Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3rh0al.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Not that it matters, but I'll give you all an update anyway.

My son, Mike...the one I recently mentioned is expecting the baby? Well, he and his girlfriend got married. In true-to-form-family-Facebook-drama (I don't do Facebook or any social media with the exception of this chat room) my daughter is now pissed at ME because I knew about the baby and didn't tell her when I found out. 3 people knew about the baby besides bio mom and dad (me and the momma's mom and gramma). Nobody was told because baby's mom was so sick with the flu when they found out she was pregnant. She was in the ER 6 times and the last time was hospitalized because her body was so depleted of, well... everything, the docs were afraid she'd lose the baby. Simply, my son and his now wife didn't want everyone to know only to have to then tell everyone she'd miscarried of that happened. Thankfully she and baby are ok. They chose to let everyone know via social media. This now becomes a personal affront to my daughter who apparently has a need to make this about her. Their wishes were that they would tell everyone in their own time and I respected that (just as I respected that Dustin didn't want me to tell the family of Dustin's plan to propose to her back in October when I knew about that). Not even my son's other two kids knew until the day everyone else found out. Sometimes as a mom (me) you just can't win so why fight it. She's going to be mad, so let her be mad. I'm not chasing her down. She'll get over it, or she won't. There's a whole other story I could get into wth additional drama, but why bother. I get so tired of it.

On the house front, appraisal will be done Friday and my income and employment verification was done yesterday. I should have my official loan commitment next week if not sooner. Next up probably just property inspections and updating information with the lender. Closing mid-April assuming all goes well.

Jacked up my knee so that should make moving interesting a few weeks. Guess that's all for now. There's always more but I got this much off my chest at least.

The year of positivity took a sour turn only 2 months in and having no outlet to express myself sends me into hiding, so like ole Phil in Punxsutawney I'm climbing back into my hole to stew for a while.

Hope you all have a great Thursday.

Good morning Pops and friends. Way to go Jan on being able to keep a secret. Congrats about the house, hope all goes as planned. Sorry to hear about your jacked up knee. I hope you have some help with the move.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My son, Mike...the one I recently mentioned is expecting the baby? Well, he and his girlfriend got married. In true-to-form-family-Facebook-drama (I don't do Facebook or any social media with the exception of this chat room) my daughter is now pissed at ME because I knew about the baby and didn't tell her when I found out. 3 people knew about the baby besides bio mom and dad (me and the momma's mom and gramma). Nobody was told because baby's mom was so sick with the flu when they found out she was pregnant. She was in the ER 6 times and the last time was hospitalized because her body was so depleted of, well... everything, the docs were afraid she'd lose the baby. Simply, my son and his now wife didn't want everyone to know only to have to then tell everyone she'd miscarried of that happened. Thankfully she and baby are ok. They chose to let everyone know via social media. This now becomes a personal affront to my daughter who apparently has a need to make this about her. Their wishes were that they would tell everyone in their own time and I respected that (just as I respected that Dustin didn't want me to tell the family of Dustin's plan to propose to her back in October when I knew about that). Not even my son's other two kids knew until the day everyone else found out. Sometimes as a mom (me) you just can't win so why fight it. She's going to be mad, so let her be mad. I'm not chasing her down. She'll get over it, or she won't. There's a whole other story I could get into wth additional drama, but why bother. I get so tired of it.

On the house front, appraisal will be done Friday and my income and employment verification was done yesterday. I should have my official loan commitment next week if not sooner. Next up probably just property inspections and updating information with the lender. Closing mid-April assuming all goes well.

Jacked up my knee so that should make moving interesting a few weeks. Guess that's all for now. There's always more but I got this much off my chest at least.

The year of positivity took a sour turn only 2 months in and having no outlet to express myself sends me into hiding, so like ole Phil in Punxsutawney I'm climbing back into my hole to stew for a while.

M'lady, just because we do the right thing doesn't mean some wrong will not come from it. I don't know about your relationship with your daughter but her anger at you could be fear showing itself in disguise.

I lived with a pregnant lady twice and they just ain't right sometimes. I asked her Mom what I'd done wrong and she answered me "exist. You exist and you are the one that got her in this condition and she needs to fix the blame. Doesn't help that once you find the buttons, you like to push them all". Then she said something that I've never forgotten and I think it applies here. She said "don't take everything personally when she's going through this adjustment. Just love her, support her and be there for her. That will make it a lot easier for her to return to her old self without a lot of other things to deal with like trying to fix things she's broken".

You daughter loves you even though she needs to make this about her but just consider that word "needs". You even mentioned that she has a need. You both have a need but you feel yours is not being met but by letting this go and not letting it marinate inside you, you can get your need met too. Sounds like you are feeling unappreciated and relationships with our adult kids can be frustrating but I don't think you mean "she will get over it, or she won't" as a factual statement. You need to get over it and past this for your own state of mind. Believe me, I speak from experience, unresolved turbulence within you can ruin your outlook.

Jan, you've got a lot going on in your life right now with work and buying a new home and family should be a respite from the pressures of that. Smooth out the waters when you're paddling. One thing that I made a self discovery on when I was contemplating the most serious decision one can make, the darkness waits. It never goes away, we have to chase it. It looks for any opportunity to sneak in and begin to cloud our thoughts and shape our feelings. It's like that devil on our shoulder, it wants us to be angry and upset because it feeds on negative energy.

Chase that sob away with visions of you all settled in your new home, it's a house now, but will soon be a home. See yourself enjoying that bar, and your ole buddy CC working his magic with a cocktail shaker. See your home all decorated for the holidays and your first Christmas in your home. YOUR home! Where is the tree going to go? What's that two trees? A smaller one in the kitchen? Great idea. You can enjoy that with your daughter and that new grandbaby while preparing the Christmas dinner. A family home filled with family love.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
M'lady, just because we do the right thing doesn't mean some wrong will not come from it. I don't know about your relationship with your daughter but her anger at you could be fear showing itself in disguise.

I lived with a pregnant lady twice and they just ain't right sometimes. I asked her Mom what I'd done wrong and she answered me "exist. You exist and you are the one that got her in this condition and she needs to fix the blame. Doesn't help that once you find the buttons, you like to push them all". Then she said something that I've never forgotten and I think it applies here. She said "don't take everything personally when she's going through this adjustment. Just love her, support her and be there for her. That will make it a lot easier for her to return to her old self without a lot of other things to deal with like trying to fix things she's broken".

You daughter loves you even though she needs to make this about her but just consider that word "needs". You even mentioned that she has a need. You both have a need but you feel yours is not being met but by letting this go and not letting it marinate inside you, you can get your need met too. Sounds like you are feeling unappreciated and relationships with our adult kids can be frustrating but I don't think you mean "she will get over it, or she won't" as a factual statement. You need to get over it and past this for your own state of mind. Believe me, I speak from experience, unresolved turbulence within you can ruin your outlook.

Jan, you've got a lot going on in your life right now with work and buying a new home and family should be a respite from the pressures of that. Smooth out the waters when you're paddling. One thing that I made a self discovery on when I was contemplating the most serious decision one can make, the darkness waits. It never goes away, we have to chase it. It looks for any opportunity to sneak in and begin to cloud our thoughts and shape our feelings. It's like that devil on our shoulder, it wants us to be angry and upset because it feeds on negative energy.

Chase that sob away with visions of you all settled in your new home, it's a house now, but will soon be a home. See yourself enjoying that bar, and your ole buddy CC working his magic with a cocktail shaker. See your home all decorated for the holidays and your first Christmas in your home. YOUR home! Where is the tree going to go? What's that two trees? A smaller one in the kitchen? Great idea. You can enjoy that with your daughter and that new grandbaby while preparing the Christmas dinner. A family home filled with family love.
Her mood and attitude would be understandable if she were the pregnant one. I lived that twice myself (having had two kids), but she's just got her knickers in a twist because I didn't tell her that her brother and then soon-to-be sister-in-law were expecting. Whatever is going on I think her irritation is more with her brother than me because she feels disconnected from him and they used to be close, but I'm the convenient to throw grenades at. She doesn't get that it's not about her, or maybe she's just pining for another kid herself. I don't know, but yeah, she'll get over it. My life is full right now and I need to keep plodding forward. I can't let someone else's selfishness pull me off my path.

How are you with a Long Island...?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow online mattress shoppers. Didn't know how to bring that up so I thought I'd just throw it our there to see if I get a bite.

I need a new mattress and several of my family members have bought them online and are quite pleased with them. I ask them how the sex was on them in an email and haven't heard back. Might have accidentally gone into the Idiot Folder. I've heard all of my family has one.

Now, it helps if you can identify what kind of a sleeper you are, back, side or tumtum. I might wake up in one position but don't know how many I was in before I awakened from my many dreams brought on by the meds I am on. I chatted with a nice lady on Saatva this morning and asked if she could come stay with me for a couple of weeks and determine what kind of sleeper I am, besides naughty. Waiting to hear back from her as well as we lost the connection. I tried to connect back to Lia but they said she'd gone on vacation. Weird to start a vacation while at work, must be a skier.

Anyway, I will be all about mattresses for the time being as I am compulsive trying not to be impulsive. I like this one because it's a real mattress and not one of those that arrives in a shoe box and you open it and whammo.....mattress. I do like the clowns in the car at the circus so this might be entertaining but I think I want a real mattress that can't be deflated into a shoe box.

And this is no light matter to consider as we spend so much time in our beds. The people that rate mattresses have a Sex heading that I thought was really cool and the one I am considering rated Very Good. Emailed them and asked "what does she look like and do I get a hotter one with the more expensive mattress". Haven't heard back from them yet either. I am beginning to think I am being purposefully ignored for no good reason. I will email them later and let them know I need to know here weight to decide on the Premier Plush or the Firm. Actually need to make sure it's not a really skinny chick and I end up with Psycho mattress. Norman Bates Mom? Side sleeper.

OK, my nonsense work is done here for now and I wish you a tolerable Thirsty Thursday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Her mood and attitude would be understandable if she were the pregnant one. I lived that twice myself (having had two kids), but she's just got her knickers in a twist because I didn't tell her that her brother and then soon-to-be sister-in-law were expecting. Whatever is going on I think her irritation is more with her brother than me because she feels disconnected from him and they used to be close, but I'm the convenient to throw grenades at. She doesn't get that it's not about her, or maybe she's just pining for another kid herself. I don't know, but yeah, she'll get over it. My life is full right now and I need to keep plodding forward. I can't let someone else's selfishness pull me off my path.

How are you with a Long Island...?
Ohhh, I misunderstood so it's just the female hormone thingy without the preggy part.

You get enough people in a family and it's guaranteed to be dysfunctional at times. My wife had a NIA friend that was a Family Therapist and she was over one time and we got into this conversation, as everyone will eventually with her trying to get some free counseling. She said it has been a frustrating specialty for her because of the unhappy people she deals with that don't have to be. Far worse than individual therapy which involves forgiving one's self.

I've never made a Long Island as I really don't drink for effect.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Once you get the house officially, don't tell your daughter until after everyone else knows. Then when she eventually comes to visit, tell her she'll have to stay at a motel, because you turned the spare room into a nursery.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Once you get the house officially, don't tell your daughter until after everyone else knows. Then when she eventually comes to visit, tell her she'll have to stay at a motel, because you turned the spare room into a nursery.
You sir, are a stinker! I love that idea lol, but I will not stoop to her level ... although I will send her a new address notification card:D (I already ordered them so this deal has to go through). Honestly, I wouldn't want contact with my grands cut off, otherwise...:rolleyes:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends. I've had a rough week in the sleep department but got caught up last night, this morning and part of the afternoon. I am impressed with myself.

Jan, a very smart person once said all problems are related... or was that relative? Oh well, six of one or two dozen of the other. Don't carry your daughter's attitude with you. Live your life and look forward to your home. If emotions rear their ugly heads, dig in deeper into mentally decorating your new home or go shoe shopping. Pick out which two trees you want for the yard.

Dabzes, you nailed Thursday on the head.

Coach, you're baiting me. If it was not for shopping, I would not be shopping today. A mattress is one of those purchases that you need to be certain of or you will regret it until you buy the next one. I've seen footage of those compressed mattresses being run through a huge, impressive machine to get them compacted for mailing. It's like "the more you know" commercial they used to play on Saturday mornings. I miss cartoons.
We all stand in the shadow of your genius! :bow:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Happy Friday! My MIL is 89 years old today and we will invite some neighbors over tomorrow for some grilled brats and burgers. We've had some tile work done over the last two days to replace some broken tiles in front of the sliders leading out to the balcony and the sea. The existing grey and white tile couldn't be matched so we decided to create a virtual foyer in front of the sliders. We decided on rounded pebble tile with grey, white, black and light sea green pebbles. It looks fabulous. The grout looks just like the sand on the beach. Take care, my friends.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Good Friday morning to all you weekend warriors. It is finally starting to feel like pre-spring around here. Beautiful weather and, you know what follows? Bears. The cats are on hyper active alert :)

Well, our offer to purchase the land in Montana was accepted and we are now in contract. Although, my wife has repeatedly stated that she is in no hurry to build, I have caught her starring dreamily at architectural plans - kinda like she used to stare at me. It is only a matter of time before we start looking for a contractor.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends.

I can almost picture it now, Leon. We all approve of upgrades to our beach house. Keep the MIL from swinging on the chandeliers, please. They're imported.

Congrats on your new retirement property, Colo. Make sure to add an updated guest house for when we come visit. We'll be needing wifi, a modern kitchen complete with cook, hot tub and a high faluttin' toilet that cleans up after us.

So much to do and so little time to appreciate it. Have a good Friday all!

Forget everything I said, do this!
Exactly.

kskboys

Reaction score
Awesome stuff!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I tend to ignore drama queens, but this is still awesome!!!