FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Evening Pops and everyone.

Once again, tomorrow's game is not in my market:mad:, and I can't stomach paying $70 to watch, so back to scoring updates on friggin Google:(. Tonight NFL Network ran "America's Game" featuring the '71 Cowboys and then the next hour "A Football Life" with Roger Staubach (watching now) as the feature. My favorite all-time QB (and of course favorite Coach Landry). Best I can do for my Cowboys fix...and oohhh, what a fix!! Great videos!!!

Everyone enjoy the game. I'm so jealous of you!

Go Cowboys!!!:starspin::flagwave::starspin:
If you have NFLN, you should have RedZone, so at least you can see all the scores and big plays. That's what I'll be watching, unless I come across a good streaming app.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. It's game day! May you all be blessed and have a wonderful time today.

Jan, you can stream the game on Reddit.com if you have decent internet speed. I've done that twice here in the Bahamas but I don't have fast internet so buffering was a problem.
Morning Pops and everyone..

Thank you, Leon. I will look into that. I generally only use my phone for internet because I live where I work so if I need that service I just go to the office. I can sometimes get the wifi signal tho so I have options anyway. Failing all else I'll just run downstairs. I need to work on my Will anyway. So that's a great excuse.

Thanks again, Leon.

Everyone have a great day.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone..

Thank you, Leon. I will look into that. I generally only use my phone for internet because I live where I work so if I need that service I just go to the office. I can sometimes get the wifi signal tho so I have options anyway. Failing all else I'll just run downstairs. I need to work on my Will anyway. So that's a great excuse.

Thanks again, Leon.

Everyone have a great day.
You're more than welcome. I hope it works out for you.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Happy Victory Monday! Happy E-Girls loss. I'm having some drywall work done to replace some that was damaged by the previous hurricane, not Dorian. That means moving everything out of the store room/third bedroom. But first, I'm going to relax with my coffee. Gotta ease into that work thing slowly don't ya know. Have a great day, everyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and peeps.

Looking forward to watching the game, once they replay it on NFLN (hopefully), so I can see what all the overreacting was about.

CC, it's Monday morning, time for school! Hope you had a blissfully debaucherous weekend!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Welcome to the Weekend! We've had nice low to mid eighties days lately with a nice breeze. There was rain in the distance yesterday but it didn't come our way. I will travel back home on Wednesday. It will be nice to see the family again. Take care, everyone.

You pretty much nailed it, ABQ. I rewarded myself last night by cooking up a tender steak and fried tater tots for dinner. I'm a simple meat and potatoes man.

Nothing wrong with that Leon.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in to start their work week today.

Man, I almost feel guilty. I am enjoying watching the Cowboys so much right now. I mean, I know we haven't played anybody yet but still, they are really fun to watch so far.

So how did everybody's weekend go? I hope great!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, everyone, have a great week but make sure to enjoy the ride because it's here now, tomorrow who knows?

Everyone, have a strong Monday, get off to a good start and earn your money everybody!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Wife and I woke up early to do our 3 miles at the park. You feel a whole lot better after you’ve completed them. We dropped off my mom at the adult daycare then visited someone in the hospital.

I’m watching tv series ‘Caught in Providence’. Folks have their cases heard by Judge Frank Caprio. He’s a really cool guy with lots of compassion. He dismisses many cases, that’s what I like about him plus his tidbits of wisdom.

He shared a Swedish Proverb I’d like to share with this group. “Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief”

Have a good Monday friends.

How bout dem Cowboys! :flagwave:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Hoping for a Coach sighting today, but who knows if anyone has bailed him out yet. I hope he's safe, happy and in one piece. Those kind of celebrations aren't for the faint of heart.

I'm thinking we should send Jerry Jones a Christmas card this year. He has brought a lot of joy to Cowboy fans these last three weeks. I wasn't very comfortable yesterday with Miami putting up a fight, but I also felt so danged sorry for them. It's odd checking sports articles and seeing writers that aren't fans attempt to send a compliment our way. A 'Winners and Losers' article spoke about each team. When they got to the Cowboys, they talked about how bad Miami is which they'd done right above in the Miami segment. 'Best and Worst' quarterbacks simply ignored Dak. I hope our cleats dance all over their feelings this year.

That's a good proverb, RGV. Thank you for sharing it.

Have the best Monday possible everyone.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops peanuts and pen pals. My travel plans have changed. I went to the customs station at the airport yesterday to pick up a form for claiming duty free exemption because I want to bring a flat screen TV with me next time I come over. Well, I found out that there are still no commercial flights to the U.S. out of Freeport airport. So, I'm going to get a local flight to Nassau on Thursday and then on Friday will fly to Miami and on to Dallas. I would just stay here until the airport re-opens for international flights but I promised the 5 yr. old Grandson I would be home for his birthday.

I like the proverb, RGV. I'll probably use in several times in the near future.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Monday morning Pops and those that did not age over the weekend. I know some were living vicariously through my planned decadence and I would say debauchery but that when one is alone taxes the imagination too much. Debauchery is best played with a partner and preferably, a deep sleeper.

Well, I did nothing to disprove the theory anticipation trumps action as I was that kid at Christmas that the actual day could never equal my anticipation and that's just fine, more time spent in anticipation is not a bad thing. And I did plan on having a great time more than I actually had it and the big winner was the Central Texas Food Bank.

My plans were all delayed as my bud Mike called me Friday afternoon, he lost his wife back in November, and that stretched well into the night. Something began to happen during that call, as he credits my experience and advice with getting him past the dark well, as I heard him telling me what I had told him but had not heeded very well myself.

Want to begin fixing yourself? Try to fix someone else. By being strong and somewhat of a "guide" for him, I became one for myself and by acting as I had some answers, I could now really ask myself those questions beginning with "just how long do you plan on feeling guilty"? "Guilty that you weren't a better husband, made some poor ego driven selfish decisions and should have been the one to get sick"? "Aren't you tired of dangling at the end of the hook"?

Friday night led to a reflective weekend about forced happiness and why was I doing this? Did sharing my plans with family and friends really do the trick and actually doing anything was nothing more than follow through? Was this just more of my lesson about optimism being the true reward itself and little to do with the results? Hell, I got more out of telling you and my friends in Dallas what I was going to do than doing that so I completely dumped Sunday's plan. It was not a good plan to begin with and got worse the more I thought about it.

I do thank you for the birthday wishes and a send off on my lewd and lascivious (and what good is one without the other?) jaunt through my mind. Some of the best journeys are best taken by not leaving home.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Monday morning Pops and those that did not age over the weekend. I know some were living vicariously through my planned decadence and I would say debauchery but that when one is alone taxes the imagination too much. Debauchery is best played with a partner and preferably, a deep sleeper.

Well, I did nothing to disprove the theory anticipation trumps action as I was that kid at Christmas that the actual day could never equal my anticipation and that's just fine, more time spent in anticipation is not a bad thing. And I did plan on having a great time more than I actually had it and the big winner was the Central Texas Food Bank.

My plans were all delayed as my bud Mike called me Friday afternoon, he lost his wife back in November, and that stretched well into the night. Something began to happen during that call, as he credits my experience and advice with getting him past the dark well, as I heard him telling me what I had told him but had not heeded very well myself.

Want to begin fixing yourself? Try to fix someone else. By being strong and somewhat of a "guide" for him, I became one for myself and by acting as I had some answers, I could now really ask myself those questions beginning with "just how long do you plan on feeling guilty"? "Guilty that you weren't a better husband, made some poor ego driven selfish decisions and should have been the one to get sick"? "Aren't you tired of dangling at the end of the hook"?

Friday night led to a reflective weekend about forced happiness and why was I doing this? Did sharing my plans with family and friends really do the trick and actually doing anything was nothing more than follow through? Was this just more of my lesson about optimism being the true reward itself and little to do with the results? Hell, I got more out of telling you and my friends in Dallas what I was going to do than doing that so I completely dumped Sunday's plan. It was not a good plan to begin with and got worse the more I thought about it.

I do thank you for the birthday wishes and a send off on my lewd and lascivious (and what good is one without the other?) jaunt through my mind. Some of the best journeys are best taken by not leaving home.
Hey, we don't care if you decided to be smart, we love you anyway!

Xelda

Reaction score
Happy afternoon Pops and friends. The prodigal son has returned!!!!! We can rest easy now. I had become deeply concerned about Coach sharing a cell with big Bubba (one of ksk's offspring). The proclivities of Bubba are fearful when in closed quarters. Welcome back and to quote Runny "we love you anyway".

You had us going with your plans for the weekend, but having you safe is better than wearing cheekless chaps and gong David Lee Roth on folks. That reminds me of a girl I grew up with. She's a missionary in Brazil (cheap plastic surgery) and her husband got cheek implants. It was a backwards Dolly Parton. I ain't lying! How did you get me talking about that? Is this some weird Coach voodoo?

Have a safe trip, Leon. It is noble to leave paradise to celebrate a birthday. That grandson better 'preciate you and your sacrifice! Good luck with getting your big screen back to the calming, lapping waves and gracious ocean breezes filled with salt for the sinuses. Attention everyone: We are celebrating all of your birthdays at Christmas.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.