FEATURED Morning Pops!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE....
3glr3p.jpg

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends. I’m sitting in the backyard by the fire pit. Nice cool evening. I watched the Longhorns lose to Iowa St :confused:Wasn’t pretty if you’re a Longhorn fan. I’m now watching Baylor putting a whipping on the Sooners. Have to pull for the Texas team.

Today I helped my brother in law cut down a tree and we lived to tell about it. It wasn’t a huge tree, probably about 40’. It kind of sort of damaged a wood fence but he was going to replace it anyway ;)

Have a great day tomorrow.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I think we do that to change the effect, when we can remember and smile, that particular grieving song or artist/group no longer makes us sad but returns us to how it made us feel when we first heard it and the people who listened with us.

That goes hand in hand with the visual memory of those we've lost and if they did not resemble who they were toward the end, that begins to fade and they are as they were in that happy and pleasing part of our memory. But this isn't always permanent and takes work and focus.

My dear lady, one of my greatest discoveries of life was that I wasn't a victim of my memory unless that served my purposes. Sometimes sadness can be cathartic because it teaches us how to handle it.

My greatest test will be listening to Poco, our favorite group. I haven't been able to do that but the last concert we saw was Trans-Siberian Orchestra and I started listening to them again 3 years ago so I am hopeful some time soon I will be able to pass the Poco test.

My first exposure to music was Big Band, I was raised around that. The scene in "Catch Me If You Can" when Di Caprio was watching his parents dance to it, I lived that. Now when I listen to that, they are not missing in my heart, they are dancing in my head. What once I avoided because it saddened me now I seek out because it helps heal me. It is such a mystery how music affects us.
...and I find myself going to listen to certain songs for the good memories... I totally understand what you're saying.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and fellas and gals. Don't forget we have the early game today. I didn't get a darn thing done yesterday except some writing I'm doing. I probably won't even do that today. I remind myself of the joke my Dad used to tell me that they were telling in the early 1900s. A man was so lazy he wouldn't even grow a garden and he was starving to death. The town just decided to go ahead and bury him to end his suffering. As they were carrying him to the grave yard another man felt sorry for him and offered him a bushel of corn. They dying man asked it was shucked and when the donor said no he told the pallbearers "Keep going boys." I think Coach is wearing off on me. KSK, I used to love that song! That and blue grass is the kind of music I was raised on until the rock and roll era came along.

Y'all have a good day and Go Cowboys!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Toooooo old.
Tooooooo old, he's too old to cut the mustard any more.

I'm gettin' toooooo old. I dont got tooooo oold I'm too old to cut the mustard any more.
I can still cut the mustard, the yellow kind that's pretty thin. That thick coarse ground Dijon or honey mustard, I can still cut it but I need to warm up a little longer and stretch out really well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Happy Football Sunday!...I hope.
Got some interesting games. I am more on that HOU-BAL game than the Cowboys game, two of the best mobile QB's in the league. PHL's got a tough one but they do get them at home, SEA next week as well. I think if they win either of those games, the Cowboys will not win the division.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and congratulations to us!

All the New Yorkers are congratulating me this morning for a nice win, and they all say they hope we win the SB this year.....Oh crap, there goes my alarm clock. Time to wake up and get to work.

Have a great day!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Morning Pops and Monday Morning Mourners but be of good cheer for next week isn't a full work week.

RGV, hope you and yours got your flu shots, I read where the first Texas death was in your neck of the woods.

I found a cure for insomnia, watching the Bears and Rams play football. Interesting, isn't it? Their coaches, McVay and Nagy, are the two most recent CotY recipients. We have a coach that won that too. Is that becoming the equivalent to appearing on the SI cover?

Well, it's off to the Fan Forum and more let's fire Garrett for winning in DET, but not by enough points, and leading the division. I wonder what they'd want to do to him if he had the Giants or Skins record? I know the passion for the game has left me when I actually feel sorry for the Skins.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good Morning Pops and Monday Morning Mourners but be of good cheer for next week isn't a full work week.

RGV, hope you and yours got your flu shots, I read where the first Texas death was in your neck of the woods.

I found a cure for insomnia, watching the Bears and Rams play football. Interesting, isn't it? Their coaches, McVay and Nagy, are the two most recent CotY recipients. We have a coach that won that too. Is that becoming the equivalent to appearing on the SI cover?

Well, it's off to the Fan Forum and more let's fire Garrett for winning in DET, but not by enough points, and leading the division. I wonder what they'd want to do to him if he had the Giants or Skins record? I know the passion for the game has left me when I actually feel sorry for the Skins.

Good morning Pops and friends. Hey CC. I’ve gotten a flu shot twice in my life and I got sick both times. Now quite flu sick but pretty close so I’ve been reluctant the last 6 years. Since I qualify as a senior citizen now, I’ll probably get the shot sometime this month. The flu is harder on little ones and old folks like me.

it’s a nice day today. Wife and I are going to the park for a jog/walk later when it hits 60°.

My sister in laws were making fun of me cause I named my cat “Cat”. I think it’s a unique name, I mean you don’t hear of any humans named “Human”, well I haven’t anyway. She used to think her name was Leave-Me-Alone. Last week when it got real cold, I put her in the garage and and bought her an electric blam. She liked it.

Enjoy this day even tho it’s a Monday ;)

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Hey CC. I’ve gotten a flu shot twice in my life and I got sick both times. Now quite flu sick but pretty close so I’ve been reluctant the last 6 years. Since I qualify as a senior citizen now, I’ll probably get the shot sometime this month. The flu is harder on little ones and old folks like me.

it’s a nice day today. Wife and I are going to the park for a jog/walk later when it hits 60°.

My sister in laws were making fun of me cause I named my cat “Cat”. I think it’s a unique name, I mean you don’t hear of any humans named “Human”, well I haven’t anyway. She used to think her name was Leave-Me-Alone. Last week when it got real cold, I put her in the garage and and bought her an electric blam. She liked it.

Enjoy this day even tho it’s a Monday ;)
We named one Baby Cat.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or name a kitten, without telling us what he named it?
He did use caps but he could be saluting Londy with his "here a cap, there a cap" kind of posting. But then, Leon might not know a baby cat is a kitten. We'll know if he claims to have named a Baby Dog. It's actually kind of cute and endearing.

Which brings up the question if Ryan Gosling was a goose, what would Leon and his wife name him?