FEATURED Morning Pops!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao2:
3gi815.jpg

Excellent form, notice how Jan keeps her arms at her side all the way to the landing and never loses the pike position.
:lmao:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, I guess I should've updated you all earlier. I'm done eating breakfast. (This is why I'm not on social media.)
We already knew that, you didn't post a picture of your breakfast. My wife got onto me during the short time I was on Facebook because I took pics of chewed up food in my mouth and asked people to guess what it was. Most thought it was funny, she did not. When I deleted my account she told me that was a good idea, social media wasn't meant for me. I thought she was rather narrow minded about it. Correct, but still narrow minded.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends.
Morning Pops and pen pals. Welcome to the Weekend! We are a little warmer today so maybe I'll mow one last time and mulch some the leaves on the yard. Take care, folks.
Wait until the trees are nekkid before you put in that last mow, Leon.
Morning Pops and peeps, and Happy Saturday!
Figured out I wasn't letting my omelettes cook long enough before flipping them. I'm now enjoying a ham and cheddar/jalapeño omelette and rye toast.
Cooking is tricky. I'm glad you have now mastered zee omelette, grasshopper. Omelette sounds Frenchified, so I was compelled to speak a little France.
We already knew that, you didn't post a picture of your breakfast. My wife got onto me during the short time I was on Facebook because I took pics of chewed up food in my mouth and asked people to guess what it was. Most thought it was funny, she did not. When I deleted my account she told me that was a good idea, social media wasn't meant for me. I thought she was rather narrow minded about it. Correct, but still narrow minded.
What a wonderful, lovely woman you plucked out of the wild. Smiley should be canonized.

Have a good Saturday everyone and thank you for all the laughs. I'm trying to figure out more substitutes for some bread I've got half made.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Cooking is tricky. I'm glad you have now mastered zee omelette, grasshopper. Omelette sounds Frenchified, so I was compelled to speak a little France.

What a wonderful, lovely woman you plucked out of the wild. Smiley should be canonized.

Have a good Saturday everyone and thank you for all the laughs. I'm trying to figure out more substitutes for some bread I've got half made.
A French Shaolin master, apparently. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wait, what? What is a Shaolin? Don't you make me hit Google again!
Shaolin monks are the bald guys in yellow robes you see in most Kung foo movies...like David Carradine's master in the series Kung Foo, you know, the guy who called him Grasshopper.

FYI, I had to spell Kung Foo this way, because otherwise, this happens: Kung **

kskboys

Reaction score

Hey, you can speak French? Me too!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the extent of my French: Oooh la la

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Temps climbed to the mid-forties today. It's a veritable heat wave (sarcasm inflected).

Spent today listening to some music and reminiscing... The Manhattan's (not the drink), George McCrae, Neil, Robert John, Gary Wright, Little River Band...the list goes on. Lots of great memories (and some sadness) to go along with them knowing I can't get those days and the people back that are attached to the memories. Idk why I do this to myself but I've decided it may be because I haven't allowed myself to properly/fully grieve the losses so I take it in small doses as I can tolerate it. Life won't wait for me to finish the process so I've got to move along with the pace that's been set and come back to the grieving bit by bit.

Well, that wasn't why I logged on here... but now I don't remember why I did. Guess I'm losing my mind too. Oh well. Off to do some errand running then home to make burgers. Everyone enjoy the rest of your day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Temps climbed to the mid-forties today. It's a veritable heat wave (sarcasm inflected).

Spent today listening to some music and reminiscing... The Manhattan's (not the drink), George McCrae, Neil, Robert John, Gary Wright, Little River Band...the list goes on. Lots of great memories (and some sadness) to go along with them knowing I can't get those days and the people back that are attached to the memories. Idk why I do this to myself but I've decided it may be because I haven't allowed myself to properly/fully grieve the losses so I take it in small doses as I can tolerate it. Life won't wait for me to finish the process so I've got to move along with the pace that's been set and come back to the grieving bit by bit.

Well, that wasn't why I logged on here... but now I don't remember why I did. Guess I'm losing my mind too. Oh well. Off to do some errand running then home to make burgers. Everyone enjoy the rest of your day.
I think we do that to change the effect, when we can remember and smile, that particular grieving song or artist/group no longer makes us sad but returns us to how it made us feel when we first heard it and the people who listened with us.

That goes hand in hand with the visual memory of those we've lost and if they did not resemble who they were toward the end, that begins to fade and they are as they were in that happy and pleasing part of our memory. But this isn't always permanent and takes work and focus.

My dear lady, one of my greatest discoveries of life was that I wasn't a victim of my memory unless that served my purposes. Sometimes sadness can be cathartic because it teaches us how to handle it.

My greatest test will be listening to Poco, our favorite group. I haven't been able to do that but the last concert we saw was Trans-Siberian Orchestra and I started listening to them again 3 years ago so I am hopeful some time soon I will be able to pass the Poco test.

My first exposure to music was Big Band, I was raised around that. The scene in "Catch Me If You Can" when Di Caprio was watching his parents dance to it, I lived that. Now when I listen to that, they are not missing in my heart, they are dancing in my head. What once I avoided because it saddened me now I seek out because it helps heal me. It is such a mystery how music affects us.

Xelda

Reaction score
Hey, you can speak French? Me too!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the extent of my French: Oooh la la
This was from one of the Bugs Bunny cartoons with an angry French chef. He yelled Sock Ray Blue a lot. I should write a book about all I learned watching Loony Toons.
I think we do that to change the effect, when we can remember and smile, that particular grieving song or artist/group no longer makes us sad but returns us to how it made us feel when we first heard it and the people who listened with us.

That goes hand in hand with the visual memory of those we've lost and if they did not resemble who they were toward the end, that begins to fade and they are as they were in that happy and pleasing part of our memory. But this isn't always permanent and takes work and focus.

My dear lady, one of my greatest discoveries of life was that I wasn't a victim of my memory unless that served my purposes. Sometimes sadness can be cathartic because it teaches us how to handle it.

My greatest test will be listening to Poco, our favorite group. I haven't been able to do that but the last concert we saw was Trans-Siberian Orchestra and I started listening to them again 3 years ago so I am hopeful some time soon I will be able to pass the Poco test.

My first exposure to music was Big Band, I was raised around that. The scene in "Catch Me If You Can" when Di Caprio was watching his parents dance to it, I lived that. Now when I listen to that, they are not missing in my heart, they are dancing in my head. What once I avoided because it saddened me now I seek out because it helps heal me. It is such a mystery how music affects us.
Music has great power. I read the other day on fascinating facts about a few songs. One was at a research facility that found certain chemo drugs performed much better (in the test tube) when they were blasting AC/DC's Thunderstruck. What person in their right mind would have the volume turned down for that song in the first place? I know it's weird, but it makes you think does aspirin perform better to AC/DC too? What about your many concoctions? We'll all have to crank it up and see how it goes.

Xelda

Reaction score
Shaolin monks are the bald guys in yellow robes you see in most Kung foo movies...like David Carradine's master in the series Kung Foo, you know, the guy who called him Grasshopper.

FYI, I had to spell Kung Foo this way, because otherwise, this happens: Kung **
Thank you, Runny. Be fore warned, I'm not committing this to memory.
Is she old enough to know what that show was?
Honestly, I barely remember it. I do remember the pebble and grasshopper.