at the 10 day forecast for our area of Colorado, fall is definitely around the corner. The daytime highs are in the 70's and the nighttime Lowe's in the 40's. Darn near perfect.

@LeonDixson, there wasn't a single day of our travels that the local news didn't carry some story or video clip about the Bahamas. Hope you are continuing to do well.

Yesterday, leaving the old portion of Istanbul for the airport, we got caught up in a nasty traffic jam (although, the taxi driver described it a "normal", but said much more like the Spanish sports host saying, "gooooooooal" - "normaaaaal"). It took us about 30 minutes to go a couple of miles to the motorway. Thought of you @Runwildboys and your daily commute for work. Really glad I don't have to do that on a regular basis.

@ABQCOWBOY, the brisket sounds absolutely mouth-watering. After being out of the country for a couple of weeks, I can't to get back to my own kitchen and whip up some BBQ.

@CouchCoach, I am trying to imagine you with pearl in-lay stirrups and keep hearing Glen Campbell's Rhinestone Cowboy in my head!

Xelda, Jan, RGV and everyone else, hope you have a good week. I will, at least a few more days, bask in the glory of a Cowboys win.

BTW, I couldn't watch the game, but did record it and will probably fall asleep in front of the TV this evening watching the game.
My daily commute to work is easy. It's the stuff I'm in while I'm working that gets on my nerves.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I forgot to add yesterday that I watched the game on the tv in the condo. Didn't have to go to the bar. Lots of Cowboys fans over here. Hey, everyone, have a great day.
I recorded the game and, in an earlier post, requested everyone to hold off any game comments until after I watched the game today. :laugh:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and visit the thread today.

Got the Little Guy today and my front room looks about like what you described in the Bahamas Leon. Oye!

Colo, I'm glad you are, safe and sound Brother. Hope you had a good time Brother. BTW, it's a perfect time to smoke up some Pork Shoulder or some Baby Backs and just whip up some Cole Slaw, you can probably still get some sweet corn on the cobb. If you want to try something a little different, get your corn and wrap it in bacon, then foil paper and throw it on the grill. If you want to get creative, try some Jalapeno Popper Corn or maybe some Cowboy Beans! Whatever it ends up being, enjoy it Brother!

RWB, I'm convinced that it's the proximity you are forced to deal with, with regards to the Gents, Skinz and Filthy. I mean, it's no wonder everybody on the East Coast is crazy. Miracle you are as sane as you are Buddy!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all enjoying a great day!

Everybody, have a great day!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and visit the thread today.

Got the Little Guy today and my front room looks about like what you described in the Bahamas Leon. Oye!

Colo, I'm glad you are, safe and sound Brother. Hope you had a good time Brother. BTW, it's a perfect time to smoke up some Pork Shoulder or some Baby Backs and just whip up some Cole Slaw, you can probably still get some sweet corn on the cobb. If you want to try something a little different, get your corn and wrap it in bacon, then foil paper and throw it on the grill. If you want to get creative, try some Jalapeno Popper Corn or maybe some Cowboy Beans! Whatever it ends up being, enjoy it Brother!

RWB, I'm convinced that it's the proximity you are forced to deal with, with regards to the Gents, Skinz and Filthy. I mean, it's no wonder everybody on the East Coast is crazy. Miracle you are as sane as you are Buddy!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all enjoying a great day!

Everybody, have a great day!
What's this "jalapeno popper corn" of which you speak?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I second what
Power lines are down all over the place. I can't wait to see what meme @daboyzruleperiod comes up with for that.
3a6s7n.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What's this "jalapeno popper corn" of which you speak?

Oh, it aint much. Usually make it with left over corn on the cobb but basically, you just take the corn off the cobb, add some cream cheese, ranch dressing, sour cream, shredded cheddar or whatever cheese you like, good thick bacon fried up and chopped, salt pepper, some decent red chili poweder (not the stuff you put in taco mix), add some decent peppers and some vidalia onions (grill these up in a grill pan), mix it all together, top it off with more cheese on top and bacon and serve it cold.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh, it aint much. Usually make it with left over corn on the cobb but basically, you just take the corn off the cobb, add some cream cheese, ranch dressing, sour cream, shredded cheddar or whatever cheese you like, good thick bacon fried up and chopped, salt pepper, some decent red chili poweder (not the stuff you put in taco mix), add some decent peppers and some vidalia onions (grill these up in a grill pan), mix it all together, top it off with more cheese on top and bacon and serve it cold.
Sounds like something that would be great to pay someone else to do!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sounds like something that would be great to pay someone else to do!

Seriously, it's really easy RW. The hardest part is getting the decent ingredients. It's simple as pie. They have this little tool now that you just run down the corn cob and it takes the corn right off. The rest is simple, just need a grill and a grill pan. Not hard at all Brother.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. (This was started in the real morning.)
I recorded the game and, in an earlier post, requested everyone to hold off any game comments until after I watched the game today. :laugh:
Are you through watching the game yet? Wasn't it beautiful?

While in the euphoria of our game, I realized I had a beer commercial deficiency. Where have they been? New Bud Light ones, too! (I like just about everything when the Cowboys are winning.) Speaking of commercials, there's a recent trend of whispering. That doesn't sound bad, but I live alone and had my speakers on one night last week going through news articles on my computer. I'd immersed myself in an article when a whispering ad started. Talk about an over whelming sense of discomfort! CRAP! Ghosts and intruders should not be trying to sell me stuff. Every muscle in my body jumped to alert as my brain raced. The gun's in the other room. I could squirt hand lotion into their eyes. Stab them with my cuticle trimmer. Strangle them with that strand of miniature Christmas lights. (I am woefully unprepared for a home invasion in my computer room.) It took me a few seconds to realize it was an ad. Whispering commercials, bad.

It's Tuesday, so have a good one of those everyone!