FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. We've got more rain today, tomorrow, the day after that, the next day, the day after that one and a possible break in the clouds maybe at the end of next week. The rain gives me permission to avoid yard work, so it can't be all bad. I haven't decided what to do with myself today, so I should scour around for some projects that won't start a fire or flood. Wish me luck!
Good luck!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

For some reason I'm not getting site notifications again and realized a little bit ago I hadn't checked in since Thursday.

Had another cut at the office Thursday so we are down to three staffers now. This girl took a leave of absence. Had she not I likely would've been cut. Irony in that is that I haven't been a fan of hers. I am now. Don't know what I'll do if I get cut. Probably curl up and die. I hate change. Been at this employer too many years (20 years today actually) to want to find something else right now. There is work to do, but nobody is paying their bills. Plan was for the boss to retire in about 9 years or so but with that came a winding up plan, not a sudden axing. I'm getting depressed at a time I should be excited about the whole house thing, but even that is making me sad. Apparently since I didn't have it written in to the offer, seller elected to sell the kitchen island. What the hell? 20 years in this job and that has NEVER been something that had to be said. Almost backed out of the deal for that, the virus, job uncertainty...any number of things.

Things have to get better soon...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

For some reason I'm not getting site notifications again and realized a little bit ago I hadn't checked in since Thursday.

Had another cut at the office Thursday so we are down to three staffers now. This girl took a leave of absence. Had she not I likely would've been cut. Irony in that is that I haven't been a fan of hers. I am now. Don't know what I'll do if I get cut. Probably curl up and die. I hate change. Been at this employer too many years (20 years today actually) to want to find something else right now. There is work to do, but nobody is paying their bills. Plan was for the boss to retire in about 9 years or so but with that came a winding up plan, not a sudden axing. I'm getting depressed at a time I should be excited about the whole house thing, but even that is making me sad. Apparently since I didn't have it written in to the offer, seller elected to sell the kitchen island. What the hell? 20 years in this job and that has NEVER been something that had to be said. Almost backed out of the deal for that, the virus, job uncertainty...any number of things.

These are very uncertain times, but it seems like your company is trying to keep you....and who wants an island in their kitchen? One of our fellow threadmates has a kitchen on an island and he didn't even like that enough to stay there!

Xelda

Reaction score
Another goodie from the Corona section.
91950708_2657903397818981_2840178602018865152_n.jpg

GrammaJan

Reaction score
These are very uncertain times, but it seems like your company is trying to keep you....and who wants an island in their kitchen? One of our fellow threadmates has a kitchen on an island and he didn't even like that enough to stay there!
The threadmate you speak of probably wishes he'd stayed. He should take his doctor to the island with him. As for my missing island, there was storage for certain adult beverages on it (who wants to HAVE TO go to the lower level family room every time they want a drink?) Replacing it is an added expense I hadn't budgeted for so as soon as the second hand stores reopen I'll go find something to repurpose and make my own I guess

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Know what 5th wheel people call their kitchen? Islands in the Airstream. Wahahahahahaha, that's a real knee slapper. Hey, Kenny would have liked it, so there.:angry:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is it fixed to the house or free standing?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Is it fixed to the house or free standing?
Looking at the pics for the company doing the sale it appears to be free standing because it isn't flush with the floor, but it does not have wheels so it isn't classified as portable or mobile. It is slightly raised from the floor on short legs. I didn't think I needed to try to push it around when I was walking through. Nobody sells the frickin island from a kitchen when a house is sold... and it certainly wasn't said that it didn't come with the house. Clearly I'm miffed about this and its changed my trust in this person I thought was a friend. I don't trust easily and this is a clear example why.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Looking at the pics for the company doing the sale it appears to be free standing because it isn't flush with the floor, but it does not have wheels so it isn't classified as portable or mobile. It is slightly raised from the floor on short legs. I didn't think I needed to try to push it around when I was walking through. Nobody sells the frickin island from a kitchen when a house is sold... and it certainly wasn't said that it didn't come with the house. Clearly I'm miffed about this and its changed my trust in this person I thought was a friend. I don't trust easily and this is a clear example why.

Good afternoon Pops and friends. Jan, you would think the island was part of the package deal. If not, the seller should have sold it before putting up the house for sell. Not cool.
This has been a quiet uneventful weekend. The Mrs and I have been going out and picking up orders to go in support of local restaurants. We don’t want them to go away after this pandemic is part of history.

The Mrs and I went to the park on Friday n Saturday. We hadn’t gone in several weeks. It felt good to get out and do some jogging.

Be safe everyone and have a great week.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Jan, you would think the island was part of the package deal. If not, the seller should have sold it before putting up the house for sell. Not cool.
This has been a quiet uneventful weekend. The Mrs and I have been going out and picking up orders to go in support of local restaurants. We don’t want them to go away after this pandemic is part of history.

The Mrs and I went to the park on Friday n Saturday. We hadn’t gone in several weeks. It felt good to get out and do some jogging.

Be safe everyone and have a great week.
Thank you, RGV... I don't want to come off as an ungrateful whiner. I hope nobody thinks that. This is just so bizarre and something I never expected, and certainly never thought I'd have to plan for. This along with the employee cuts at work has kind of broken my spirit. I walk through the property on the 14th and hopefully won't have any other surprises.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Good morning, Pops and peeps. The rain has made the weeds and grass in the flower beds easy to pull up. Gotta take pleasure in little blessings like that. Remember, attitude is optional. We can't always control what happens, but we can control how we react to it. I remind myself of that frequently, and it helps me maintain a positive attitude. Sorry if I sounded preachy this morning. That's not my intent. Just sharing a few words of wisdom.