FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could be. My father's mother was from Texas, so he's spent a lot of time there. And as you know, I just found out about a half sister in Pennsylvania. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out about a few more.
She would he a full sister is she lived in CT. Evidently Texas wasn't the only place he spent a lot of time.

One of my closest friends found out he had a 20 year old daughter from when he lived in HOU. Unfortunately, he'd been married 22 years to the woman he was married to in HOU.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
She would he a full sister is she lived in CT. Evidently Texas wasn't the only place he spent a lot of time.

One of my closest friends found out he had a 20 year old daughter from when he lived in HOU. Unfortunately, he'd been married 22 years to the woman he was married to in HOU.

Good afternoon Pops and friends.

Ouch...CC, I bet your friend he had some splaining to do....

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Got my home loan approval today so assuming I can survive this goofy homeownership course (4.5 hrs in and not halfway done yet:mad:)... with tests, and whatever onslaught of paperwork they'll keep throwing at me, hopefully I will close in about 4-5 weeks. When did all this nonsense happen with tests, etc...? Tests make me nervous. I don't like being judged. Is it because they consider me a first time homebuyer since I've rented for the past 10 years? Unfreakingreal. I'll get back to it on Saturday.

Xelda

Reaction score
Well heck! Just got back from the grocery store and when standing in line I glanced over to the magazine rack. This world is doomed according to the headlines. Wished I hadn’t looked now :confused:
Oh shoot, RGV! We've been doomed for years now. Don't let it get to you. We've got a new head coach and we are going to the Super Bowl!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3rpla5.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all of you. I forgot to mention yesterday that it was on that date in history that the Alamo was overtaken. I forgot to Remember the Alamo! I've got lots to do to prepare for Mom's birthday celebration today, so I better not tarry. Have a good one.

Got my home loan approval today so assuming I can survive this goofy homeownership course (4.5 hrs in and not halfway done yet:mad:)... with tests, and whatever onslaught of paperwork they'll keep throwing at me, hopefully I will close in about 4-5 weeks. When did all this nonsense happen with tests, etc...? Tests make me nervous. I don't like being judged. Is it because they consider me a first time homebuyer since I've rented for the past 10 years? Unfreakingreal. I'll get back to it on Saturday.
I have never heard of such a thing! Anyway, congrats on the loan approval.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Oh shoot, RGV! We've been doomed for years now. Don't let it get to you. We've got a new head coach and we are going to the Super Bowl!

Good morning Pops and friends. Thanks X! I feel lots better ;)

Well, I’ve completed 4 weeks on the job and still really like it. My 26 year old lady boss likes the improvement she is seeing. My SAP inventory experience is coming back to me. Rewiring my brain is a pain.
I hear ya Jan about taking tests. I had to sit through a 5 hour course about plant safety where the instructor read right out of the manual then had to take a 50 question test. Passed it with a 90. Yeah was definitely nervous.
Today is Saturday and already been up a couple hours. After bfast I need to do some work on the rent house. Nothing major. Just putting up some baseboards, hanging 3 by-fold doors and 6 mini blinds. Also have to change the storm door. Some guy quoted me $2,000 to do that for me. I said nah thanks, I got this lol. Have a great weekend everyone.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all of you. I forgot to mention yesterday that it was on that date in history that the Alamo was overtaken. I forgot to Remember the Alamo! I've got lots to do to prepare for Mom's birthday celebration today, so I better not tarry. Have a good one.

I have never heard of such a thing! Anyway, congrats on the loan approval.
Thank you. Have a good time with the party!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I have never heard of a homeowner test. You get the loan, you get the house.

If they'd had a test including DIY requirements when I bought homes, I would have lived in a RV.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I have never heard of a homeowner test. You get the loan, you get the house.

If they'd had a test including DIY requirements when I bought homes, I would have lived in a RV.
I think it's because I'm considered a first time home buyer since it's been so long since I owned or purchased a home and the lending guidelines have changed so much. It's a real pain for sure, but if it helps me to come up with less at the closing table I suppose it's worth it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's because I'm considered a first time home buyer since it's been so long since I owned or purchased a home and the lending guidelines have changed so much. It's a real pain for sure, but if it helps me to come up with less at the closing table I suppose it's worth it.
Oh, didn't realize there was a reward for it. Every dollar saved for the closing is one you get to use turning your new house into your home. Just the fact you have a bar in your new house necessitates less cash at the closing.

Jan, it's time you are investing with a sure reward, I would welcome the opportunity to save money at the closing.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Oh, didn't realize there was a reward for it. Every dollar saved for the closing is one you get to use turning your new house into your home. Just the fact you have a bar in your new house necessitates less cash at the closing.

Jan, it's time you are investing with a sure reward, I would welcome the opportunity to save money at the closing.
I'm trying to remind myself this will be over soon lol

Xelda

Reaction score
Glorious Saturday morning Pops and friends! I'm going to do all manner of planning this day and maybe get one thing accomplished. It's a wonderful day to discriminate, not too hot or too cold.

Congratulations, on your home Jan. Remember the song "Accentuate the positive, ignore the negative".

Perfect greeting from that sweet, unusually well trained puppy, Dabz.

Glad to help, RGV. :)

Mister ksk, good to see you, you old rascal! Ease up on the banjos a little, ok?

:starspin: Happy Saturday everyone!!!!!! :starspin: