FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I see DABZ snuck in with a good one today. I could relate to it considering all I'm willing to cram into my car. I bought a big screen from Best Buy and had to drive home with a back door open. It was secured to keep from flying open, but it was open the whole way home. The warning was annoying, so I had to crank my music up.

Not the sentence I'd have expected, using the words "missionary", "Brazil", and "husband".
I am sorry Runny but my eyes weren't lying. I was walking to my office when I had to stop and behold those bulbous maximus twins. I'm really glad they had their back to me. I had to take another peek (3 times). He was wearing pants that were too large for the rest of his body. Originally, I thought it was one of our customers that's a paid extra in movies. I couldn't begin to figure out what kind of role he had this time. It would be a peculiar movie with that kind of prosthetic, right? I'd better shut up now before Coach gets ideas.
Hope everyone is doing well. Busy week for me. Daughter and Dustin come in Saturday for him to meet the family at our get together on Sunday so been busy getting ready for that with shopping and menu planning etc. Fun note tho, he's a Cowboys fan (boy's mama raised him right!) so we are already planning and hyped about the Sunday night game. Finally a game that's televised locally and someone for me to watch with in person rather than by text. So excited!.
To be honest, I had my doubts about him before. Now he's family!

What a day! ABQ sang to us. Colo is checking something off his bucket list. Leon is probably swimming as I write this. I already miss the ocean in his honor. Coach is finishing up his self inflicted punishment. We could have told him that he deserves better, but he's hard headed. AND he admitted that we're part of his family. I hope it's not the cousins he wants nothing to do with.

Happy Hump Day everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. I see DABZ snuck in with a good one today. I could relate to it considering all I'm willing to cram into my car. I bought a big screen from Best Buy and had to drive home with a back door open. It was secured to keep from flying open, but it was open the whole way home. The warning was annoying, so I had to crank my music up.

I am sorry Runny but my eyes weren't lying. I was walking to my office when I had to stop and behold those bulbous maximus twins. I'm really glad they had their back to me. I had to take another peek (3 times). He was wearing pants that were too large for the rest of his body. Originally, I thought it was one of our customers that's a paid extra in movies. I couldn't begin to figure out what kind of role he had this time. It would be a peculiar movie with that kind of prosthetic, right? I'd better shut up now before Coach gets ideas.

To be honest, I had my doubts about him before. Now he's family!

What a day! ABQ sang to us. Colo is checking something off his bucket list. Leon is probably swimming as I write this. I already miss the ocean in his honor. Coach is finishing up his self inflicted punishment. We could have told him that he deserves better, but he's hard headed. AND he admitted that we're part of his family. I hope it's not the cousins he wants nothing to do with.

Happy Hump Day everyone.
Too late, I always have ideas. The ones I don't share with y'all are the exciting ones. I'll tell some to my dogs and won't stop until they start putting their little paws over each others' ears. Last time I took them to the groomer she asked "you been telling your ideas to them again? Their ears are a little matted".

GrammaJan

Reaction score
When our numbers up, our numbers up. The important thing is to live while we are here, in a way that you can meet your maker with, yeah?
Never believe them when they tell you your number is up. N-E-V-E-R! I'm living because of the fight. Scrap your way through what ever it is. Giving up/giving in is not an option. Too stubborn for that.:D

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

In the spirit of fighting... coming up on my 5 year anniversary of my big surgery... November 24, 2014... this song came out same year and I was deluged with links to it (Fight Song), Overcomer, and What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger. Got me through so much crap from chemo, 8 1/2+hour surgery (scars to prove it all and I wear them proudly!) and chemo again. So blessed to have fabulous doctors willing to take a chance with the odds stacked so horribly against me. This one still makes me very cry every time knowing what I've been through and knowing so many I've known didn't make it. Never listen to them when they try to bring you down with the odds... just, never.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never believe them when they tell you your number is up. N-E-V-E-R! I'm living because of the fight. Scrap your way through what ever it is. Giving up/giving in is not an option. Too stubborn for that.:D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Although Dylan Thomas's poem had more to do with aging, the point still applies -. Do not go without a fight

Last edited:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I'll be flying to Nassau this afternoon and then on to Dallas on Friday. Hopefully I will able to watch The crap Packers and Philthy on tv at the hotel. I'll be rooting against the E-Girls.

Leon, yes sir, I decided I've beaten myself up for long enough and I am not sure which one of us I was handing out advice to but it seemed to have worked on both of us but Mike gets off easy with a year, it's taken me over 8 to not keep the dark handy in case I wanted to slip back into it. I never got all the way out of it and all that fed the masochism and do that long enough, the pain becomes your friend.

I told Mike on Friday, I deserved this because I refused the help people were trying to give me which is why I was a nag on him talking to a professional. That accelerated his healing process and I can only imagine how that could have helped me if I had just not shut people out. Didn't help that I ran away.

I can tell y'all this, you became my replacement for face to face interaction and I have been a borderline recluse, especially with people who knew us so well. That extended family I referred to in another post, I turned my back on them in their time of need, they needed to help me and I just walked away and didn't give them the chance. I was so wrapped up in me and my pain that I didn't think about their pain, they lost both of us. I am already on fixing that and have a trip back to Dallas, the first since I left, to reunite with them and after that our friends in OK that have not given up on me.

The strangest thing happened on that call Friday night. You know that echo you get on your own voice sometimes when talking cell to cell? That happened at the strangest times, it was as if what I was saying to Mike had to be repeated back to the one that needed to hear it as much as he did. After the call ended, I asked myself why I had been ignoring what sounded like such good advice to Mike and wasn't it time to throw off that sackcloth and put on a party dress?
I wish I could give this post a thousand likes. It's way past time to let the guilt go and get on with a more positive life.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Evening Pops and everyone.

In the spirit of fighting... coming up on my 5 year anniversary of my big surgery... November 24, 2014... this song came out same year and I was deluged with links to it (Fight Song), Overcomer, and What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger. Got me through so much crap from chemo, 8 1/2+hour surgery (scars to prove it all and I wear them proudly!) and chemo again. So blessed to have fabulous doctors willing to take a chance with the odds stacked so horribly against me. This one still makes me very cry every time knowing what I've been through and knowing so many I've known didn't make it. Never listen to them when they try to bring you down with the odds... just, never.
Amen, even in the face of a death sentence, keep fighting to the end. I look back on those 12 months from the prognosis and think about the ones in which I still had hope, still believed she would beat the monster. That was my awakening to the true value of optimism and positive thinking when we are not in control of the outcome. I used to believe what difference does it make what my attitude is, I have 0 control over the outcome. I was too focused on the destination and not the journey.

And never underestimate the effect of your fight on others as we all need inspiration.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and I have a question for the folks here that knew him. What was the cause of his passing? I was wondering because so much of this thread seems to center around healing, and fighting against the odds, and not just of the body but the mind and spirit and I feel comfortable sharing personal things that I do not normally share with anybody without interrogation.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Well, as you may have guessed, I land on the side where it says that there is only one source that is absolute so yes, I agree. Fight to the end but when the end comes, your number is up and who can say when that is? In the mean time, enjoy your life when and where you can. That's what I'm about but I got no truck with stubborn women Jan. Hell, I have one of those already, I can't imagine why anybody would want to have more then one of those. One is about all I can handle and on some days, I ain't even sure of that.

:laugh:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who decide to stop in and visit this thread.

It's Thursday so that's the good news. One more day and then we are in sight of the weekend!

Wife is coming home today so that's the good news. However, it's also the bad news as I have to clean the house and make sure that I have something decent to eat. She'll be tired and hungry so gotta figure that part out. Cleaning part is no big deal. Run the vacuum, clean up the few dishes and such. I'm not really one to let dishes sit so it's not a big deal on the whole.

Leon, Godspeed and I hope you have luck with the game.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all doing well today. Here is to hoping that today is a good productive day but also, that it goes by quickly and gets us on to Friday 5 O'Clock!

Everyone, have a great day! Be good, be safe!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Amen, even in the face of a death sentence, keep fighting to the end. I look back on those 12 months from the prognosis and think about the ones in which I still had hope, still believed she would beat the monster. That was my awakening to the true value of optimism and positive thinking when we are not in control of the outcome. I used to believe what difference does it make what my attitude is, I have 0 control over the outcome. I was too focused on the destination and not the journey.

And never underestimate the effect of your fight on others as we all need inspiration.
YES!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Well, as you may have guessed, I land on the side where it says that there is only one source that is absolute so yes, I agree. Fight to the end but when the end comes, your number is up and who can say when that is? In the mean time, enjoy your life when and where you can. That's what I'm about but I got no truck with stubborn women Jan. Hell, I have one of those already, I can't imagine why anybody would want to have more then one of those. One is about all I can handle and on some days, I ain't even sure of that.

:laugh:
Stubborn gets things done :D

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. We're going to have some of our own in airplanes, so very safe travels and an extra bag of complimentary peanuts. To ABQ: clean, clean, clean until the hard head takes your T-bird away.

Here's hoping the Pickers and Beagles tie at 0-0. That would be glorious to hold over their fan bases for many years. I simply cannot root for either team. However I won't waste good football juju on those two. I'm saving it for our game against the Saints. To quote Inigo Montoya "humiliations galore" to Saints fans.

Well, my brain has stalled. I'm going to wish everyone a good Thursday and slip out the back door now.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Have I failed to mention my crossdressing weekends, ABQ. I don't do it weekdays because that can become a habit but weekends were made for Michelob. I am no longer dressing like an old widder lady with the stackings rolled down to the knee and the bun, I am bringing out the pearls and the sequin thong. Gonna ho it up a little.
Go no further. I have gleaned what I need to know. You are under the influence of Michelob. That stuff ell kill ya........

"GO COUCH COACH GO COUCH COACH"
:lmao2:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"GO COUCH COACH GO COUCH COACH"
:lmao2:

The title of the video literally means "thick dance". I would have translated it as "dancing large" :)

A few years ago, my wife and I were vacationing in Bali - a Russian favorite - when a man of equally large dimensions strolled down the beach. In front of us, sunbathing, was a young lady in, what could only be described as,a dental floss bikini. As he passed by, he literally sucked his entire gut into his chest and proceeded to flirt with her while seemingly holding his breath. It was an amazing display of breath control.

Although we couldn't hear their discussion, I entertained my wife by voicing both the large fellow and the tiny bikini lady's conversations. I am easily amused.

o_O