FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Perfect! :muttley:
3n3d1q.gif
This is a great approach @daboyzruleperiod. Works for me. In combination with overt stalking, I think you have a winner.

:muttley:

Ok. It appears I have devolved to teenage boy humor. I blame it on @daboyzruleperiod !

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to all who decided to stop in this thread before starting the weekend.

It's a pretty nice day out today and I'm hoping it last the weekend. I'm sitting here finishing off a few things before I start the weekend, myself, just listing to Joshua Tree and awaiting the arrival of my Grandson, who is coming over to hang out while Mom and Dad go out and enjoy a date night. I'd actually forgotten who really good this entire album is.

How is everybody doing today?

Jan, don't sweat the small stuff, don't overthink it. Who's not going to love you?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, here's hoping that all of you have a great weekend.

Everybody, it's quitting time so go find yourself a good place to enjoy the Friday but be careful, be safe!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Winding up the week in property fashion with a chiro appointment after work. Ahhh, the single life.

I admitted to myself yesterday that what I thought wasn't a personal dilemma, was in fact, a dilemma. It's easy to talk about these things on this site because technically none of you knows me, and should it happen that I am embarrassed about something I know I can simply disappear from the forum, but I also know that any elbowing, ribbing, taunting or other form of teasing is meant in fun. That being said, what I've admitted to myself, after well over a year of denial, is that I am crushing on someone and don't know what to do about it. So junior high, I know. He's not married but what I don't know is how old he is OORRRR if he "swings from the right trees", if you know what I mean. It's someone I know through work and that I gladly get to interact with at least once a week. The other day I was at the County administration building (where he works) taking care of some office business. Apparently he saw I was there and came from his office across the way to pick on me. I've been out of this game long enough that I don't know what to make of all this so I'm calling on my pals on this site to try to pick this thing apart. Maybe he's not "straight" and just playing because (I think) we're "friends"... I don't know.

Alright, take your shots but some serious guidance on how to figure this out would be nice too.

In the meantime I think I need to get through one more day at the office so I can get into my weekend and another round of light packing.

More snow here yesterday and last night so over the past couple days we've had about 4-6 inches. Perfect. Beautiful.

Have a great day all.

Be blessed and have a great weekend.

Good evening Pops and friends.

Sounds to me like he likes you Jan. He’s waiting for the like like signal from you. ;)

Sounds like a good guy, looking after his ailing dad and all.

Forty two plus years ago when I was a student at a trade school, I really liked this girl but I didn’t know if she liked me the same way. One day she handed me a note and told me not to read it until I got home. I read it immediately of course. She wrote on the note that she liked me .....a lot ;).

We were married 3 months later. 42 years, 6 months and counting, 3 kids, 5 gkids, 1 in the oven. That note started it all :thumbup:. You only fail when you fail to try...

Well maybe he doesn’t need a note but sometimes the lady needs to let the guy know how she feels.

Like CC said, you can’t leave. We’re family. :starspin:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends.

Sounds to me like he likes you Jan. He’s waiting for the like like signal from you. ;)

Sounds like a good guy, looking after his ailing dad and all.

Forty two plus years ago when I was a student at a trade school, I really liked this girl but I didn’t know if she liked me the same way. One day she handed me a note and told me not to read it until I got home. I read it immediately of course. She wrote on the note that she liked me .....a lot ;).

We were married 3 months later. 42 years, 6 months and counting, 3 kids, 5 gkids, 1 in the oven. That note started it all :thumbup:. You only fail when you fail to try...

Well maybe he doesn’t need a note but sometimes the lady needs to let the guy know how she feels.

Like CC said, you can’t leave. We’re family. :starspin:

Great stories, RGV, Coach and the rest that have shared. Thank you. Okay, so I don't disappear. Maybe just be an ostrich for a little bit lol:D. I feel a lengthy post coming on. I apologize in advance. Bear with me.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts, input, sage advice and the like, and I did take it to heart. I've got a lot to think about and sort through given all the real-life wisdom doled out here.

I have to laugh at myself over it all though, and at least I can now laugh at it. I've come a long way. For as long as I can remember I'd felt 'less than' and dealt with self esteem issues. I credit my guy that passed (Elisha) for my still being here. My marriage had me in such a depression I HAD to get out. Elisha came along about a month later. I'd like to say his caring at all literally saved my life. It was that bad. I finally mattered to someone with him. (No, I'm not at that place again.) He helped me see I had value... brought me up to a better place in my life, emotionally and in so many other ways, before he passed; I got my strength back and my feet back under me. This (pointing at myself) is a different me thanks to him.

Now, let's pile on the literal physical scarring from surgery. It's easy to think and feel like, "meh - who in their right mind would bother", but we all have physical and emotional scars. I own and am proud of them and the toughness it took for me to win the battles that came with them. They have made me who I am today. Part of my year of positivity is allowing myself to be happy with me:) (and I'm very happy with my pals here too).

Enough from me. Thank you all for letting me ramble. Sometimes you just gotta. Have a good evening and a wonderful weekend. I'm gonna.

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Heading out for errands in a few minutes, including going to mom's (aka the stinky cat house). I think I'll stop for coffee, gas and a trim up first. When I come home I'll have to shower and do laundry to get rid of the smell :(. That's the routine for me AND my siblings. I hate that she's basically given up since my step dad passed away. There's no pushing for change because then she thinks we're ganging up on her and she quits talking to us. She lives in a rural area and has no car since she totalled her truck so we are always concerned when one of us doesn't hear from her at least once a day. A horse could kick her or she could fall again, or worse. She lives alone and its not safe (or a healthy environment) for her.

There I go rambling again. Coffee. Need coffee. Have a great day, all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Heading out for errands in a few minutes, including going to mom's (aka the stinky cat house). I think I'll stop for coffee, gas and a trim up first. When I come home I'll have to shower and do laundry to get rid of the smell :(. That's the routine for me AND my siblings. I hate that she's basically given up since my step dad passed away. There's no pushing for change because then she thinks we're ganging up on her and she quits talking to us. She lives in a rural area and has no car since she totalled her truck so we are always concerned when one of us doesn't hear from her at least once a day. A horse could kick her or she could fall again, or worse. She lives alone and its not safe (or a healthy environment) for her.

Ugh.....Cat smells. Good luck!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just one more little piece of advice. If you are headed to the county office, Mr. Wonderful's place of employment, do not stop by and visit with your Mom on the way.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So gross. There's over 20 of them:mad:
Back when I delivered furniture, I was bringing a new bed and mattress to a customer's house. I knocked on the door, and before it was even opened I could smell the cat crap. The door opens, and it hits me like a wave of toxic waste.

I ask the teenager who greeted me to show me where they want the bed to go, then take one last breath of clean air before following him up to the room. As I walk in the house, it's one of those places that has a living room/dining room right as you walk in, and the only furniture was in the first room. In the left corner was the TV, and on the right wall was the sofa, where the kid's parents were seated, watching TV and not even acknowledging my presence as I walked between them and the TV.

Other than that, the only thing in either room was cat crap, lining every wall, as though it was kicked there to prevent anyone from stepping in it.

Needless to say, I held my breath the whole time I walked upstairs, saw where the bed was going, then came back down and stepped outside. My helper was about to bring the headboard inside and I grabbed him by the arm and told him to take a deep breath and hold it. While I was getting the footboard out of the truck, he came back out of the house, looking like he was about to puke. He said, "I thought you were kidding!"

We brought the rest of the pieces upstairs and I had the kid sign the invoice outside on the porch. He asked me, "Aren't you guys supposed to assemble it?" I said, "We usually do, but I'm allergic to cats."

Maybe you should suddenly develop an allergy to cats, Jan.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and well, well, well, we've come to another weekend and what do you all have to say for yourselves?

So far, we know Leon's up at 4am in paradise and I have to rethink the meaning of paradise now. Here's the thing, there's nothing to do in paradise at 4am. Sleeping at 4am IS paradise wherever you are.

Runny is playing Calendar Man, and doing very well I might say, he got the days of the week right and in order, and Jan is on her way for some cat Poopourri and I think her first stop should be a Waffle House and kind of just wonder around the place and then walk out. Give those patrons something to gag about besides their waffles.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Back when I delivered furniture, I was bringing a new bed and mattress to a customer's house. I knocked on the door, and before it was even opened I could smell the cat crap. The door opens, and it hits me like a wave of toxic waste.

I ask the teenager who greeted me to show me where they want the bed to go, then take one last breath of clean air before following him up to the room. As I walk in the house, it's one of those places that has a living room/dining room right as you walk in, and the only furniture was in the first room. In the left corner was the TV, and on the right wall was the sofa, where the kid's parents were seated, watching TV and not even acknowledging my presence as I walked between them and the TV.

Other than that, the only thing in either room was cat crap, lining every wall, as though it was kicked there to prevent anyone from stepping in it.

Needless to say, I held my breath the whole time I walked upstairs, saw where the bed was going, then came back down and stepped outside. My helper was about to bring the headboard inside and I grabbed him by the arm and told him to take a deep breath and hold it. While I was getting the footboard out of the truck, he came back out of the house, looking like he was about to puke. He said, "I thought you were kidding!"

We brought the rest of the pieces upstairs and I had the kid sign the invoice outside on the porch. He asked me, "Aren't you guys supposed to assemble it?" I said, "We usually do, but I'm allergic to cats."

When I was a youngster, I spent a lot of weekends with my grandparents and they owned a small grocery store on the East side of Little Rock and I lived on the West side, two very different worlds. Besides my self-appointed title of King of the candy section, ice cream and soda machines, I rode shotgun with my Grandad when he delivered groceries to people who couldn't get out.

One of these people was Aunt Minnie, not really our aunt, that's what people called her and she was the keeper of cats. I don't know how many but they were everywhere as were litter boxes and I was about 6 when I first went in there but some of those cats were feral and would stare at me and give me the willies. But I learned from that man when I asked him why are we going in there. He just looked at me and asked "if we don't, who will"? I didn't get that at the time but over the years I learned a great deal more from him than my father. But I never got over my uneasiness around cats and I don't like them looking at me.

GrammaJan

Reaction score

She's already tried to offer to move herself in to the house when I close and I told her no because there would be NO cats. My home. My rules.

Xelda

Reaction score
It's still morning so... Good morning Pops and friends. I have at least 100 great thoughts floating around in my head, but none will land so I can translate. Since they haven't landed, I've probably spoken too quickly about their greatness. Some could be flaming turds that I'd refuse to admit to. It was a rough week, but I kept a note of everyone's words.

Leon cannot complain about the waves coming ashore to soothe every fiber of his being. He's not a complainer to begin with, but he hasn't started writing a song about lost shakers of salt yet. He could be waiting for Coach to come and write that one himself. I'm just living vicariously through his words of peace, calm and mornings in paradise.

Jan is wooking for wov in all the wrong pwaces… Nope, that's Coach again. Jan's on the prowl as we watch curiously for progress. We're rooting for you, girl!

I'm really rooting for all of you to have the best life possible.