FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Evening Pops and everyone.

Got my home loan approval today so assuming I can survive this goofy homeownership course (4.5 hrs in and not halfway done yet:mad:)... with tests, and whatever onslaught of paperwork they'll keep throwing at me, hopefully I will close in about 4-5 weeks. When did all this nonsense happen with tests, etc...? Tests make me nervous. I don't like being judged. Is it because they consider me a first time homebuyer since I've rented for the past 10 years? Unfreakingreal. I'll get back to it on Saturday.
Home ownership test??? I've never heard of that either. You don't need to pass a test to have kids, but you need to pass one to give them a lawn to play in?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Home ownership test??? I've never heard of that either. You don't need to pass a test to have kids, but you need to pass one to give them a lawn to play in?

My point-and-clicker is tired and sore. Just finished. Missed only one and scored 98% so they can suck on that.

I'm sure this testing has something to do with the minimal amount I have to put down (since I'm only coming off cancer debt and paying off my guys and my debt from his passing -serious sarcasm inflected). I thought I'd done pretty damned good wth the odds stacked against me like they have been. I'm over this whole process. Can we please close now?

Speaking of Elisha... later this month marks the 4-year anniversary off his passing. Still miss him terribly and it still hurts but I know he'd so proud of me for taking this on solo.

Now, I need a nap.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My point-and-clicker is tired and sore. Just finished. Missed only one and scored 98% so they can suck on that.

I'm sure this testing has something to do with the minimal amount I have to put down (since I'm only coming off cancer debt and paying off my guys and my debt from his passing -serious sarcasm inflected). I thought I'd done pretty damned good wth the odds stacked against me like they have been. I'm over this whole process. Can we please close now?

Speaking of Elisha... later this month marks the 4-year anniversary off his passing. Still miss him terribly and it still hurts but I know he'd so proud of me for taking this on solo.

Now, I need a nap.
The saying is "what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger" but I would add "when we lose someone, we find out more about ourselves". Been 9 years for me and there were times that I did not think I had it in me to go on but I surprised myself just as you have. I wasn't prepared to be tested with losing so many so close together but life is a contest. If we don't beat it, it will drag us down. I overcame the rough water with defiance not dependence.

I am going to celebrate the day you close so give me some warning. Damned special this thread is to be able to be along with you for this. You and X girl with your other tests that you've passed have meant more to me than you can ever know. People that beat that monster are dear to me and it wasn't always like that. That's something I found out about myself and I like me better for it.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
The saying is "what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger" but I would add "when we lose someone, we find out more about ourselves". Been 9 years for me and there were times that I did not think I had it in me to go on but I surprised myself just as you have. I wasn't prepared to be tested with losing so many so close together but life is a contest. If we don't beat it, it will drag us down. I overcame the rough water with defiance not dependence.

I am going to celebrate the day you close so give me some warning. Damned special this thread is to be able to be along with you for this. You and X girl with your other tests that you've passed have meant more to me than you can ever know. People that beat that monster are dear to me and it wasn't always like that. That's something I found out about myself and I like me better for it.
Awww thank you! :) Now I feel kinda special. Sometimes I forget not to take it for granted. Most the family just expects I'll be here and have forgotten about the struggle, and I forget too sometimes (mostly when I just want to be without any label for a little while). Thank you for the reminder that's it's a big deal. I needed that.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3rsx6u.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends! Happy Sunday....................Sunday, right?.................Yeah, that's what I thought.

Tomorrow's Monday..................................................................Crap, there goes the "Happy" part of "Happy Sunday!"

Xelda

Reaction score

I was in no way, shape or form cognitive earlier. Thank you O'Coach for the kind mention and encouraging thought yesterday. I'll try to ace some tests in honor of you.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Boys and Girls. My wife and her mom are going home today. Mom has medical appointments she shouldn't miss. I will be staying here in the condo for the rest of the month. Hopefully good luck follows you around today and intervenes on your behalf.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decides to stop in today.

Well, back from travel and good to be home.

Went out to eat some pizza and a beer on Sat. and left my damn phone at the Pizza joint. Called back when I got home, which was probably 30 minutes later and no phone turned in so off I go Sunday to buy a new phone. Thousand bucks later......

I tell ya, this is crazy the way they are charging for these phones.

How is everybody doing today? Lots to do today but I'm glad to have the work to do so yes, I'm looking forward to it.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you all had a great week last week. Here's to another this week!

Everybody, have a great, great day!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decides to stop in today.

Well, back from travel and good to be home.

Went out to eat some pizza and a beer on Sat. and left my damn phone at the Pizza joint. Called back when I got home, which was probably 30 minutes later and no phone turned in so off I go Sunday to buy a new phone. Thousand bucks later......

I tell ya, this is crazy the way they are charging for these phones.

How is everybody doing today? Lots to do today but I'm glad to have the work to do so yes, I'm looking forward to it.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you all had a great week last week. Here's to another this week!

Everybody, have a great, great day!
ABQ, I hope the scumbag that has your phone and can unlock it and start getting the robocalls I get out of the Dallas area. I've thought about changing my number since I do not live in the area any longer but what a hassle.

I sprung for a iPhone 11 Max and don't like it. It seems every phone I've bought is supposed to be better but isn't. I await the rotary smartphone.

John813

Reaction score
Morning Pops ,

Long time no talk in here. My second son entered this world this am. Came a week early.

9-9oz 22in. Knock on wood healthy as can be. Mama healing from csection.

Going to be fun adjusting to 2 kids now.

Hope y'all have a good week

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ABQ, I hope the scumbag that has your phone and can unlock it and start getting the robocalls I get out of the Dallas area. I've thought about changing my number since I do not live in the area any longer but what a hassle.

I sprung for a iPhone 11 Max and don't like it. It seems every phone I've bought is supposed to be better but isn't. I await the rotary smartphone.

Yep, best phone I ever had was the old Motorola Flip Phone. But they don't work with the modern apps anymore so you kinda get screwed. Sucks but it's true, that was the best phone. LOL....