FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and those that remember when CLE-PIT was a real game and I am hoping tonight is a return of that, the black and blue division of the AFC. However, I am conflicted as I can't stand the Steelers and I can't stand Mayfield or Beckham. I also don't like either coach or either city. Maybe I'll just tune in a pull for injuries, nothing serious or life threatening but yelling for "booboo's'!!!!! and "owiees"!!!!! and a skinned knee here and there might be the way to go.

Happy Thirsty Thursday, bottoms up. What a weird phrase to use and more of an invitation to moon the pool with all the old ladies schnockered on umbrella libations. Another one is "here's looking at you, kid" turned into a toast by myself and perplexing to my wife because I'd look at her through the bottom of my empty glass. You ever look at someone through the bottom of a glass or worse, look at them looking at you? She never asked me and she knew where the line originated. At some point in our time together, she resigned herself to just accepting my little quirks because the explanation I would give her would be more worrisome than the quirk. And then the miracle of miracles happened, she began to quirk me back.

She didn't drink beer a lot but she did like Corona in the clear bottle and when she was empty and wanted another, she wouldn't just ask "may I have another", she would look through the bottle and say "here's looking at you, Bozo". I thought kid was cuter and that actually was the line but in the Rule of Quirkiness, one does not question another Quirker as you will most likely neither like nor understand the answer.

Here's looking at you, kiddos, and keep your bottoms down.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who have stopped in to visit this thread today.

Long day yesterday, but today is Thursday and we are headed for the Weekend!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you all are in good stead!

Everyone, have a great day today for tomorrow is Friday!

Peace!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

I am looking at the weather forecast for most of the country and thinking we've hit a sweetspot for our area. For the next several days we're expecting daytime highs in the high 50's to low 60's with nighttime lows around 30 with lots of sunshine in-between. Darn near perfect. We are, however, expecting more snow this weekend.

By this time of the year, most of athe bears in our area are hibernating. Most... But not all. So, imagine our surprise last night when I went to the patio to check out our motion detector. Thinking it was probably another flock of turkeys, I came about 5 feet from a rather large (500+ lbs) bear. Mind you, we were separated by the patio glass door. Nonetheless, we were both shocked. I suspect the bear was doing a bit of last minute grocery shopping before winter.

:muttley:

Never a pic-a-nick basket around when you need one Brother!

Xelda

Reaction score
:muttley:
3gb5c7.gif
Morning Pops and friends. Happy Quirk day. I hate to think of Miley Cyrus quirking at the next award show. Ksk, stop harassing the sheepi, sheepoo, sheepididodah, and all the little sheepettes.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Well, I took my wife to the airport early this morning for her trip to Russia. Right about now, she is enjoying the greatness of JFK airport as she awaits the Moscow flight. This will be a first for us, we (and, by "we" I mean my wife) are trying out Aeroflot Airlines. Can't wait for the report

So, the cats and I are home alone. It is a bright sunny day and, having failed to catch the rabbit, the cats decided to chase turkeys today. They are not as much fun to chase as they fly away. The cats just sit below the tree making that funny little cat noise that they make when stalking something. I am glad Orville and Wilber Wright didn't attempt to pattern their plane after a turkey because, for the life of me, I don't understand (in an aerodynamic manner) how they actually get airborne. I will ponder this a bit more -- can you tell that I have too much time on my hands. I need a dog.

@ABQCOWBOY, you brought back very fond memories of Saturday morning cartoons with your reference to Yogi Bear. Touche.

From the great state of Colorado, I bid you adieu!

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1m8UCMo0e1CbVI1vlonDmrseVdI0UUQKHqf6hfiAV7mwOnKpUFA&s

Last edited:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Heading out with the boss's wife tonight for some Christmas music. A little early in the season, yes, but in this venue you take what you can get when this group is here. Mannheim Steamroller generally plays the larger cities the closer to Christmas you get so...yeah. I'll take it now:D.

Gonna be a great evening. You all have a good one as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Evening Pops and everyone.

Heading out with the boss's wife tonight for some Christmas music. A little early in the season, yes, but in this venue you take what you can get when this group is here. Mannheim Steamroller generally plays the larger cities the closer to Christmas you get so...yeah. I'll take it now:D.

Gonna be a great evening. You all have a good one as well.
Yep, they're in my Christmas rotation. Chip Davis, the originator of Mannheim and some excellent other work like Sunday Morning Coffee, etc worked with a company I used to work with licensing music and he was in our studios several times. He started off like the Carpenters, writing jingles.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra took the lead from him in touring and there are actually two identical in sound bands that tour on a limited basis because of the seasonality of what they do.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Yep, they're in my Christmas rotation. Chip Davis, the originator of Mannheim and some excellent other work like Sunday Morning Coffee, etc worked with a company I used to work with licensing music and he was in our studios several times. He started off like the Carpenters, writing jingles.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra took the lead from him in touring and there are actually two identical in sound bands that tour on a limited basis because of the seasonality of what they do.
I'm not so much a fan of TSO. The light show triggers migraines. Saw them for not quite 1/2 a show and had to leave. Their music is just not quite my thing but a few people in the office are crazy about them. My daughter worked one of Chip's shows as a greeter one year when she was in high school. Hundred bucks for the gig and he personally paid them all in cash, or so she said.

All the same, he's playing a little smaller venue here this year that is supposed to be focused on the first Christmas "album" he put out. Should be a good show.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and a fabulous, fantastic Freaky Friday to you that live for the weekends and like Loverboy. That was my theme song when I worked. Now that I've retired, I've changed to Eddy Arnold's "Make the World Go Away".

I wasn't a fan of his until I started dating my wife. Well, she wasn't my wife when we started dating but we did date after getting married. We had date night which is what she called it so the first one I brought some dates home thinking we might play a round of "The Sultan and the Slave Seductress" with me reclining as she fanned me with a giant feather and fed me dates. Not only was I wrong but this prompted her to suggest "Date Other People Night" so this was the first lesson in my lifetime of training as to the wile ways of women. Yes, yes, CC is wild with alliteration once again. God help me, I just can't control myself.

Where was I? Oh yeah, Eddy Arnold. I wasn't a fan and thought any man that can't spell his own name correctly, what's this guy bringing to the party? My wife's Dad, one of my favorite people of all time, mainly because I was one of the few guys he approved of her dating and I would often think of him fondly when I had her naked in their bed. Anyway, he was into Eddy, Patsy Cline and classical music. I got my first exposure, other than Fantasia, to classical and began to really like it. And Patsy? Well, she's just special but I can't listen to her now without getting all weepy and crying into the whiskey. But, tears aren't a bad mixer, little saltiness balances out the sweetness of the bourbon.

Now, put down whatever you're reading this on and go outside and play.