FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stopped in to check out the thread today.

Man, weather can't figure out what it wants to do lately. Not hot, not cold, just overcast and damp. Oh well......

How is everybody doing today? Had the Grandson yesterday so we pretty much played and ate Pizza. In the afternoon, we fought sleep and ate some Strawberry Ice Cream. Nothing really out of the ordinary......

How is everybody today? We got Wednesday and we are about half way done with that so it's looking good here.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well today. Looking forward to this weekend I hope! Everybody, stay out of trouble!

Good people of the CBZ, have a great day for tomorrow we are on the downhill side of the Week!

God Bless!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao2:
3mwguc.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends, from lovely Da Bronx.

It was 13° when I left my house, and here in Da Bronx (a mere 118 road miles... about 80 as the crow flies) it's 29°.

It's 16° warmer, and I still despise the place.

Ah well, everyone have a wonderful day, wherever you are!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Looks like the new A/C will be installed this week. The guy is moving fast. Most of the time island time is amazing. Or maybe I should say amazingly slow. It reminds me of when I lived on the Big Island of Hawaii. I've been waiting for quotes for shipping and one for repairing one of the sliding storm doors. Both should be simple to prepare. The steel storm shutters need new locking screws in them and I don't have the tap and die set I would need to fix them. The guy keeps telling me he will be here but doesn't show up.

In the big scheme of things that's just a minor annoyance. I can live with it. Y'all have a nice day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Looks like the new A/C will be installed this week. The guy is moving fast. Most of the time island time is amazing. Or maybe I should say amazingly slow. It reminds me of when I lived on the Big Island of Hawaii. I've been waiting for quotes for shipping and one for repairing one of the sliding storm doors. Both should be simple to prepare. The steel storm shutters need new locking screws in them and I don't have the tap and die set I would need to fix them. The guy keeps telling me he will be here but doesn't show up.

In the big scheme of things that's just a minor annoyance. I can live with it. Y'all have a nice day.
I live in a resort area and it's the same situation. I hear complaints about finding people to work and getting them to work. It's unusual in that most of the "residents" are wealthy and usually demanding. I find it fascinating what rich people choose to be cheap about but I've heard from the service people that they're terrible tippers, especially the ones that aren't full time residents. Once they get to know me, they know I am not one of "them" and they talk pretty freely.

I stopped telling people around Austin, and the burbs where I shop, where I live because of the rep some of these people have but when I give my address, I have to qualify that I am not one of "them", I don't even play golf. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't have settled here and my real estate guy was a snob and that should have been a hint.

Nothing like living around money to shape one's perspective. I saw my first Bentley SUV here last summer, new meaning to ostentatious. 300K to haul potting soil.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and happy Hump Day to my fellow retirees. This, of course, if you start the week on a Monday and not Sunday but what self-respecting retiree wouldn't start the week on Monday?

The rain has moved on and we should have nice weather for a few days and the bugs will come out to frolic in the air. They must hide somewhere, shivering, all wrapped up and just waiting because the minute it's nice, they're all over the place. The way the weather here has been yo-yoing, they're a confused lot.

I hope this day is a pleasant day and you are greeted by smiling people that make you feel good. And if you want to have an even more pleasant day, be the one smiling first.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

I love the juxtaposition of @Runwildboys 13 F start to the morning with @LeonDixson air conditioning repair in the Bahamas. What a change! Nothing exemplifies our differences quite like the weather.

@CouchCoach, I know what you mean by petty retirees or, more appropriately, the idle wealthy. We live in an interesting area: the closest town or village has a gas station, bar, liquor store, and a Mexican food restaurant. Most of the homes within the city limits area are mobile homes. Within five miles of town, however, you can find multi-million dollar homes on 5-20 acres mini-horse ranches - and many of these "ranch" owners are transplanted Californians. I drive a well-used, six year old pick-up, because, well, I like it. It has 4 wheel drive (an absolute necessity around here) and we use the pick for our never-ending landscaping adventures.

Anyway, I have been stopped on more than a few occasions by "well-meaning" neighbors inquiring whether I was lost or perhaps where I was working. Recently, I put a small sign in the back window of my pickup that simply stated, "I Live Here!".

We are headed to New Orleans next weekend to see the grandkids for a few days. I really enjoy the visit but sure wouldn't want to live there.

Hope you all have a great weekend.