FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I don't like this at all. Living alone makes you feel even more alone because you can't even get out in what used to be the hustle and bustle of the weekend. I'm going to try to video call some special people today (grandkids). I need a shower first lol. All this lack of rush to get things done has made me extremely lazy:).
I have made it a point to stick to my routine but the lack of action where I live has thrown me off my game. Loneliness comes with the territory of living alone but I am used to being surrounded by people all around me and strangely, I do not feel alone or lonely and do not know one of them. LOL, I miss them and don't know them and joke about being that guy. Well, that guy says "please, come get on my lawn".

Xelda

Reaction score
Early afternoon Pops and friends. Oh Dabz, that woman must be drunk. I'm afraid the neighbors probably got a more graphic show than we did. :eek: We just got the lappetizer.
Cheerleaders
Oh, that's right. I forgot about them. Thanks Runny!

Looks like some folks here are getting a little stir crazy. This is like living in the country with regular UPS sightings. Just imagine you have fed the cows and milked the chickens. The fences don't need mending, so you can catch up on your soaps. We are in a season that requires us to do things differently for a short time. The more people panic, the longer this is going to take. So settle down, kick your shoes off, grab your comfy clothes and watch your stories. Find an old show to binge watch and enjoy.

Have a good Sunday all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Early afternoon Pops and friends. Oh Dabz, that woman must be drunk. I'm afraid the neighbors probably got a more graphic show than we did. :eek: We just got the lappetizer.

Looks like some folks here are getting a little stir crazy. This is like living in the country with regular UPS sightings. Just imagine you have fed the cows and milked the chickens. The fences don't need mending, so you can catch up on your soaps. We are in a season that requires us to do things differently for a short time. The more people panic, the longer this is going to take. So settle down, kick your shoes off, grab your comfy clothes and watch your stories. Find an old show to binge watch and enjoy.

Have a good Sunday all.
Been watching the original Star Trek series, and listening for UPS trucks, for some reason. o_O

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Have a good Sunday all.
I watched Outbreak and Contagion and now am planning on what to watch while hiding under the bed. Think I'll go with Life, Soylent Green and Virus.

Xelda

Reaction score
Been watching the original Star Trek series, and listening for UPS trucks, for some reason. o_O
I saw a list of movies to binge watch and now I wish I'd saved Game of Thrones. I've seen maybe 4 or 5 episodes of Star Trek. I just could not buy into Captain Kirk as a sex symbol. I'd think "ok, you've beamed him off now LEAVE" but they kept beaming him back to the ship.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw a list of movies to binge watch and now I wish I'd saved Game of Thrones. I've seen maybe 4 or 5 episodes of Star Trek. I just could not buy into Captain Kirk as a sex symbol. I'd think "ok, you've beamed him off now LEAVE" but they kept beaming him back to the ship.
It's the eyeliner. Really makes his eyes pop.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I was a kid I was a huge Jerry Lewis fan, probably not a surprise, and I was on Amazon testing my impulse buy juju and it failed as usual and I bought this 10 movie collection of his with the first one The Stooge with Deano and watched that last night and I did laugh but not as much as I did as a kid. My parents were not fans of his or me impersonating him with all of those sounds. My Mom said "well, Carl, it's that or the 3 Stooges, take your pick". My Dad responded "Wish I'd had a pick at the hospital".

What fascinated me was his popularity in France, he was a freakin' superstar in France and I've never understood that and my cousin married a French lady and she can't explain it but she said he was revered there. I did my best Jerry Lewis for her and I think she made a mental note 'do not be alone with this man and above all, do not turn your back on him'.

I can still do him, want proof? See? Told ya. I keep this up and my dogs will be advertising themselves for adoption.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When I was a kid I was a huge Jerry Lewis fan, probably not a surprise, and I was on Amazon testing my impulse buy juju and it failed as usual and I bought this 10 movie collection of his with the first one The Stooge with Deano and watched that last night and I did laugh but not as much as I did as a kid. My parents were not fans of his or me impersonating him with all of those sounds. My Mom said "well, Carl, it's that or the 3 Stooges, take your pick". My Dad responded "Wish I'd had a pick at the hospital".

What fascinated me was his popularity in France, he was a freakin' superstar in France and I've never understood that and my cousin married a French lady and she can't explain it but she said he was revered there. I did my best Jerry Lewis for her and I think she made a mental note 'do not be alone with this man and above all, do not turn your back on him'.

I can still do him, want proof? See? Told ya. I keep this up and my dogs will be advertising themselves for adoption.
I've never been a Jerry Lewis fan. I don't really care for most physical gag comics or silly voices... Monty Python being an obvious exception to both rules. I lean more toward cerebral or clever humor. I never did understand why people were so crazy about Borat, especially.

Xelda

Reaction score
It's the eyeliner. Really makes his eyes pop.
That er must be it.

Oh O'Coach! It is so brave of you to admit to that. I would take the Three Stooges every day of the week, though. I'd truly rather get slapped by a man with a bowl cut than watch five minutes of Jerry Lewis. In honor of your huge admission though, I will admit I had a slight crush on Russel Wilson.
I've never been a Jerry Lewis fan. I don't really care for most physical gag comics or silly voices... Monty Python being an obvious exception to both rules. I lean more toward cerebral or clever humor. I never did understand why people were so crazy about Borat, especially.
Borat SUCKS almost as much as Jerry Lewis. I really wasn't expecting to see both names in the same day. Horrible.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like it all; however, I have never liked Monty Python, prefer Benny Hill.

All Lewis did was follow Chaplin, Keaton, Laurel & Hardy and the 3 Stooges and inspire the next group of Belushi, Candy and Farley. They all relied on facial expression and a certain amount of pratfall physical humor. Lewis went over the top with some of his but I believe what France saw in him was what they saw in Chaplin, the every man and his plight. While Lewis was over the top, there was this sadness to his character in most of his films. The guy that just doesn't fit in but has a good heart.

Eddie Murphy chose to channel that into a weight issue instead of that goofy look in his Nutty Professor portrayal. I saw an interview with Lewis one time and he said Buddy Love was who he always wanted to be but always saw himself as the Professor so he let him come out.

Most comedians start out as Lewis did, using faces and sounds to make people laugh.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone digging deep into the pile of old movies for distraction.

I myself am watching Christmas movies. Hallmark is running them this weekend, and as wonderful luck would have it, it is also snowing here today, and I like the snow so this is a sign to me that there is hope people!

I think I'll drag out 'It's a Wonderful Life' and get my Jimmy Stewart fix...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That er must be it.

Oh O'Coach! It is so brave of you to admit to that. I would take the Three Stooges every day of the week, though. I'd truly rather get slapped by a man with a bowl cut than watch five minutes of Jerry Lewis. In honor of your huge admission though, I will admit I had a slight crush on Russel Wilson.

Borat SUCKS almost as much as Jerry Lewis. I really wasn't expecting to see both names in the same day. Horrible.
What I don't get is as much as y'all know about me and my sense of humor, that you would be surprised that I am a Jerry Lewis fan and always have been. I grew up wanting to be him because I didn't want to be me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and everyone digging deep into the pile of old movies for distraction.

I myself am watching Christmas movies. Hallmark is running them this weekend, and as wonderful luck would have it, it is also snowing here today, and I like the snow so this is a sign to me that there is hope people!

I saw where they were doing that and Netflix has some up as well. DirecTV never takes their Christmas Music channel off.

I think CBS is missing out not replaying all of the best Final 4 games of March Madness throughout history to give the round ballers a fix.

Xelda

Reaction score
What I don't get is as much as y'all know about me and my sense of humor, that you would be surprised that I am a Jerry Lewis fan and always have been. I grew up wanting to be him because I didn't want to be me.
I think as a rule of thumb, we can't pigeon hole anyone on line regardless of their proclivities. O'Coach, being you is one of the best things to be in the world so never quit your day job of being you.

Nope, nope, nope... nopenope. All that's going to do is make you want to mingle with humanity.

Hey, Montanalo, RGV, Leon, ABQ and anyone I've missed (I'm sorry) time to check in and give us an update.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I think as a rule of thumb, we can't pigeon hole anyone on line regardless of their proclivities. O'Coach, being you is one of the best things to be in the world so never quit your day job of being you.

Nope, nope, nope... nopenope. All that's going to do is make you want to mingle with humanity.

Hey, Montanalo, RGV, Leon, ABQ and anyone I've missed (I'm sorry) time to check in and give us an update.

Hola Pops and friends. I wanted to kick back today and watch some Christmas movies on Hallmark like Jan but the Mrs had other plans. We had oatmeal for bfast then have been working on the rent house. I’ve hung 5 mini blinds, she’s been doing some cleaning. I’ve been taking my time and she has noticed gulp.

We went to whataburger drive thru only. There was a long line so their business looks to be doing well. We came home to eat. Then we went to Home Depot and picked up a couple more mini blinds. Not many folks there so I figure it was safe.

We still have about 2 hrs of daylight so I’m going to do some mowing and edging.

Be safe everyone. God Bless

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Ha! The movie I'm watching right now had a snippet from "It's a Wonderful Life" in it...the part where the curmudgeonly neighbor tells George Bailey to 'go on and kiss her already' and gets frustrated and complains that 'youth is wasted on the wrong people'.

That's it. I'm going to watch the movie. I'm always by myself anyway so I don't see how it will cause me to want to be with other people. That's what Monday morning work is for. By 9am I'll be wishing I was back in my apartment alone instead of listening to our resident whiner employee. Nothing makes her happy.

Have a 'Wonderful' day/evening all.