FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and the rest of the gang. I missed out on my hour of solitude this morning. My 6 y.o. grandson got up a few minutes after I did so I had to set up the PS3 for him to play Call of Duty. I relish my morning solitude, but when he curls up in my lap and we talk, it makes up for it. Y'all have a good day.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to check out the thread.

Well, tough day yesterday for me. I hated putting down that Dog but was the right thing to do, like it or not. BTW, thank you Leon, for the words.

Only a few games left in the season and then it's done till next summer. I really hope they can turn things around but I'm not confident that will happen. Guess we'll see.

Got the Grandson today. We just finished doing a few chores and now we are ready for Moana and a little snack. Maybe figure out what we will have for lunch.

How is everybody today?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope everybody is recovered from Black Friday and we are all off to a good start of the week. I, myself, I am finding it hard to get into the swing of things.

Everybody, have a great Tuesday, headed off to buy some decent Roast Beef. I feel like a Philly Steak Sandwich! Have Fun!
Sorry to hear about your dog, @ABQCOWBOY. Pets, and especially dogs, are family members - it is difficult, if not impossible, to overstate the comfort loving pet brings to a household. My condolences.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to check out the thread.

Well, tough day yesterday for me. I hated putting down that Dog but was the right thing to do, like it or not. BTW, thank you Leon, for the words.

Only a few games left in the season and then it's done till next summer. I really hope they can turn things around but I'm not confident that will happen. Guess we'll see.

Got the Grandson today. We just finished doing a few chores and now we are ready for Moana and a little snack. Maybe figure out what we will have for lunch.

How is everybody today?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope everybody is recovered from Black Friday and we are all off to a good start of the week. I, myself, I am finding it hard to get into the swing of things.

Everybody, have a great Tuesday, headed off to buy some decent Roast Beef. I feel like a Philly Steak Sandwich! Have Fun!
ABQ, the hardest act for us and the kindest of all to put another's comfort ahead of our need.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to all who stopped in to visit.

Having a hard time figuring out what to do with all these Thanks Giving Leftovers. Guess I'll have to try and eat em all. If I don't show up for the next few days, you will know that I have been successful in my efforts. However, you will also know that the Turkey has put me to sleep for a few days so that's why.

Thank you all for the nice comments about my Dog. Hardest part of it now is that my Male, Beau, is having a hard time with it. He just keeps looking around for her. Eventually, that will work itself out but hurts my heart to watch him.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you guys are enjoying a great day. Only a few more working days and then it's Xmas. Even though I know this, I'm never ready LOL.....

Everybody, have a great day. Tomorrow is Thursday and then we are on the downside of the hill. Have a great Afternoon everybody!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I apologize if my story about the crazy dream bothered anyone, it wasn't meant to. Some of you will probably not sit next to me at church now. I understand. I've always had nightmares and do everything in my power to avoid them. The subconscious finds trouble though. It's strange how the memory of that feeling has stuck with me for as long as it has. It was a terrible, dirty feeling and I never figured out what to do with that hypothetical body. You know, witnesses and all.

As for yesterday, I battled the ultimate warrior and it whooped my butt. One of our employee's wife made the mistake of coming into my office in the middle of the battle. I yelled "I'M WORKING!" She turned tail and found more pleasant people to visit. I was drained when I left work. I won't forget what that sorry, no good printer put me through. Momma offered to work on it which with an extreme amount of satisfaction, it did the same crap to her. I'm behind her seething as she calmly tries something I'd already done a dozen times. Then she turned it around and couldn't find the problem. Back to the front and then to the sides and nothing worked. I'm counting the days until I order a truck with big tires on it to drive over that printer multiple times. I foresee it annoying me a whole lot more before it's time is done though.

I went to the doctor today. I'd finished up other chores early, so I headed up to see him instead of that time machine known as the mall. What seems like 20 minutes turns out to be 5 hours. Everyone acted like the earth was off it's axis for me getting there so early. Fortunately for me, the doctor was in a conference and finished up almost an hour after my appointment. I had time to sit and ponder the mysteries of the universe and what I'd have for lunch. That counts! Eventually my thoughts turned dark and it felt like the doctor was dreading seeing me because his news was going to be bad. I teared up and felt real sorry for myself. I had to regain control and act like the Fonz going for a milkshake. My scan came out clear from August's spots, but he wasn't happy until he found something. For now, it's relatively tiny so we'll worry about it in 6 months.

ABQ, you've been on my mind since Monday. I hope the sorrow eases for everyone. Dogs are wonderful. After a day of going to war with an anonymous printer, my dogs welcome me home with wagging tails and bright eyes. They never say "you look like crap" or "look what the cat threw up" or "you're late!" or "are you going to cook tonight?" or anything that would burn my biscuits. A true gift from God that always leaves us too soon.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:muttley:
3ig7rr.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and those happy they're not getting a shot in their eye today. Last shot I got in my eve was when I misjudged my mouth and thought I was taller.

Good luck on that Leon, my Mom had to have those and it made me cringe just thinking about it. Her fear of her good eye going "wet" overshadowed her life.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning Pops and those happy they're not getting a shot in their eye today. Last shot I got in my eve was when I misjudged my mouth and thought I was taller.

Good luck on that Leon, my Mom had to have those and it made me cringe just thinking about it. Her fear of her good eye going "wet" overshadowed her life.
I fear that as well and it may be happening. I went two weeks ago and they gave me a shot in my "good" eye.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good evening Pops and friends. I'm sorry to hear you are out on the roads in the snow bowl, Runny. Be safe, stay warm and take your vitamins. (I didn't get to boss much at work today, so...) I'm so sorry to hear about your pet, ABQ. You sound level headed about it. I'm never that way. It's like putting down my momma every single time. I'd better shut up now, or I'll howl at the moon on a school night.

Who's got time to do both? Prioritize and gloat afterwards. Words to live by, and I do.

I see Dabz sharpening her claws on Colo again. Call him out, DABZ! The curb painting must have been on his wife's "to do list" for him while she was gone. Poor Colo, can't get away with anything. :muttley:

I made more Malted Milk Cookies yesterday and some Apple Pecan Bread with a Praline Topping. I was loading the stuff in my car to take to work and UPS drove up with the caramel apples I ordered. Today was feast day. Momma put the bread in the safe and locked it up. I take that as a sign that the bread is good. Over all, it was a weird day filled with uncommon occurrences. I think I need to mull on this day later. Have a good evening everyone.
Okay, I've never heard of Malted Milk Cookies or Apple Pecan Bread. I expect to get a package of both for Christmas!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I apologize if my story about the crazy dream bothered anyone, it wasn't meant to. Some of you will probably not sit next to me at church now. I understand. I've always had nightmares and do everything in my power to avoid them. The subconscious finds trouble though. It's strange how the memory of that feeling has stuck with me for as long as it has. It was a terrible, dirty feeling and I never figured out what to do with that hypothetical body. You know, witnesses and all.

As for yesterday, I battled the ultimate warrior and it whooped my butt. One of our employee's wife made the mistake of coming into my office in the middle of the battle. I yelled "I'M WORKING!" She turned tail and found more pleasant people to visit. I was drained when I left work. I won't forget what that sorry, no good printer put me through. Momma offered to work on it which with an extreme amount of satisfaction, it did the same crap to her. I'm behind her seething as she calmly tries something I'd already done a dozen times. Then she turned it around and couldn't find the problem. Back to the front and then to the sides and nothing worked. I'm counting the days until I order a truck with big tires on it to drive over that printer multiple times. I foresee it annoying me a whole lot more before it's time is done though.

I went to the doctor today. I'd finished up other chores early, so I headed up to see him instead of that time machine known as the mall. What seems like 20 minutes turns out to be 5 hours. Everyone acted like the earth was off it's axis for me getting there so early. Fortunately for me, the doctor was in a conference and finished up almost an hour after my appointment. I had time to sit and ponder the mysteries of the universe and what I'd have for lunch. That counts! Eventually my thoughts turned dark and it felt like the doctor was dreading seeing me because his news was going to be bad. I teared up and felt real sorry for myself. I had to regain control and act like the Fonz going for a milkshake. My scan came out clear from August's spots, but he wasn't happy until he found something. For now, it's relatively tiny so we'll worry about it in 6 months.

ABQ, you've been on my mind since Monday. I hope the sorrow eases for everyone. Dogs are wonderful. After a day of going to war with an anonymous printer, my dogs welcome me home with wagging tails and bright eyes. They never say "you look like crap" or "look what the cat threw up" or "you're late!" or "are you going to cook tonight?" or anything that would burn my biscuits. A true gift from God that always leaves us too soon.
We're all glad the doc had to try really hard to find something to scare you.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. TGIF! The verdict is in on my experiment. The shot in the eye was a more pleasant experience than watching the Cowboys play football. I played golf on Wednesday and shot 88. That was encouraging so I'll try it again today. The score will probably be more like 98 today. Have a happy day.