FEATURED Morning Pops!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I've been away from the jog for so long. I really just can't get that "want" back. Your mile is faster than mine, so I'm jealous. I just made a 10 min. avg over lunch (4 miles). Not gonna lie... I'm not happy about it. I'll never get back to where I was but an 8 or 9 would be amazing. I'll try to give it a couple months and see if I can whittle away at it a bit.

You’re young and should be no problem getting your mojo back. 10 min avg for 4 miles is outstanding. I would be happy with 12 min avg for 4 miles. Usually after a mile, I’m spent then walk n jog the rest of the way.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
You’re young and should be no problem getting your mojo back. 10 min avg for 4 miles is outstanding. I would be happy with 12 min avg for 4 miles. Usually after a mile, I’m spent then walk n jog the rest of the way.
Ha ha ha ... you said I'm young. Sure doesn't feel like it after a good 2 miles. Knee starts sassing back at me so I slow my pace, then I slowly move the speed back up because I'm tired of moving slower and at that point I really need to get it done so I can get cleaned up and back to work. I'm stupid-competitive with myself like that.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Ha ha ha ... you said I'm young. Sure doesn't feel like it after a good 2 miles. Knee starts sassing back at me so I slow my pace, then I slowly move the speed back up because I'm tired of moving slower and at that point I really need to get it done so I can get cleaned up and back to work. I'm stupid-competitive with myself like that.

I know it varies from person to person but for me when I hit 60, 8:15 seemed easier and I could continue jogging another 2 at a slower pace. Now I have to push for 8:15 then nada lol. I’m 66 now and the slow down hit around 64 for me. I’m probably in the 70 percentile for my age group. I’m ok with that.
With some more practice, you’ll get your groove back :thumbup:. 7 min avg will be a piece of cake.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I know it varies from person to person but for me when I hit 60, 8:15 seemed easier and I could continue jogging another 2 at a slower pace. Now I have to push for 8:15 then nada lol. I’m 66 now and the slow down hit around 64 for me. I’m probably in the 70 percentile for my age group. I’m ok with that.
With some more practice, you’ll get your groove back :thumbup:. 7 min avg will be a piece of cake.
7. That was then and a few pounds ago. We'll see what happens. It's winter and I'm trying to be in hibernation mode:D so that doesn't help...and don't say 'cake' lol.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Horrible news about Kobe, his daughter and other 7 ppl. RIP. I stopped keeping up with the NBA after Olajuwon retired but do enjoy watching the NBA finals. Have a great day everyone. :thumbup:
Wanted to share. I posted it in Kobe's thread.
3ne7lh.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Hello joggers and easy chair exercisers. I used to jog years ago but found that walking was kinder to my knees. I walk at about a 15 min per mile pace. I really shine in the easy chair though, doing arm lifts with big bottles of beer.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and fellow exercisers and while Leon measures his mile in a minute per mile pace, I use a month. I will be up to a mile by Friday but only because January has 31 days. Yes, I know what you're thinking 'but February only has 28 days' and you would be correct but this is a leap year. And I carried over from December so I have some wiggle room. I will treat the 29th of February as a once in every 4 years holiday and there will be only a minimal amount of exercise, not to be confused with my daily allotted minimal amount of exercise.

And speaking of leap year, and I was, why add a day to February? It's a crappy month already with ice, snow and Valentine's Day. I think they should add it to November and add a shopping day. Besides that, since I am an anarchist by heart, adding 1 day to a month with 30 would screw up that knuckle game people use to name the months with 31 days. Instead they would be asking anyone and everyone if this is a leap year because they can't remember the last one. It's not like you remember where you were, who you were with and what you were doing on Leap Day like when Kennedy was shot. That was November, which should be the Leap Month. I was in school but can't name all of the people I was with but I am sure that all wanted to be my friend on Facebook. As to what I was doing, I was either in trouble or contemplating what to do to get in trouble. I am good at both.

OK, wishing you a fine Tuesday and that's all I have to day about leap year......for now.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to any and all who have stopped in and visited today.

The Grandson just left so I'm going to do a little work here and then maybe go out and get something to eat.

How is everybody today? Was cold here yesterday but today, it's actually really nice. You just never know around here.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all enjoying a great day today!

Everybody, have a wonderful day!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Sleeping late and napping are bad habits? I've got some habits that make those look like Sunday School.
I've always suggested that we should incorporate a rollover system with napping.
As a child, zero naps. I may have pretended a time or two, but mostly I was outside being a wiseacre.
Think about it. All of those potential and refused naps could rollover.....Win - win.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Well, I was elected to the Board of Directors of the Port of Call Villas HOA. I had a weak moment and volunteered. My first meeting is with the parking committee this morning. After that I will go get more water. The water in our area is still not fit for drinking after the hurricane due to salt water saturation and It will not be restored island wide until May. It's fine for all other purposes including bathing, but in the meantime we must use bottled water for drinking and cooking.

Thankfully we were not affected by the 7.7 earthquake between Jamaica and Cuba. Fortunately there were no deaths last I heard.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and fellow exercisers and while Leon measures his mile in a minute per mile pace, I use a month. I will be up to a mile by Friday but only because January has 31 days. Yes, I know what you're thinking 'but February only has 28 days' and you would be correct but this is a leap year. And I carried over from December so I have some wiggle room. I will treat the 29th of February as a once in every 4 years holiday and there will be only a minimal amount of exercise, not to be confused with my daily allotted minimal amount of exercise.

And speaking of leap year, and I was, why add a day to February? It's a crappy month already with ice, snow and Valentine's Day. I think they should add it to November and add a shopping day. Besides that, since I am an anarchist by heart, adding 1 day to a month with 30 would screw up that knuckle game people use to name the months with 31 days. Instead they would be asking anyone and everyone if this is a leap year because they can't remember the last one. It's not like you remember where you were, who you were with and what you were doing on Leap Day like when Kennedy was shot. That was November, which should be the Leap Month. I was in school but can't name all of the people I was with but I am sure that all wanted to be my friend on Facebook. As to what I was doing, I was either in trouble or contemplating what to do to get in trouble. I am good at both.

OK, wishing you a fine Tuesday and that's all I have to day about leap year......for now.
My sister's birthday is leap year, so if they hadn't added that day, she never would have been born...and she'd be blocking the path for the rest of us!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Well, I was elected to the Board of Directors of the Port of Call Villas HOA. I had a weak moment and volunteered. My first meeting is with the parking committee this morning. After that I will go get more water. The water in our area is still not fit for drinking after the hurricane due to salt water saturation and It will not be restored island wide until May. It's fine for all other purposes including bathing, but in the meantime we must use bottled water for drinking and cooking.

Thankfully we were not affected by the 7.7 earthquake between Jamaica and Cuba. Fortunately there were no deaths last I heard.
Good to know. When someone comes a knocking on the door to complain about the noise, Metallica, yodeling and war chants, I will just inform them, firmly, that this place belongs to a man who sits on the board, and I ain't talking surfboard, so you can kiss his butt.

I thought about you when I read about that quake and glad to hear the tsunami warning was cancelled.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and any retirees left here with me to goof off. RGV is quitting retirement and Leon in thinking of lending his services to Lowe's just for the discount.

I am applying for the position of First Level Deterrent at Planned Parenthood. Young virgins come in and spend 5 minutes talking to me and the counselors close it out with "You could bring something like that into this world. Don't you care about your fellow human beings?" The job pays an hourly wage but I am going for commission as I think I could be better at that than almost anybody.

I know RGV and Leon miss Hump Day but I think going back to work is a little overreactive.

And speaking of Hump Day, and I was, I am wishing you a most glorious and fun filled Hump Day. I will be there with you in spirit. I don't know where my spirit goes when I nap but I'll ask it to peek in on you. It was already peeking in on the ladies.