FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends... :omg: DON'T DO THAT DABZ! So many rumors swirling around and now Jerry picks this day of all days to delay a visit with his friendly media. Anything and everything seems plausible right now. As for Rowdy, the only time I want to see him unmasked is when they put that creepy clown suit on fire. Speaking of updates and/or plausible situations, I suffered a pulled muscle during the game. It's a high ankle sprain that starts right below the knee on the outside. I'd better not need surgery! I hurt my throwing shoulder too, but that's to be expected from yesterday's high scoring affair.

Like the Cowboys, I'm going to miss the playoffs but have loads of opinions. I have a personal distaste for AR's face, voice and now State Farm. I made an attempt to watch the Green Bass Turds game and no matter what was happening on the field, cameramen found a way to show his mug every few seconds. This begs the question, do men find him attractive? You know, I think Bucky would dump Troy after all these years if AR came available for broadcasting. Dang, I'm not prepared for this! :eek:

I'm sorry about that, Runny. I'd rather repeat my condolences than let them slip by without acknowledgement. Truly good friends are rare fragrant flowers in the swirling mess of humanity. I try to be one of those flowers, but what I eat is not always conducive with a nice fragrance. What can we do? The healthy stuff stinks.

Here's to a good firing day. Cast your guilt aside over someone losing their multi million dollar job. Other franchises are lining up to snatch him off the market.

Xelda

Reaction score
X girl, could not agree more about Rodgers. The close ups are as ridiculous as his stupid commercials. If I am in a lifeboat with him, that idiot agent, the one from Sate Farm and Mahomes, I am volunteering to be food.
Give 'em indigestion, Coach! GB games are unwatchable. The NFL starring AR, AR, AR, AR and sometimes referees when anyone on defense comes within 2 feet of AR with the gift wrapped 15 yards and a first down penalty. Camera 6, close up of AR's reaction, yes, yes, the smirk. Ok, now a Bud Light commercial, State Farm commercial, brief shot of Michael Strahan talking, young schmucks giving each other new vehicles, Flo on ice and back to AR. I wonder what's on PBS or the weather channel.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and a good Tuesday morning to all of you. My daughter and her family go back home to Calif. today. We will really miss them, but I know they will be glad to be home and sleep in thier own beds. We've had a great time with them. Y'all have a good day and smile a lot.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Happy New Year's Eve morning to you all. I will get that well-wishing in now because, as usual, I plan to be asleep by 9:00 p.m. Today marks the end of a year that in my book could've been better, but also could've been much worse, so I'm going to come in on the "positive" side and call it a better year than not. I've thought a lot about 2019 and the many blessings I've received (and have been made ready to receive in the coming year) and I know I am truly blessed. I consider you all in this thread to be friends and a blessing in my life whether you like it or not. Wait... that was supposed to say whether you 'are full of wisdom and guidance, grouchy, a know-it-all, lazy, a jack of all trades (ya'll are beginning to sound like a bunch of Smurfs:D) and I can't imagine not being able to at least be able to check in here daily for the occasional chuckle or story that tugs at my heart strings'. There. That's better.

My wish/hope/prayer (or whatever you choose to call it in your life) for each of you is for a happy, safe, healthy, and prosperous 2020, be it financially, spiritually, emotionally or by whatever means it comes to you.

Be blessed.

Gramma Jan.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all who will celebrate Amateur's Day, I do believe this "holiday" was created by Alka-Seltzer. How to tell the difference between the amateurs and the pros? The pros don't have to leave the room because of the ear shattering noise of plop, plop, fizz, fizz.

I don't know how many New Year's I've actually been awake to celebrate but it is a lot about nothing to me. Nothing changes but the calendar and all the black eyed peas or sauerkraut you ingest will not change your luck one iota.

I do believe 2020 is going to be a better year because that is my goal. At least for my little corner of the world, I am committing myself to making mine better. A couple of weeks ago, I was in a real funk and I realized something, I was letting all of the things over which I have no control affect the things I do have control over and that had become too convenient.

I will be celebrating this New Year's Eve on the phone with Mike, my bud from PA, and we will toast in the year with our pact of changes. He's already committed to selling the home he and his wife spent the last 25 years of their lives in and starting a new life. Life is hard enough without dragging an anchor around.

I hope you make your 2020 better in your little corner of the world, as for me I will begin each day with a two part question, out loud. "What do I control and what difference can I make"?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and all who will celebrate Amateur's Day, I do believe this "holiday" was created by Alka-Seltzer. How to tell the difference between the amateurs and the pros? The pros don't have to leave the room because of the ear shattering noise of plop, plop, fizz, fizz.

I don't know how many New Year's I've actually been awake to celebrate but it is a lot about nothing to me. Nothing changes but the calendar and all the black eyed peas or sauerkraut you ingest will not change your luck one iota.

I do believe 2020 is going to be a better year because that is my goal. At least for my little corner of the world, I am committing myself to making mine better. A couple of weeks ago, I was in a real funk and I realized something, I was letting all of the things over which I have no control affect the things I do have control over and that had become too convenient.

I will be celebrating this New Year's Eve on the phone with Mike, my bud from PA, and we will toast in the year with our pact of changes. He's already committed to selling the home he and his wife spent the last 25 years of their lives in and starting a new life. Life is hard enough without dragging an anchor around.

I hope you make your 2020 better in your little corner of the world, as for me I will begin each day with a two part question, out loud. "What do I control and what difference can I make"?
Ironic you should end your post in that way. I ordered myself two bracelets over the Christmas holiday, both in morse code (for no particular reason except that I thought it would be a cool way to remind myself), one saying "Blessed" and the other saying "Be the Change". It's a great mindset to be in going into the the new year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Give 'em indigestion, Coach! GB games are unwatchable. The NFL starring AR, AR, AR, AR and sometimes referees when anyone on defense comes within 2 feet of AR with the gift wrapped 15 yards and a first down penalty. Camera 6, close up of AR's reaction, yes, yes, the smirk. Ok, now a Bud Light commercial, State Farm commercial, brief shot of Michael Strahan talking, young schmucks giving each other new vehicles, Flo on ice and back to AR. I wonder what's on PBS or the weather channel.
I wonder if I can get State Farm to start calling him Smirky McDbag in their commercials.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends.

Hopefully today is the last day we write 2019 as the current date. It usually takes me a few weeks, but 2020 is so different, I might remember.

As usual, I'll be staying home and celebrating not being struck by a drunk driver... probably.

To anyone I don't speak to later today, I wish you a happy and successful New Year....or even if I do speak to you later...unless you piss me off, which seems unlikely with you folks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and visit.

Man, been a long year and it's going out like it came in. I've been busy this entire holiday season. 6:00 AM this morning, phone is ringing off the hook. It's good but man, gonna need to figure out a way to make it up to my Wife. Bless her heart, she pretty much did everything this Holiday Season. Usually, I am at least able to get in the way a little bit but not this year. Just haven't had any time.

I guess we might be headed over to my Cousin's tonight, not really sure to be honest. Usually, we will have a New Years Eve get together at our house but not this year. Whatever the case, it's probably going to be an early night for me. Might stay up long enough to see the ball drop but then again, maybe not. I could use the sleep, to be honest.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all of you are doing well. I hope you all have a great New Years Eve and an even better New Year. Stay Safe!

Everybody, have a great New Years Eve. Have fun, enjoy good food, good drink but above all else, be very safe, be very careful!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. It's the last day of 2019. Time to tuck my Cowboys in for the winter and wander off into the world seeking wisdom, insight and good sales. I think I'm going to continue my search for the perfect bread recipe. I have a hamburger bun from Sam's that hasn't developed mold yet. It's been in a baggie for at least 4 months. I wasn't doing a science experiment, but that thing is still fresh and soft meaning massive amounts of preservatives. It's just a small step in the right direction for me and no giant leap for anyone.

Several years ago, I made a New Year's resolution to not make New Year's resolutions anymore and I've been able to keep it. Every day provides enough opportunities to make right decisions and I screw those up without being responsible 364 other days. Win/Win with 97% less guilt. Don't make this one unless you are able to accept that loosie goosy feeling of flying by the seat of your pants day in and out.

My New Year's wish for all of you is that the Cowboys get it together next season and set the NFL world right again. Personally though, I wish salvation through Jesus for all of you so that your eternity will be filled with joy. While here, be blessed and speak good things about your future. Speaking good things puts angels to work. Speaking bad puts demons to work and I don't wish that for any of you. Walk in health, greet each day with joy (yes, even for our early risers) and may those in your life celebrate you. Happy New Year.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. It's the last day of 2019. Time to tuck my Cowboys in for the winter and wander off into the world seeking wisdom, insight and good sales. I think I'm going to continue my search for the perfect bread recipe. I have a hamburger bun from Sam's that hasn't developed mold yet. It's been in a baggie for at least 4 months. I wasn't doing a science experiment, but that thing is still fresh and soft meaning massive amounts of preservatives. It's just a small step in the right direction for me and no giant leap for anyone.

Several years ago, I made a New Year's resolution to not make New Year's resolutions anymore and I've been able to keep it. Every day provides enough opportunities to make right decisions and I screw those up without being responsible 364 other days. Win/Win with 97% less guilt. Don't make this one unless you are able to accept that loosie goosy feeling of flying by the seat of your pants day in and out.

My New Year's wish for all of you is that the Cowboys get it together next season and set the NFL world right again. Personally though, I wish salvation through Jesus for all of you so that your eternity will be filled with joy. While here, be blessed and speak good things about your future. Speaking good things puts angels to work. Speaking bad puts demons to work and I don't wish that for any of you. Walk in health, greet each day with joy (yes, even for our early risers) and may those in your life celebrate you. Happy New Year.

Good afternoon Pops and friends. The years are rolling by. Seems like only yesterday that the world was panicking about Y2K. That was 20 years ago. Then in 2012, the world was going to end. Time is flying by. The only time that really counts is here and now. Love your family, love your friends. Appreciate those around you. Each and everyone of you are special to me and I appreciate your words of wisdom.

I even like Jason Garrett. I like him so much that I will help him pack and even fill his gas tank as he drives off to his next gig.

Happy New Year friends. May next year bring much happiness, joy, peace and good health.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. It's the last day of 2019. Time to tuck my Cowboys in for the winter and wan Happy New Year.
3kwmbm.gif

3kwllm.jpg

Haha! I still got it!
Who knew?
Lol. You betcha! ;)