FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Happy afternoon Pops and friends. The prodigal son has returned!!!!! We can rest easy now. I had become deeply concerned about Coach sharing a cell with big Bubba (one of ksk's offspring). The proclivities of Bubba are fearful when in closed quarters. Welcome back and to quote Runny "we love you anyway".

You had us going with your plans for the weekend, but having you safe is better than wearing cheekless chaps and gong David Lee Roth on folks. That reminds me of a girl I grew up with. She's a missionary in Brazil (cheap plastic surgery) and her husband got cheek implants. It was a backwards Dolly Parton. I ain't lying! How did you get me talking about that? Is this some weird Coach voodoo?

Have a safe trip, Leon. It is noble to leave paradise to celebrate a birthday. That grandson better 'preciate you and your sacrifice! Good luck with getting your big screen back to the calming, lapping waves and gracious ocean breezes filled with salt for the sinuses. Attention everyone: We are celebrating all of your birthdays at Christmas.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Not the sentence I'd have expected, using the words "missionary", "Brazil", and "husband".

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I want to bring a flat screen TV with me next time I come over.
3bgvr5.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I'm just enjoying my coffee and my last full day in the Bahamas. Will probably take one last dip in the ocean before I leave.

@CouchCoach it sounds like you may be saying you started to turn a corner in your long grief process. If so, know we are all behind you and use the love and happiness in our hearts for you as encouragement.

:lmao::lmao2:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Hope everyone is doing well. Busy week for me. Daughter and Dustin come in Saturday for him to meet the family at our get together on Sunday so been busy getting ready for that with shopping and menu planning etc. Fun note tho, he's a Cowboys fan (boy's mama raised him right!) so we are already planning and hyped about the Sunday night game. Finally a game that's televised locally and someone for me to watch with in person rather than by text. So excited!

Of course work is like a super slam right now as one of our girls is on vacation so I've been given the "honor" of covering her files and closings while she's gone (was supposed to be one or two files. There are six :mad:)...and of course they expect me to do my own work too. My time is coming. I leave on the 10th so we'll see what kind of a pile is left behind as she gets to cover my workload. Of course, I always try to get my closings buttoned up before I go and plan in advance so I don't leave a mess behind or have nearly the mess to come back to. Others, not so much.

On that note, have a great day all and be considerate of those around you. Never know when you'll need them to have your back;).

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

It is still pitch black outside and I am sitting on our balcony with a cup of tea and one of the cats. We (me and the cat) love our morning quiet time.

@GrammaJan, good luck with the meet and greet. A family gathering and Sunday night football with the Dallas Cowboys should go a long way in deciding if he's a keeper or not. Be gentle.. :).

@LeonDixson, glad you're able to enjoy your morning coffee. Safe journey for your return.

@daboyzruleperiod, I love the memes you share on this site.

A week from tomorrow, l head to Papua New Guinea for 10 days of scuba diving. After flying first to Brisbane, I connect through PNG's capital, Port Moresby, to West New Britain island. It is one of the last, great, (relatively) untouched diving locations in the world. And, more importantly, my last bucket list dive destination in the Pacific. I am really jazzed about the trip (boy, am I going to owe my wife big time for being away this long!).

Take care everyone and have a safe week.

Last edited:

GrammaJan

Reaction score

It is still pitch black outside and I am sitting on our balcony with a cup of tea and one of the cats. We (me and the cat) love our morning quiet time.

@GrammaJan, good luck with the meet and greet. A family gathering and Sunday night football with the Dallas Cowboys should go a long way in deciding if he's a keeper or not. Be gentle.. :).

@LeonDixson, glad you're able to enjoy your morning coffee. Safe journey for your return.

A week from tomorrow, I l head to Papua New Guinea for 10 days of scuba diving. After flying first to Brisbane, I connect through PNG's capital, Port Moresby, to West New Britain island. It is one of the last, great, (relatively) untouched diving locations in the world. And, more importantly, my last bucket list dive destination in the Pacific. I am really jazzed about the trip (boy, am I going to owe my wife big time for being away this long!).

I'm good with Dustin. I've met him and I feel like he's a good guy. I'm not the one he needs to worry about tho. The rest of the family is just... well... weird. My daughter and I have prepared him the best we can.

Have a great time and be safe on your trip.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm good with Dustin. I've met him and I feel like he's a good guy. I'm not the one he needs to worry about tho. The rest of the family is just... well... weird. My daughter and I have prepared him the best we can.

I totally get the "weird family" comment.

The first time my wife (originally from Russia) met my family, my father welcomed her with his now famous comment, "Are you, or any of your family, part of the communist party?" That was followed closely by my brother's comment, "your wife talks funny", which was ironic since he sounded a whole lot like Billy Bob Thorton's Sling Blade character.

It all worked out well in the end, though.

:p

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
[QUOTE]Morning Pops and everyone.

Hope everyone is doing well. Busy week for me. Daughter and Dustin come in Saturday for him to meet the family at our get together on Sunday so been busy getting ready for that with shopping and menu planning etc. Fun note tho, he's a Cowboys fan (boy's mama raised him right!) so we are already planning and hyped about the Sunday night game. Finally a game that's televised locally and someone for me to watch with in person rather than by text. So excited!

Of course work is like a super slam right now as one of our girls is on vacation so I've been given the "honor" of covering her files and closings while she's gone (was supposed to be one or two files. There are six :mad:)...and of course they expect me to do my own work too. My time is coming. I leave on the 10th so we'll see what kind of a pile is left behind as she gets to cover my workload. Of course, I always try to get my closings buttoned up before I go and plan in advance so I don't leave a mess behind or have nearly the mess to come back to. Others, not so much.

On that note, have a great day all and be considerate of those around you. Never know when you'll need them to have your back;).[/QUOTE]
Jan, not to make you jealous or anything, but the total paperwork I had to read and sign to buy in the Bahamas was only about a quarter inch thick. That includes the offer sheet (one page), the contract and the deed package.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit this thread.

Well, it's Wed so we are half way there. Wife has been in Maryland since Monday, flying home tomorrow night so it will be good to have her home. Funny how you start to missing your significant other within a couple of hours of their departure. I can go several hours in a day and I'm good when she is home but she leaves town and all of a sudden, I miss here? It's weird. LOL.........

Leon, what did that Hog set you back Brother? ;)

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a great Wednesday!

Leave everybody with a few lines from one of my very favorite tunes:

Faith is the key
Open the doors and board them
There's room for all
Amongst the loved the most

There ain't no room
For the hopeless sinner
Who would hurt all mankind
Just to save his own

Have pity on those
Whose chances are thinner
'Cause there's no hiding place
From the kingdom's throne

People Get Ready - The Impressions

Everybody, have a great day!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

A week from tomorrow, l head to Papua New Guinea for 10 days of scuba diving. After flying first to Brisbane, I connect through PNG's capital, Port Moresby, to West New Britain island. It is one of the last, great, (relatively) untouched diving locations in the world. And, more importantly, my last bucket list dive destination in the Pacific. I am really jazzed about the trip (boy, am I going to owe my wife big time for being away this long!).

I don't know, it seems to me that she'll owe you, for staying gone so long.
:laugh:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
[QUOTE]Morning Pops and everyone.

On that note, have a great day all and be considerate of those around you. Never know when you'll need them to have your back;).
Jan, not to make you jealous or anything, but the total paperwork I had to read and sign to buy in the Bahamas was only about a quarter inch thick. That includes the offer sheet (one page), the contract and the deed package.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, some are that small but usually the commercial closings have A LOT more paperwork. Thinking about it makes me tired.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Weird and family is redundant. It is only when we are separated from them and reunited do we truly see the weirdness but in seeing that we realize our own patience and tolerance are the byproducts of being from and in a weird family. And I am far from one to call his family weird as I've always been considered the weird and funny (and not always in a laugh laugh way) one. I often related to Jed Clampett's "I gotta have a talk with that boy someday" when referring to Jethro with my family.

It's all part of the plan, you see. We do not get to choose which family we are born into (I had the Rockefellers at first preference and the Hurst's as a backup and missed out) so we are given the choice to select our extended family and I'll be damned if I didn't go weird on that as well. And now we have an additional family, the cyber family and I chose y'all and have just accepted this fact, I love weird.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I'm just enjoying my coffee and my last full day in the Bahamas. Will probably take one last dip in the ocean before I leave.

@CouchCoach it sounds like you may be saying you started to turn a corner in your long grief process. If so, know we are all behind you and use the love and happiness in our hearts for you as encouragement.

:lmao::lmao2:
Leon, yes sir, I decided I've beaten myself up for long enough and I am not sure which one of us I was handing out advice to but it seemed to have worked on both of us but Mike gets off easy with a year, it's taken me over 8 to not keep the dark handy in case I wanted to slip back into it. I never got all the way out of it and all that fed the masochism and do that long enough, the pain becomes your friend.

I told Mike on Friday, I deserved this because I refused the help people were trying to give me which is why I was a nag on him talking to a professional. That accelerated his healing process and I can only imagine how that could have helped me if I had just not shut people out. Didn't help that I ran away.

I can tell y'all this, you became my replacement for face to face interaction and I have been a borderline recluse, especially with people who knew us so well. That extended family I referred to in another post, I turned my back on them in their time of need, they needed to help me and I just walked away and didn't give them the chance. I was so wrapped up in me and my pain that I didn't think about their pain, they lost both of us. I am already on fixing that and have a trip back to Dallas, the first since I left, to reunite with them and after that our friends in OK that have not given up on me.

The strangest thing happened on that call Friday night. You know that echo you get on your own voice sometimes when talking cell to cell? That happened at the strangest times, it was as if what I was saying to Mike had to be repeated back to the one that needed to hear it as much as he did. After the call ended, I asked myself why I had been ignoring what sounded like such good advice to Mike and wasn't it time to throw off that sackcloth and put on a party dress?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Leon, yes sir, I decided I've beaten myself up for long enough and I am not sure which one of us I was handing out advice to but it seemed to have worked on both of us but Mike gets off easy with a year, it's taken me over 8 to not keep the dark handy in case I wanted to slip back into it. I never got all the way out of it and all that fed the masochism and do that long enough, the pain becomes your friend.

I told Mike on Friday, I deserved this because I refused the help people were trying to give me which is why I was a nag on him talking to a professional. That accelerated his healing process and I can only imagine how that could have helped me if I had just not shut people out. Didn't help that I ran away.

I can tell y'all this, you became my replacement for face to face interaction and I have been a borderline recluse, especially with people who knew us so well. That extended family I referred to in another post, I turned my back on them in their time of need, they needed to help me and I just walked away and didn't give them the chance. I was so wrapped up in me and my pain that I didn't think about their pain, they lost both of us. I am already on fixing that and have a trip back to Dallas, the first since I left, to reunite with them and after that our friends in OK that have not given up on me.

The strangest thing happened on that call Friday night. You know that echo you get on your own voice sometimes when talking cell to cell? That happened at the strangest times, it was as if what I was saying to Mike had to be repeated back to the one that needed to hear it as much as he did. After the call ended, I asked myself why I had been ignoring what sounded like such good advice to Mike and wasn't it time to throw off that sackcloth and put on a party dress?

So...... you are know clothed in Party Dress.....?????

I mean, not that there is anything wrong with that Coach. :D

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So...... you are know clothed in Party Dress.....?????

I mean, not that there is anything wrong with that Coach. :D
Have I failed to mention my crossdressing weekends, ABQ. I don't do it weekdays because that can become a habit but weekends were made for Michelob. I am no longer dressing like an old widder lady with the stackings rolled down to the knee and the bun, I am bringing out the pearls and the sequin thong. Gonna ho it up a little.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Have I failed to mention my crossdressing weekends, ABQ. I don't do it weekdays because that can become a habit but weekends were made for Michelob. I am no longer dressing like an old widder lady with the stackings rolled down to the knee and the bun, I am bringing out the pearls and the sequin thong. Gonna ho it up a little.

Go no further. I have gleaned what I need to know. You are under the influence of Michelob. That stuff ell kill ya........