Reaction score
MEANWHILE.... :lmao2:
3i3pir.jpg

The cats read your comment and are not amused.:p
:lmao:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. We are cold again. 39 this morning. It's a good excuse to stay in the house and do nothing.

Good morning Pops and all those that sashay by this thread.

I am not a coffee drinker, but I do love a cup of hot tea in the morning and, in fact, am on my second cup of Lady Earl Grey. Coffee is one of those items that falls into the category of "smells good, taste bad". I love the smell of freshly roasted coffee beans being ground. Unfortunately for me, there is a big gap between that smell and the taste.
I feel the same way about tobacco. I love to walk into a tobacco store and just enjoy the aroma; pick up a few good cigars, smell them and put them back down. Smoking them is something entirely different.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and now is the time those of us that endured the too long and too hot summer see the even out effect. Hard to sell ourselves on that back in July but seeing what Runny's neck of the woods is getting. However, their winter is shorter than our summer so we ain't even yet.

Stay safe and dry.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. We are cold again. 39 this morning. It's a good excuse to stay in the house and do nothing.

I feel the same way about tobacco. I love to walk into a tobacco store and just enjoy the aroma; pick up a few good cigars, smell them and put them back down. Smoking them is something entirely different.
Leon, it's you people that make me buy online, cigar fondlers.

I do love the aroma of a walk in humidor but I like firing up a fine hand rolled on the thighs of virgins stogie and know that I probably shouldn't but if I only limit myself to the things I should do, I become cranky. It's a balancing out kind of thing. I do the things I shouldn't do at about the same time I am not doing the things I should do. I find I enjoy the things I shouldn't do better. If I ain't getting by with something, I don't feel I've put my best effort in.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Leon, it's you people that make me buy online, cigar fondlers.

I do love the aroma of a walk in humidor but I like firing up a fine hand rolled on the thighs of virgins stogie and know that I probably shouldn't but if I only limit myself to the things I should do, I become cranky. It's a balancing out kind of thing. I do the things I shouldn't do at about the same time I am not doing the things I should do. I find I enjoy the things I shouldn't do better. If I ain't getting by with something, I don't feel I've put my best effort in.
Good morning Pops and Post-Thanksgiving Revellers.

While the eastern states are struggling with a severe weather, we are enjoying lots of sunshine and, for this time of year, moderate temperatures.

We are in full-on Christmas decorating mode which means, I get out of the way and nod approvingly at my wife's offerings. I have to admit, she does a great job.

Coach, last spring we traveled to Playa del Carmen on the Mexican Reviara. I witnessed a number of ladies (and men) hand rolling cigars. Without hesitation, I can guarantee that if I was a cigar aficionado and these were the last cigars on Earth, I wouldn't touch (much less, smoke) those cigars with a ten foot pole.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who have decided to stop in and check out the thread today.

Thanksgiving was good and now we are on to Christmas Season! Gotta keep it short this morning. One of my dogs is not doing well and hasn't been since last week. Unfortunately, over the holidays, not a lot of folks around so gonna take her in today. I'm guessing it's going to be for the last time. She's been a great dog for 17 years, she's had a good long life. Anyway, gotta go do that and then get back to work.

I hope that everybody had a great weekend, even though the football was not great.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope all of you are keeping warm!

Everybody, welcome to the home stretch of 2019!

Last edited:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends. I'm sorry to hear you are out on the roads in the snow bowl, Runny. Be safe, stay warm and take your vitamins. (I didn't get to boss much at work today, so...) I'm so sorry to hear about your pet, ABQ. You sound level headed about it. I'm never that way. It's like putting down my momma every single time. I'd better shut up now, or I'll howl at the moon on a school night.
Leon, it's you people that make me buy online, cigar fondlers. I do love the aroma of a walk in humidor but I like firing up a fine hand rolled on the thighs of virgins stogie and know that I probably shouldn't but if I only limit myself to the things I should do, I become cranky. It's a balancing out kind of thing. I do the things I shouldn't do at about the same time I am not doing the things I should do. I find I enjoy the things I shouldn't do better. If I ain't getting by with something, I don't feel I've put my best effort in.
Who's got time to do both? Prioritize and gloat afterwards. Words to live by, and I do.

I see Dabz sharpening her claws on Colo again. Call him out, DABZ! The curb painting must have been on his wife's "to do list" for him while she was gone. Poor Colo, can't get away with anything. :muttley:

I made more Malted Milk Cookies yesterday and some Apple Pecan Bread with a Praline Topping. I was loading the stuff in my car to take to work and UPS drove up with the caramel apples I ordered. Today was feast day. Momma put the bread in the safe and locked it up. I take that as a sign that the bread is good. Over all, it was a weird day filled with uncommon occurrences. I think I need to mull on this day later. Have a good evening everyone.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning Pops and all the gang. I watched the first half of the game last night before going to bed. It was a good game and the Seahawks are now in 1st place in their div. I think I'll try to finish my Christmas shopping this week. I finished a week early last year for the first time in my life. I'm normally picking up more stuff on Christmas eve day.

@ABQCOWBOY Sorry to hear about the pet, my friend. It's a hard thing to do, even if it's the right thing. I always end up crying.

Stay warm, friends and neighbors.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Morning Pops and MNF revelers. I wasn't actually reveling but I did enjoy that game and was struck by the contrast of watching two well coached teams as opposed to watching you know who. I watch those two and SF, GB and NO and wonder at the differences between them and you know who. You know who will probably win the East, which was my only real goal for this season so I will not be disappointed. Disappointed is an odd word to apply to them. Expectations should never include the element of hope in them.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. Does anyone else wake up after a weird dream the night before and feel like it's something that happened yesterday and they're going to be held accountable for it? Ok, me neither. There was this night that I had a dream someone broke into my house and attacked me. I killed him and (like those TV shows) was looking for a place to put him until I could dispose of the body. I was dragging it to the door when I saw the coppers pull up. I had to come up with something quick and stuffed him in my trunk. The next morning was horrible and I walked around with the guilt and pretty freaked out about the body in my trunk. A little after noon I realized it was a dream and was relieved. This is why I don't watch horror or suspense movies. I think I'd just watched the movie about Adam Walsh. I'm not a violent person, but I could be persuaded against predators or two people that drive side by side 10 miles under the speed limit in front of me. :rolleyes:

We're going to be in the high 60s today. Time to get the thick sweater out. I'd better get ready for work, so have a good day everyone and stay warm.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to check out the thread.

Well, tough day yesterday for me. I hated putting down that Dog but was the right thing to do, like it or not. BTW, thank you Leon, for the words.

Only a few games left in the season and then it's done till next summer. I really hope they can turn things around but I'm not confident that will happen. Guess we'll see.

Got the Grandson today. We just finished doing a few chores and now we are ready for Moana and a little snack. Maybe figure out what we will have for lunch.

How is everybody today?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope everybody is recovered from Black Friday and we are all off to a good start of the week. I, myself, I am finding it hard to get into the swing of things.

Everybody, have a great Tuesday, headed off to buy some decent Roast Beef. I feel like a Philly Steak Sandwich! Have Fun!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to check out the thread.

Well, tough day yesterday for me. I hated putting down that Dog but was the right thing to do, like it or not. BTW, thank you Leon, for the words.

Only a few games left in the season and then it's done till next summer. I really hope they can turn things around but I'm not confident that will happen. Guess we'll see.

Got the Grandson today. We just finished doing a few chores and now we are ready for Moana and a little snack. Maybe figure out what we will have for lunch.

How is everybody today?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope everybody is recovered from Black Friday and we are all off to a good start of the week. I, myself, I am finding it hard to get into the swing of things.

Everybody, have a great Tuesday, headed off to buy some decent Roast Beef. I feel like a Philly Steak Sandwich! Have Fun!
Kinda cheesy like????