FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and all y'all. Thanks for the wishes, thought the worst of Feb was behind me and got blindsided. I am on the road to recovery to just being crazy without being insane.

I didn't know that about whale poo sinking, they need more fiber, maybe a dump truck of Grape Nuts for breakfast? I can also add another reason for staying out of the ocean, I already didn't want to be future fish poo but stepping in it icks me out. You imagine the size of a whale patty?

And speaking of Grape Nuts, and I was, I don't know why they named it that. My wife not only liked them but saved them for mornings when she was pissed at me. Ya see, people making eating sounds drive me up the wall and across the ceiling. I don't like commercials like Twix or Pringles when they crunch on purpose and Grape Nuts, when they're first in the bowl, have their own special sounds like a Gatling Gun of aggravation for poor ole CC. And when poor ole CC had been bad annoying CC, his wife made plans. I accused her one time of turning off the AC just to have dead silence and she just looked at me and kept crunching and no one can chew that slow. But she did keep it entertaining. I told her that she might be the reason I was pissing her off, I couldn't wait to see the next thing she was cooking up.

If I had an early Monday flight, I would have my suitcase packed in my closet and one night I'd pissed her off and while I was sleeping, she snuck into my closet, opened my suitcase and took all of my nicely and neatly placed socks, mismatched them and tied them in knots and I mean lots o knots, took my boxers out and replaced them with her panties and took my stuff out of my shaving kit and put her makeup in there. When I opened that suitcase and saw her handiwork, I fell out. Luckily it was early in the day and I had time to get stuff for my shave kit and some boxers. Tell ya the truth, I was much more relaxed sleeping in that hotel room than at home after that.
So, would you rather step in whale crap, or swim through it? I prefer it sinks.

I've always wondered why they call that stuff Grape Nuts too. Decided to try it once, and if I'd been old enough to drive, I would have tracked down Yule Gibbons and punched him in the mouth. Not only was it awful tasting, but it felt like my stomach had about half a cup of sand in it.

As for eating sounds, my brother was the worst. He'd sit there eating cereal with his mouth open, making a sort of humming/growling/slurping sound. I don't really know how to describe it, but it was disgusting.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Been awake since 2 a.m. Woke up all fidgity and restless, but I lay there dozing and waking, rinse and repeat for a couple of hours before giving up and rousting myself out of bed. I'm about to take my 2nd cup of coffee out on the balcony and listen to the waves while waiting for the sun to come up. My early morning solitude is one of my greatest pleasures.

Good luck on your run to Long Island, Runny. Coach, I hope you are in a better state of mind today. Take care everyone and have a happy day.
OIP.U67-nxuYRCaQZe6w7afs5QHaHl

Tell us about beach life again then you can take a nap.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone. We survived Monday! Now to deal with Tuesday.

Morning Pops and all y'all. Thanks for the wishes, thought the worst of Feb was behind me and got blindsided. I am on the road to recovery to just being crazy without being insane.

I didn't know that about whale poo sinking, they need more fiber, maybe a dump truck of Grape Nuts for breakfast? I can also add another reason for staying out of the ocean, I already didn't want to be future fish poo but stepping in it icks me out. You imagine the size of a whale patty?

And speaking of Grape Nuts, and I was, I don't know why they named it that. My wife not only liked them but saved them for mornings when she was pissed at me. Ya see, people making eating sounds drive me up the wall and across the ceiling. I don't like commercials like Twix or Pringles when they crunch on purpose and Grape Nuts, when they're first in the bowl, have their own special sounds like a Gatling Gun of aggravation for poor ole CC. And when poor ole CC had been bad annoying CC, his wife made plans. I accused her one time of turning off the AC just to have dead silence and she just looked at me and kept crunching and no one can chew that slow. But she did keep it entertaining. I told her that she might be the reason I was pissing her off, I couldn't wait to see the next thing she was cooking up.

If I had an early Monday flight, I would have my suitcase packed in my closet and one night I'd pissed her off and while I was sleeping, she snuck into my closet, opened my suitcase and took all of my nicely and neatly placed socks, mismatched them and tied them in knots and I mean lots o knots, took my boxers out and replaced them with her panties and took my stuff out of my shaving kit and put her makeup in there. When I opened that suitcase and saw her handiwork, I fell out. Luckily it was early in the day and I had time to get stuff for my shave kit and some boxers. Tell ya the truth, I was much more relaxed sleeping in that hotel room than at home after that.
Don't lie to us, O'Coach! We know you left the panties and grabbed extra socks.
OGC.bb05fb51c0f1031a080d15a6bfb4898d

Rock those panties, Coach!

On the matter of crunching and other foul sounds emanating from anyone's mouth, it drives me nuts. My brother has hollow sockets somewhere in his head that acts as a sort of boom box to amplify the death moans and groans of what he's eating. I brought him some different flavored chips from Sam's. He threw the bag open and plowed into them. I yelled "Take it to your office!" partly to block my abused ears and the rest to get that noise away from me. It's awful! I've used my expansive knowledge of annoying commercials to pounce on the remote when an offending sound is coming through my TV. Freaking Trelogy, Chevy, Reese's and food chomping commercials shall not pass through my speakers. Yep, I'm wound tight.

edit: I forgot to add that Coach wasn't the only comedian in his house. Smiley had quite the sense of humor, herself.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, would you rather step in whale crap, or swim through it? I prefer it sinks.

I've always wondered why they call that stuff Grape Nuts too. Decided to try it once, and if I'd been old enough to drive, I would have tracked down Yule Gibbons and punched him in the mouth. Not only was it awful tasting, but it felt like my stomach had about half a cup of sand in it.

As for eating sounds, my brother was the worst. He'd sit there eating cereal with his mouth open, making a sort of humming/growling/slurping sound. I don't really know how to describe it, but it was disgusting.
Neither, did you miss the part about me not serving myself up as future fish poo? I made a deal with the denizens of the deep, I won't come into their home and they stay the hell out of mine. First hungry giant squid that shows up here, the deal is off!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends.

Once again into the breach.... Manhattan. Only one stop today, but it's a truckload of mouldings that have to be hand unloaded, which sucks. But they gave me a helper, which is awesome. They told me not to do anything that might hurt my back more, but just driving in this city makes that impossible.

Oh well, hopefully I don't get too twisted and jostled on the way back out.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all Y'all. I slept much better last night and I'm feeling good. Grocery shopping is on the agenda today along with a couple of other errands.

Xelda, I'm spending a lot of time on the beach and wading in the water. I have amassed a sizeable sea shell collection. My niece and I beach combed every day while she was here and she had a knack for finding them. Runny and Jan, the ocean here would be a great place to take your walks. The water is cool but not cold and the waves are usually very gentle. When I wade in knee deep or even mid-shin deep the resistance of the water makes a quarter mile walk feel more like 5 or 6 miles.

I love how I can be walking in sunshine and see black clouds and rain falling a few miles out to see. One of my absolute favorite experiences is when I'm walking and a fine mist starts to fall. The mist and the breeze cools the skin but doesn't even feel wet. I close my eyes to maximize the sensory and sensual feelings as i listen to the ocean sounds and raise my arms high and wide to welcome, what I consider a blessing.

I spend hours every day sitting or reclining on my second and third floor balconies just taking it all in. I watch various ships, cruise ships, tankers and container cargo ships as they pass each other on their way in and out of the harbor just to the west of us. I see myself on some of the fishing boats and pleasure craft that occasionally pass by and my Walter Mitty persona takes command of my imagination and sends me on fantastic adventures. I sit on the rocks out at the end of the jetty where I'm almost surrounded by the water and just contemplate life or talk or sing to myself depending on my mood. Yes, I talk to myself frequently. That and day dreaming are a part of who I am. It doesn't embarrass me.

The water takes on different shades of blues, turquoise, or greens depending on the atmosphere and the sun's brightness and location in the sky. The ocean seems like it's ever changing with the tides, direction of the winds, clouds and the sun's movement. I never get bored with it.

I'm not eloquent enough to describe the feeling of being here. I can describe the surroundings and paint a picture of the sea gulls, etc, but the inner sense of fulfillment, inspiration, peace and wonder is beyond my capacity. You just have to experience it to know it. This place has captured my heart. I'm an old man that will turn 75 on the 14th of this month. An old man with failing eyesight and hearing. Yet I'm 25 again when strolling the beach and doing my stretches and exercises. On Sunday I did 50 pushups on the sand. I haven't been able to do that for 20 years. This place is me and I am this place.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all Y'all. I slept much better last night and I'm feeling good. Grocery shopping is on the agenda today along with a couple of other errands.

Xelda, I'm spending a lot of time on the beach and wading in the water. I have amassed a sizeable sea shell collection. My niece and I beach combed every day while she was here and she had a knack for finding them. Runny and Jan, the ocean here would be a great place to take your walks. The water is cool but not cold and the waves are usually very gentle. When I wade in knee deep or even mid-shin deep the resistance of the water makes a quarter mile walk feel more like 5 or 6 miles.

I love how I can be walking in sunshine and see black clouds and rain falling a few miles out to see. One of my absolute favorite experiences is when I'm walking and a fine mist starts to fall. The mist and the breeze cools the skin but doesn't even feel wet. I close my eyes to maximize the sensory and sensual feelings as i listen to the ocean sounds and raise my arms high and wide to welcome, what I consider a blessing.

I spend hours every day sitting or reclining on my second and third floor balconies just taking it all in. I watch various ships, cruise ships, tankers and container cargo ships as they pass each other on their way in and out of the harbor just to the west of us. I see myself on some of the fishing boats and pleasure craft that occasionally pass by and my Walter Mitty persona takes command of my imagination and sends me on fantastic adventures. I sit on the rocks out at the end of the jetty where I'm almost surrounded by the water and just contemplate life or talk or sing to myself depending on my mood. Yes, I talk to myself frequently. That and day dreaming are a part of who I am. It doesn't embarrass me.

The water takes on different shades of blues, turquoise, or greens depending on the atmosphere and the sun's brightness and location in the sky. The ocean seems like it's ever changing with the tides, direction of the winds, clouds and the sun's movement. I never get bored with it.

I'm not eloquent enough to describe the feeling of being here. I can describe the surroundings and paint a picture of the sea gulls, etc, but the inner sense of fulfillment, inspiration, peace and wonder is beyond my capacity. You just have to experience it to know it. This place has captured my heart. I'm an old man that will turn 75 on the 14th of this month. An old man with failing eyesight and hearing. Yet I'm 25 again when strolling the beach and doing my stretches and exercises. On Sunday I did 50 pushups on the sand. I haven't been able to do that for 20 years. This place is me and I am this place.
Sounds like total peace and heaven...

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Wow!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Beautiful..thanks for sharing Leon

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Kudos on the pushups! Jan is the Walker. I ride a bike at the gym. Walking and standing hurt my back...always have, since I was in my twenties...but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it where you are!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I dunno Leon, pretty eloquently written.

I talk to myself all the time, the dogs think I am talking to them but not when I ask a question, I got tired of waiting for an answer from them, we'd all fall asleep and then I'd forget what I asked them.

Those 50 pushups, all at the same time? One thing I thought came with aging.....lying about exercise. I can do 50 pushups as long as the month can overlap.

Seriously, I know that struggle with your eyesight as my Mom had that and you deserve to be in a place with an abundance of sensory stimuli. Soooo, have fun at the grocery store!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and those that got to take a little break at the beach with Leon this morning. I am not a saltwater or sand guy but I do get what he so well described and watching the ocean can be so nourishing for the soul. I even liked the storms we got in Galveston and Oregon and when they happened during the day and the sun broke back through, it was as if the world had been given a fresh shower and you know how you feel right after that shower.

The coronavirus is starting to take it's toll on SXSW with tech sponsors pulling out. Twitter was actually born at this event and they've pulled out.

I try not to overreact to something of this nature but I am not sure I trust the people in charge of this to keep people safe. When it comes to money vs health, I've seen the wrong side of that too many times.

I've asked my sons to bypass it this year because being around thousands of different people at each event is asking for it. Being around that many people yelling and spewing droplets into the air is not worth it.

I also wonder about the convention I used to attend, the National Association of Broadcasters in Vegas next month. It is the 2nd largest convention in this country and has attendees from every country, especially Asian countries.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. This has been a beautiful visit thanks to all of you. Leon with his description took me on a vacation. I took a brief ride in a jumping and jiving truck up north. I got to avoid large gatherings of people which I recommend for all right now. One visit isn't worth the risk. Then the ultimate visual of monkeys versus man. They probably wanted to have a poop throwing contest with him. The little sports even sat and waited for his lead. Can't you hear their conversation?

Larry: Hey Harry, I'll bet I can throw poop farther than he can.
Harry: I don't know, Larry. He looks like he's got a lot of ammunition.
Larry: Yep, I can take him.
Harry: Ok, I'll bet you all the bananas on this side of the island that you can't.
Larry: It's on! Help me prepare him for the Poopalympics.

See what happens when I get insufficient amounts of sleep? Have a good day anyway.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not sure what to make of another move, Colo. Have you discussed it with the back up cats? What would you change in your next home? I've been rebuilding my home as I try to slip off to sleep. I won't have a budget because in the playground of my mind, I just won the lottery.
We've had the conversation with the backup cats and they are on board with the potential move. Now, we haven't discussed the matter with the older and grumpier main cat. She doesn't react well to change and will probably shun us if we do make the move.

We built our retirement home thinking it would be our last home and, as a consequence, we probably over-built and over did the design. After living in it for about 3 years, we find we could probably reduce the size and still be quite happy. For example, I have a greatly oversized four car garage and we have 2 vehicles.

In all seriousness, the real driver for the move (if we make it) is that society (and by that I mean, urban expansion) is creeping into our neck of the woods. When we acquired the land to build our current home, we were somewhat surrounded by ranch properties on two sides of us. Unfortunately, these properties are being re-zoned as residential areas and, ultimately, will be sub-divided into 5 acre plots. So, our quiet pine and spruce forest will become a noisy construction site.

I know it probably sounds like we are anti-social (maybe we are to some degree), but at this point in our lives, we don't want the hassle associated with suburban sprawl.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've had the conversation with the backup cats and they are on board with the potential move. Now, we haven't discussed the matter with the older and grumpier main cat. She doesn't react well to change and will probably shun us if we do make the move.

We built our retirement home thinking it would be our last home and, as a consequence, we probably over-built and over did the design. After living in it for about 3 years, we find we could probably reduce the size and still be quite happy. For example, I have a greatly oversized four car garage and we have 2 vehicles.

In all seriousness, the real driver for the move (if we make it) is that society (and by that I mean, urban expansion) is creeping into our neck of the woods. When we acquired the land to build our current home, we were somewhat surrounded by ranch properties on two sides of us. Unfortunately, these properties are being re-zoned as residential areas and, ultimately, will be sub-divided into 5 acre plots. So, our quiet pine and spruce forest will become a noisy construction site.

I know it probably sounds like we are anti-social (maybe we are to some degree), but at this point in our lives, we don't want the hassle associated with suburban sprawl.
I know what you mean, I hear hammering and sawing, I almost start to feel guilty for sipping my cocktail and smoking my cigar while others toil in my stead like the 7 dwarves. Almost.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Not that it matters, but I'll give you all an update anyway.

My son, Mike...the one I recently mentioned is expecting the baby? Well, he and his girlfriend got married. In true-to-form-family-Facebook-drama (I don't do Facebook or any social media with the exception of this chat room) my daughter is now pissed at ME because I knew about the baby and didn't tell her when I found out. 3 people knew about the baby besides bio mom and dad (me and the momma's mom and gramma). Nobody was told because baby's mom was so sick with the flu when they found out she was pregnant. She was in the ER 6 times and the last time was hospitalized because her body was so depleted of, well... everything, the docs were afraid she'd lose the baby. Simply, my son and his now wife didn't want everyone to know only to have to then tell everyone she'd miscarried of that happened. Thankfully she and baby are ok. They chose to let everyone know via social media. This now becomes a personal affront to my daughter who apparently has a need to make this about her. Their wishes were that they would tell everyone in their own time and I respected that (just as I respected that Dustin didn't want me to tell the family of Dustin's plan to propose to her back in October when I knew about that). Not even my son's other two kids knew until the day everyone else found out. Sometimes as a mom (me) you just can't win so why fight it. She's going to be mad, so let her be mad. I'm not chasing her down. She'll get over it, or she won't. There's a whole other story I could get into wth additional drama, but why bother. I get so tired of it.

On the house front, appraisal will be done Friday and my income and employment verification was done yesterday. I should have my official loan commitment next week if not sooner. Next up probably just property inspections and updating information with the lender. Closing mid-April assuming all goes well.

Jacked up my knee so that should make moving interesting a few weeks. Guess that's all for now. There's always more but I got this much off my chest at least.

The year of positivity took a sour turn only 2 months in and having no outlet to express myself sends me into hiding, so like ole Phil in Punxsutawney I'm climbing back into my hole to stew for a while.

Hope you all have a great Thursday.