FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I should be accustomed to the losses by now, but seeing Bennet's head stuck on a Cowboys jersey rubbed me twenty different wrong ways. We need a coach that hasn't suffered irreversible brain damage. I'd just better shut up.

Yesterday I was going through folders at work and saw a note on one about "CC paid". Could I be on Candid Camera? I just sat there looking at it as though someone had changed my Cheerios out with Raisin Bran. Then the mouse cranked the wheel enough to remember it means Credit Card and not CouchCoach.

Okay, I've never heard of Malted Milk Cookies or Apple Pecan Bread. I expect to get a package of both for Christmas!
As you wish. You know what you've got to do.
We're all glad the doc had to try really hard to find something to scare you.
Thank you. I wish he wouldn't have gone to the trouble, but it's not in his nature.
:lmao:
3ik4dw.jpg
RUN COACH! That hippo just saw Fantasia and wants to learn ballet. Now, why on earth would a man be nekkid (typing nekkid is like saying Beetlejuice three times, except ksk shows up instead) in the wild like that?

Have a good Friday everyone!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends.

I have today off, so I'm going to go shopping for a new TV. The one I have now keeps showing the Cowboys sucking, so I need to replace it with a better one...... hopefully a less fragile one.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
OOOOH Runny! Did you whoop your TV? I think about it with mine, but I look at the curved goodness and talk myself out of it. I have an OLED which produces a very good picture even if I don't agree with what it's showing me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OOOOH Runny! Did you whoop your TV? I think about it with mine, but I look at the curved goodness and talk myself out of it. I have an OLED which produces a very good picture even if I don't agree with what it's showing me.
Actually, the game just put me in a bad mood, so when my phone pissed me off, it bounced off the floor and hit the TV. The phone is very resilient.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends form near and far. Well, I did it. I pulled against the Cowboys last night. Hear me out, I couldn't help it.

You know my decades long struggle keeping Booger and the Boys separate and avoiding any exposure to him to aid in my efforts. Well, if you didn't know, you do now. So, I don't watch any pregame shows except for SNF because they show the highlights but I decided with this latest revelation from Aikman and Bradshaw shining a light on the real problem with the team, I would tune in for some tidbits. Not only was I disappointed but they put that fool on sitting at a bar, alone, with a glass of whiskey in front of him as he would retell the story of being Murdock's shill and blindsiding CBS back in 93. That is nothing to be bragging about but that is why they gave him the gold jacket. That set in motion TV contracts that would assure every team of a profit before the first ticket was sold.

And then I snapped. It was as if all of these years of pent up frustration and being forced to avoid that fool and his mutterings caught up with me and I said that's it, I am a Bears fan tonight and so I was. I was even pissed they let the Cowboys score once they backed off. I will also be a Rams fan next Sunday but the following Sunday against the Eagles, not sure I can make that one.

Now, the worst part, I felt no guilt. This team that was my exclusive since the Ice Bowl, a team that I'd been so unhealthily attached to I pissed off people around me, I could change that easily with the final straw. That old fool's arrogance and audacity had finally won out, I was no longer in the fold. I really do think had I not so successfully avoided exposure to him, this would have already happened. You see, I had no use for him coming in. I am from Little Rock and so was he and his banker was my father-in-law and I promised to never bring anything I know about him in here because that was then and now is now and that wouldn't be cricket.

I will continue to hang here and will discuss football stuff out in the fan forum but I am no longer what I would consider an ardent fan, not sure I am a fan at all. One thing that is important, by detaching myself now, I do not detach myself from the memories, especially the one of the Ice Bowl, when they won my heart with a loss. Oh no, I am still a fan of that team that was the Cowboys. I don't know what this is today. But to be candid, the entire NFL has become a shell of what it used to be and I feel I am one more of those stupid D runs to the end zone for a photo after a turnover. I remember when this game was played by men, not children.

Have a good weekend, I will because the conference championships start tonight with the PAC 12 and the other 4 tomorrow. Go Utes (did you say utes?), Geaux Tigers, On Wisconsin, Go You Other Tigers because the Cavaliers do not have a chance and what kind of football team is named the Cavaliers? and finally, Beat Butts You Baptists! Which all means OR, GA, OSU and OU will all win handily.

Xelda

Reaction score
Can we all have a moment of silence for Runny's TV?...……………………………………………………………………………………………..Thank you. If you feel like it Runny, we can strap your phone to my copier when I get the big wheels.

After Coach's story about his food saver, I decided to get one. I offer this bit of advice, don't try saving fresh buns. They look like pancakes that have been through Armageddon.

I'm sorry about your eye shots, Leon. I don't mean to ignore them, I simply squirm away from dwelling on it. I hope they give you the shots to numb your eye first. Also, you know I don't understand golf math. Is 88 good? Cudos to Dabz for throwing the #88 into the middle of the conversation. I love Brian PIccolo, I mean Michael Irvin so thanks for aiming away from him, Leon!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops an everyone. Welcome to the Weekend! Two college games might be really good today. Baylor vs. Oklahoma (Go Texas team), and LSU vs. Georgia.

Xelda, they give me numbing drops and a numbing shot too. By that time the shot doesn't hurt. The eye is a little sore in the evening, but that's it. As for the golf, 88 is a decent score for me. Yesterday was really windy so I only played 9 holes and was on pace for 94. I blamed the wind, naturally.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we all have a moment of silence for Runny's TV?...……………………………………………………………………………………………..Thank you. If you feel like it Runny, we can strap your phone to my copier when I get the big wheels.

After Coach's story about his food saver, I decided to get one. I offer this bit of advice, don't try saving fresh buns. They look like pancakes that have been through Armageddon.

I'm sorry about your eye shots, Leon. I don't mean to ignore them, I simply squirm away from dwelling on it. I hope they give you the shots to numb your eye first. Also, you know I don't understand golf math. Is 88 good? Cudos to Dabz for throwing the #88 into the middle of the conversation. I love Brian PIccolo, I mean Michael Irvin so thanks for aiming away from him, Leon!
If you want to freeze bread in those bags, you have to freeze the bread first, not all the way but enough to give them substance to withstand the pressure. I discovered this by accident. I accidently didn't read the instructions but my wife did and she let me murder innocent French bread that never did anything to anybody except be selected by stupid dough boy.

I loved her more than life but she did have this irritating quality about letting me make mistakes when she knew better and then she would let me know she knew better prior to commission of mistake without just telling me that. But I got over her on that one, I acted like that's the way a half loaf of French bread ready to be French toast should look and just put it in the freezer and went about my business or just waited for her to tell me my business for that time period. I tossed the bread later when witnesses weren't present thinking this was over. But oh no, I volunteered to cook breakfast the next morning and asked her what she wanted and of course she said "I want your French toast, the best I ever had" and then just stared at me. You know the stare. The knowing stare. The one that says I know what you don't want me to know and I want you to know I know it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and did I call it or did I call it? Oregon spanked Utah and sent them to bed without any dinner. I am ofer 1 so far and everything is pointing to my two least favorite teams that start with an O will be in the CFP. My only hope is that OSU keeps that #1 seed and they face OU in the first round.

Baylor would be an interesting player in the CFP with their history. Unlike Penn State executives that looked the other way and ignored the rumors and some are still there, one of my closest friend's brother is pretty high up in the Baylor regime and they were actually considering giving themselves their own death penalty. There are some very high profile Baptist ministers that were in favor of that. People are just human and some got so caught up in winning that they forget who they were and what they represented. They're the "from the ashes" team in the hunt and I would like to see them make it.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning, Pops an everyone. Welcome to the Weekend! Two college games might be really good today. Baylor vs. Oklahoma (Go Texas team), and LSU vs. Georgia.

Xelda, they give me numbing drops and a numbing shot too. By that time the shot doesn't hurt. The eye is a little sore in the evening, but that's it. As for the golf, 88 is a decent score for me. Yesterday was really windy so I only played 9 holes and was on pace for 94. I blamed the wind, naturally.
Sorry Leon, it still doesn't sound fun. Be brave for all of us.
If you want to freeze bread in those bags, you have to freeze the bread first, not all the way but enough to give them substance to withstand the pressure. I discovered this by accident. I accidently didn't read the instructions but my wife did and she let me murder innocent French bread that never did anything to anybody except be selected by stupid dough boy.

I loved her more than life but she did have this irritating quality about letting me make mistakes when she knew better and then she would let me know she knew better prior to commission of mistake without just telling me that. But I got over her on that one, I acted like that's the way a half loaf of French bread ready to be French toast should look and just put it in the freezer and went about my business or just waited for her to tell me my business for that time period. I tossed the bread later when witnesses weren't present thinking this was over. But oh no, I volunteered to cook breakfast the next morning and asked her what she wanted and of course she said "I want your French toast, the best I ever had" and then just stared at me. You know the stare. The knowing stare. The one that says I know what you don't want me to know and I want you to know I know it.
Speaking from experience, you lived the dream. Do you know what it's like to get ready to do something and be cordoned off at a safe distance while someone pulls the instructions out of the trash and makes you do it the right way? It's no fun! On top of that, once I hear I can't do it a certain way, that's all I can think about doing. You wife was both wise and sneaky. I guess she had to be.

Dabz, I thought Jerry had his captain pull the yatch over and talk the fish into jumping in the boat. :muttley:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

We just return from Louisville, Kentucky and the wedding. The wedding was fun and generally devoid of the fireworks that often accompanies such family gatherings. That said, it is always good to return home.

I have a new-found respect for Bourbon. We did a number of tastings and, quite frankly, was blown away by the quality. I gravitated to those Bourbons that were "finished" in a second Port, Sherry or even rum barrel... Seems to really mellow the taste.

Aside from the wedding and Bourbon "tours", we traveled around the Louisville area and found the rolling green pasture lands truly beautiful.

I read this somewhere and as it is completely fictitious story, I don't have to provide the link or reference:

Jerry Jones: We will win out the remaining games and make a Super Bowl run.

Morgan Freeman: Jerry Jones and the Cowboys did not win out and did not make a play off run. In fact, Jerry Jones got drunk and fought a raccoon.

:lmao2:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good evening Pops, friends and those of us hanging on to the last precious hours of the weekend with our fingernails. I have NOT been waiting all day for Sunday night. I did yard work today and was just waiting for that to be over with.. It was no fun, but at least I didn't have to go far to get it done.

I believe Morgan Freeman, Colo. In fact I'm certain the raccoon started the fight because Jerry wouldn't shut up about our Super Bowl run. I've got money on the raccoon, so let me know how it ends.