FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I got injections in my eyes yesterday and my right eyeball is sore this morning. The good news is that my vision has already improved from where it was before the shots. Still bad, but better. I'm going to pick up some essentials at Walmart during "Senior Hour" this morning. I've got my mask ready to go. I will be wearing a 12' diameter hula hoop around my waist to ensure I have six feet of clearance on every side.. Y'all have a great Friday.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Fellow Social Distances.

We went from the low 60's and brilliant sunshine to the low 20's and a couple inches of snow. Welcome to springtime in the Rockies.

@LeonDixson, glad to hear your vision is improved. I have to tell you, though, every time I read about shots in the eyes, I want to go set in the basement with the lights off...and maybe one cats to cheer me up.

I made a run to the grocery store during "senior hours". At the risk of sounding like an "ageist", I found the seniors much more polite and conforming to CDC recommendations than we saw during regular shopping hours -- much less obvious panic buying, less crowding, less attempts at cutting lines, etc.

On a whim, I stopped at our local wine and liqueur store (which are deemed essential business). I scored a bottle of 15 year Whistle Pig Rye Whiskey.... Pretty pleased with my self until I got home and my wife cast an eye on the bottle and said, "you do plan on sharing, don't you?". The things one does for love!

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We went from the low 60's and brilliant sunshine to the low 20's and a couple inches of snow. Welcome to springtime in the Rockies.

@LeonDixson, glad to hear your vision is improved. I have to tell you, though, every time I read about shots in the eyes, I want to go set in the basement with the lights off...and maybe one cats to cheer me up.

I made a run to the grocery store during "senior hours". At the risk of sounding like an "ageist", I found the seniors much more polite and conforming to CDC recommendations than we saw during regular shopping hours -- much less obvious panic buying, less crowding, less attempts at cutting lines, etc.

On a whim, I stopped at our local wine and liqueur store (which are deemed essential business). I scored a bottle of 15 year Whistle Pig Rye Whiskey.... Pretty pleased with my self until I got home and my wife cast an eye on the bottle and said, "you do plan on sharing, don't you?". The things one does for love!

Colo, just be happy she's willing to share with you. Some wives would look at the bounty and go "that's mine, that's mine, that's mine and of course all of that. OK, the rest is ours".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and really good news from Leon. My Mom had those shots and every time she'd tell me she was going, I would get an involuntary rigor at the thought of it.

Xelda, you invaded that poor worm's home. It was only defending it's domicile.

G, I think Canadians are required to study American history. Those interviews on the street are at the same time hilarious and concerning, especially when they start asking about geography.

Well, I am at the crossroads of the information highway. The latest news about who's involved in DC caused my brain to expand in an effort to explode itself. I go to Google News and MSN to glean articles from what I consider non inflammatory sources and writers to keep my BP down but even my middle of the road give it a chance sources were firing all rounds.

The virus is one problem, the economy another but the biggest one is becoming the people supposed to handle both. Just when I think things in this country cannot get worse, they surprise me in unthinkable ways.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Colo, just be happy she's willing to share with you. Some wives would look at the bounty and go "that's mine, that's mine, that's mine and of course all of that. OK, the rest is ours".
You're absolutely right. Although I make a big deal about her sharing my scotch or bourbon, I am actually tickled she wants to try them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good morning Pops and really good news from Leon. My Mom had those shots and every time she'd tell me she was going, I would get an involuntary rigor at the thought of it.

Xelda, you invaded that poor worm's home. It was only defending it's domicile.

G, I think Canadians are required to study American history. Those interviews on the street are at the same time hilarious and concerning, especially when they start asking about geography.

Well, I am at the crossroads of the information highway. The latest news about who's involved in DC caused my brain to expand in an effort to explode itself. I go to Google News and MSN to glean articles from what I consider non inflammatory sources and writers to keep my BP down but even my middle of the road give it a chance sources were firing all rounds.

The virus is one problem, the economy another but the biggest one is becoming the people supposed to handle both. Just when I think things in this country cannot get worse, they surprise me in unthinkable ways.
Another funny one is when they ask someone to point and name a county. And they put their finger on Africa. And the host is like "yeah, umm that's a continent?"
Lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who stops in to visit this thread.

Got two of the Grandkids over today. They slept over, Mom and Dad both worked doubles so they boys stayed over last night. That meant French Toast this morning, of course.

I'm seriously thinking about just going fishing today. I mean, have work and there are certainly things that I could be doing but I'll tell ya, I kinda need to just get out and I can't really go anywhere so maybe fishing is the thing here. Water will probably running too fast still but does it matter? I'm probably not going to catch anything but I still think it would be worth it. Maybe I can get my Son and the little guy to go with me.

What's everybody up to this weekend?

Lastly, awesome person is not the term everyone. The term is Covidiot........

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all doing well. Hope all of you have a great, great weekend!

Everybody, hang in there. This is not forever. Stay Strong!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For some reason, this made me think about a handful of columnists/media who go around college campuses or on the city streets and ask people fairly simple questions. The last one I remember was "Who won the Civil War." I crap you not, not one person had a clue. Simply astounding. What made it worse was later, one man got it right. The twist was he was Canadien.
I've watched a few things like that, and it just makes me so sad.

kskboys

Reaction score

Whiskey makes my baby frisky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Welcome to the Weekend. Mother nature has more unfavorable weather in store for us today so no yard work. The coffee is going down good this morning and I'm on the right side of the soil so all is good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and fellow mask makers. I've been up all night searching for those little rings to put my hair up in a ponytail but no such luck. I knew I shouldn't have thrown my wife's away and that I'd probably need them someday. I watched the video and that looks like a peachy craft idea and a new hobby I could acquire but I think I will just pass for now.

I am going to apply CC's Flu Shot Theory to this that if everybody else is wearing masks, I won't need to and hope that doesn't work out like CC's Flu Shot Theory because poor ole CC got that and would have had to get better to wish he would die. CC's new theory...get the damned shot.

I hope this posting finds you all well and in fine spirits. If not, might I suggest some fine spirits? What's that? Too early in the day for that. These unusual times present unusual circumstances which calls for out of the box thinking. So ole CC got into his bar and took all the bottles out of the boxes that I had for a rainy day. Makes me sad to think of ole CC standing at the patio door, lower lip stuck out, wondering when he'll get to go outside and play with the other old men. When I get sad, I refer to me in the third person and I don't feel so alone. Ahhhh, me, myself and I and my other personalities. Damn, I might be breaking the gathering of 10 or more rule!

Seriously, my friends, keep those spirits up and find something to divert your attention off this. You can spend too much time on this and it can affect you without you realizing it. It's a downward spiral if you spend too much time reading or watching all of the news on this and for some, like myself, the authority side of this, or lack of, has already sent me down that spiral.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and fellow mask makers. I've been up all night searching for those little rings to put my hair up in a ponytail but no such luck. I knew I shouldn't have thrown my wife's away and that I'd probably need them someday. I watched the video and that looks like a peachy craft idea and a new hobby I could acquire but I think I will just pass for now.

I am going to apply CC's Flu Shot Theory to this that if everybody else is wearing masks, I won't need to and hope that doesn't work out like CC's Flu Shot Theory because poor ole CC got that and would have had to get better to wish he would die. CC's new theory...get the damned shot.

I hope this posting finds you all well and in fine spirits. If not, might I suggest some fine spirits? What's that? Too early in the day for that. These unusual times present unusual circumstances which calls for out of the box thinking. So ole CC got into his bar and took all the bottles out of the boxes that I had for a rainy day. Makes me sad to think of ole CC standing at the patio door, lower lip stuck out, wondering when he'll get to go outside and play with the other old men. When I get sad, I refer to me in the third person and I don't feel so alone. Ahhhh, me, myself and I and my other personalities. Damn, I might be breaking the gathering of 10 or more rule!

Seriously, my friends, keep those spirits up and find something to divert your attention off this. You can spend too much time on this and it can affect you without you realizing it. It's a downward spiral if you spend too much time reading or watching all of the news on this and for some, like myself, the authority side of this, or lack of, has already sent me down that spiral.
I really don't need to watch the news. That would be redundant, since my mother calls or texts me about everything new, plus I get all the latest information about everything within a 200 mile radius in the form of work memos and instructions.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don't need to watch the news. That would be redundant, since my mother calls or texts me about everything new, plus I get all the latest information about everything within a 200 mile radius in the form of work memos and instructions.
My little town here does a good job of keeping the citizens informed, they've shown their quality very well.

The only news I get is from Google News and MSN, I seldom watch cable or TV news.

Xelda

Reaction score
Meanwhile at Coach's house:
iu

Last edited:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. We've got more rain today, tomorrow, the day after that, the next day, the day after that one and a possible break in the clouds maybe at the end of next week. The rain gives me permission to avoid yard work, so it can't be all bad. I haven't decided what to do with myself today, so I should scour around for some projects that won't start a fire or flood. Wish me luck!