FEATURED Morning Pops!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3toa8v.gif
Lol there's not much else to do but stare at a screen these days
3toaqi.jpg

Our church is closed today. I imagine it will be for a few weeks.
Same here.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Monday, Monday. Can't trust that day. Smile a lot today, folks. It really helps. Everything is still hunky dory here. I need to venture out for coffee filters and half and half, though. I'll take a bath in 409 when I get back from town.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Monday, Monday. Can't trust that day. Smile a lot today, folks. It really helps. Everything is still hunky dory here. I need to venture out for coffee filters and half and half, though. I'll take a bath in 409 when I get back from town.
Coffee filters as a toilet paper replacement? Brilliant, Leon, just brilliant.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to all who have stopped in this Monday to, well, check in.

I hope everybody enjoyed the weekend. The Wife and I spent most of the weekend shopping, cooking and cleaning and doing yard work. The Wife gave the house a top to bottom, I worked in the yard and we both did shopping for all the kids, cept my oldest boy and also some of the relatives who are either stuck in doors for two weeks or too old to get around. Just took a bunch of shopping lists and checked them off, one by one and then delivered groceries. All in all, it was pretty productive.

Saw two of the three Grandkids this weekend. They played in the dirt and generally got filthy. Gramma stripped them down to BVDs and hosed them off and then threw them in the tub and then we all ate supper. Steaks, home made steak fries, green beans and Lemon Cake. Was pretty good.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all of you enjoyed the weekend. Work week is back around so gotta start grinding it out till Friday again.

Everybody, have a great week. Don't worry much about all this nonsense. It will pass and the rock will keep on turning. Everyone, have a great day!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I finished binge watching The White Queen. Things we take for granted wasn't a luxury in that show like waking up with our heads attached to our bodies. I think O'Coach could have turned beheading into a drinking game. Taking the throne, tough. Keeping the throne, tough. Staying faithful to the queen, apparently impossible while the queen lived in three stages called pre pregnant, pregnant and giving birth standing up. The gossip was the queen was a witch but nobody got turned into a frog. There had to be a lot of populating so there would be extra heads to roll.

Have a good day everyone.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Well, it's a Monday, and it's the anniversary of my loss of my sweetie. I think the fact that it's been a true Monday has hit harder, and I feel somewhat guilty that I've taken this day in stride and am finally 'okay' when this day comes. A sign I'm moving on to the next phase of my life I suppose...

Half the people at work are boo-hooing over a local attorney that passed away unexpectedly this morning. Personally, it doesn't affect me because this guy never treated me like anything but crap so I find it hard to feel remorse for losing him. I do feel bad for his family that saw some other side of him enough to know him as a loving person, but for those of us who received the other side of his personality... nothing. Sad, really. I don't want to live a life that has me leaving people in my wake and feeling about me like I feel about him.

A good day for self-reflection and analysis.

Hope all is good for everyone and that you are all safe and well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Well, it's a Monday, and it's the anniversary of my loss of my sweetie. I think the fact that it's been a true Monday has hit harder, and I feel somewhat guilty that I've taken this day in stride and am finally 'okay' when this day comes. A sign I'm moving on to the next phase of my life I suppose...

Half the people at work are boo-hooing over a local attorney that passed away unexpectedly this morning. Personally, it doesn't affect me because this guy never treated me like anything but crap so I find it hard to feel remorse for losing him. I do feel bad for his family that saw some other side of him enough to know him as a loving person, but for those of us who received the other side of his personality... nothing. Sad, really. I don't want to live a life that has me leaving people in my wake and feeling about me like I feel about him.

A good day for self-reflection and analysis.

Hope all is good for everyone and that you are all safe and well.
Each anniversary, birthday and other significant days will lessen in impact which is why the time heals all wounds came about but that's not entirely true because it will scab over but there are things that can peel that back, not rip it off, but still peel it back enough to feel the sting.

I don't know exactly when it happened, Jan, or even if I was aware of it but I went from "I can't believe she's gone" to "she is gone" at some point. I still recall and remember those special days, like her birthday next week, an April Fool's baby, but now I don't focus as much on her absence and more on when she was here.

The best day that I realized after I lost her was when I no longer saw her as she was dying but the most alive she ever looked. Took me longer that most from what I've gathered but it did happen and when you realize you are healing, it is a magnificent feeling because you know now this isn't how the things will be from here on out.

Do not feel guilty that you are healing and do not go too far down that self-analysis road. Sometimes, we are better off just to accept our good fortune in stride and not question it. I am happy for you, you should be happy for you as well.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I don't really feel guilty. I know he would have wanted me to continue living. The self-analysis is more for observing and being more aware of how I relate to others to be sure that I don't leave a stinky trail behind me so people are happy I'm gone when it's my turn. Rather, I want them all to bawl their heads off, wear jeans and hoodies in my memory, drink Long Islands (at least one each anyway), and root for the Cowboys :D.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Are you going to do any painting? Or do you like the way it is?
She lived there for about 5 years and did a major reno before she moved in. Honestly, the first time I went to her house (to carpool for a funeral visitation) when I walked in I fell in love with it and told her then if she ever decided to sell to keep me in mind. That was almost 3 years ago, and here we are. Since that time there's been a new roof and other things done. I shouldn't have to do any major maintenance for a long long time. I love the colors and how it just feels like home.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
She lived there for about 5 years and did a major reno before she moved in. Honestly, the first time I went to her house (to carpool for a funeral visitation) when I walked in I fell in love with it and told her then if she ever decided to sell to keep me in mind. That was almost 3 years ago, and here we are. Since that time there's been a new roof and other things done. I shouldn't have to do any major maintenance for a long long time. I love the colors and how it just feels like home.

Wow that’s a double blessing. New roof and colors you love.