FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles (I'm unusually fond of this nickname for us). Hi. My name is Xelda and I'm a Popsadoodle.

Before the governor lavished a mandatory vacation on me, I'd gone to Sam's to pick up about 600 of those tasty tiny suckers for work. The employees were picking out their favorites and stashing them. OK, it was me and some of those question marks were really good. While at Sam's, I looked at those and the Tootsie Pops next to them. The price was similar although the Tootsie offered only 100 suckers. I opted for the Tootsie Pops and if my math is correct, 45 should make it to work when all is said and done. Naturally, I'm exaggerating about that. Maybe 7 or 8 will make it.

I think I invented something recently and could really use your help to get it kick started. Rent A Husband! Call me crazy, but all of you have wonderful qualities that women are looking for. This would be a great income opportunity as long as you get them to sign a disclaimer first. Think on it and let me know. :grin:

Yesterday was a difficult blur to walk through. With lots of prayers and a tranquilizer, I survived. Thank you all for your well wishes. I haven't known many days in my life without one or more dogs. I'm straightening things out in the house before cleaning and I know I'm going to look for things later and not be able to find them. I'll just get mad at myself when I cross that bridge.

I've got my very bestest music going loud today. Here comes AC/DC. I saw something about testing chemo drugs in a facility outside of the U.S.. Australia I think. While researching the drugs they found the chemicals reacted much better to Thunderstruck being played loudly in the lab. Why in the world would anyone play that song low to begin with? Anyway, the chemicals didn't react to any other song like that. I couldn't respect a drug that worked better to Muskrat Love.

My mind is sort of bouncing around from subject to subject so I should close before I tell something embarrassing on myself. Have a good day Popsadoodles!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I've been sitting here in front of my computer staring at the bookshelf containing some of my Cowboys memorabilia. There is my Emmitt Smith bobble head. It was from the 2nd game I took my daughter to at Texas Stadium. I think it was during the 5-11 Campo years and they were desperate to sell tickets. We got 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas and 2 E.S. bobble heads for $99 total. Two friends from work went with us. There are a lot of memories in that bookshelf. Y'all have a good day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends!

Happy Engelbert Humperdinck day.....Sorry, that's Humpday, for short. On Long Island today, and I have to say that, while I miss the OT, I learned that I sleep much better when I have a regular sleep cycle, as opposed to getting up at 6 one morning, then 2:30 the next morning, then 4 the next. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm friggin' tired.

Everyone get some sleep and have a wonderful day!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all you humpsters.

It's Happy Hump Day,
Don't be a Grump Day,
Pull That Stump Day,
Prime the Pump Day,
Do the Bump Day,
Slap a Rump Day,
Don't Forget to Dump Day,
Don't Be a Frump Day,
It's Forrest Gump Day,
Pointer Sisters' Jump Day,
It's Professor Klump's Day.
Don't Get the Mumps Day,
It's Take Your Lumps Day,
Annnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddd
It's Andy, Get Someone Besides That Homely Helen Crump Day.

My Hump Day present to my fellow Popsadoodles, may you find enrichment and joy within this day. I've done my part. If this post was your first stop this morning, you just know the day has got to get better than this!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and friends!

Happy Engelbert Humperdinck day.....Sorry, that's Humpday, for short. On Long Island today, and I have to say that, while I miss the OT, I learned that I sleep much better when I have a regular sleep cycle, as opposed to getting up at 6 one morning, then 2:30 the next morning, then 4 the next. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm friggin' tired.

Everyone get some sleep and have a wonderful day!
Sleep experts, which is a little oxymoronic to me since they should be giving us advice while they're sleeping instead of being awake like the rest of us tired insomniacs, say the pattern is the key. People who get out of the pattern on the weekends, staying up later and sleeping later, have tougher Monday mornings than those that stay with the same pattern 7 days a week. However, those are boring people who seldom have fun and their inspiration comes from staring at the inside of their eyelids. When they go to bed, their friends all run off to frolic in the night air.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sleep experts, which is a little oxymoronic to me since they should be giving us advice while they're sleeping instead of being awake like the rest of us tired insomniacs, say the pattern is the key. People who get out of the pattern on the weekends, staying up later and sleeping later, have tougher Monday mornings than those that stay with the same pattern 7 days a week. However, those are boring people who seldom have fun and their inspiration comes from staring at the inside of their eyelids. When they go to bed, their friends all run off to frolic in the night air.
Hell CC, I'm in bed by 7:30 most days during the work week (under normal circumstances), then up until 1 or 2 on Friday and Saturday nights.
Back when I was a bouncer on the side, I'd get up at 2:30 Friday morning, work 11 or 12 hours, go home and eat, shower, and shave, then go to work at the bar until 3:00 or so. Then Saturday night was usually late too, and I'd have to be in bed by 7:30 or 8 Sunday night.

Only took a couple of years to realize I needed to stop that. One of the most disconcerting feelings in the world is driving about 15 tons gross, and realizing you just woke up, in the center lane.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3yy94r.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to all who stopped in today.

OK, well, kind of a long day today. Just figured I'd stop in and say hello before I call it a day.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo,
Hope you are all doing well. Gonna go fire up the Grill and throw on some Earl Campbell Brats here before too long.

Take it easy everybody!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. My new avatar is a pic taken from my bedroom balcony in the Bahamas. I'm longing to get back there ASAP. I plan on taking one of my daughters and 3 grandkids there for a week or two this summer if they have reopened for tourism. Have a great day, folks.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. My new avatar is a pic taken from my bedroom balcony in the Bahamas. I'm longing to get back there ASAP. I plan on taking one of my daughters and 3 grandkids there for a week or two this summer if they have reopened for tourism. Have a great day, folks.
Beautiful, Leon. What a great view to wake up to.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Belated Happy Birthday to Runny. I'm sorry it's late, but my brain has been on hiatus this week. I hope it was a good one for you. I really hope all of you have been doing well and keeping our loose cannons out of trouble. Loose cannons, yes, I'm talking about you.

The little taxation devil running our state has given me two more weeks vacation. I heart self isolation. He's weaseling his way into my heart, but it won't last. One day back at work and I'll be mad at him again. That was my deep thought for today. I planned to go somewhere yesterday, but talked myself out of it. I said I could do it today, but it's not looking good. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.

I remember a silly joke from who knows when. Why did the chicken cross the road? To show the armadillo that it could be done. I didn't say it was good. I said it was silly aaannnd easily remembered. Have a good Thursday.

kskboys

Reaction score
Morning Pops and all you humpsters.

It's Happy Hump Day,
Don't be a Grump Day,
Pull That Stump Day,
Prime the Pump Day,
Do the Bump Day,
Slap a Rump Day,
Don't Forget to Dump Day,
Don't Be a Frump Day,
It's Forrest Gump Day,
Pointer Sisters' Jump Day,
It's Professor Klump's Day.
Don't Get the Mumps Day,
It's Take Your Lumps Day,
Annnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddd
It's Andy, Get Someone Besides That Homely Helen Crump Day.

My Hump Day present to my fellow Popsadoodles, may you find enrichment and joy within this day. I've done my part. If this post was your first stop this morning, you just know the day has got to get better than this!
He said rump, Teeheeheehee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops, barely, under the wire, and fellow thrill seekers approaching the opening of your state. Tomorrow marks the big day here and they're opening up everything in the resort but I don't know about the hotel. I also don't know if they're turning the main fountains on and evicting the ducks that have squatted there. I do miss the fountain and was so used to it out my back door that I started taking that for granted and thinking everybody'd got one.

I am very interested to see the effect of this on the cases here and I think I mentioned the golfers ignoring the distancing. There are 7, 6 private, courses here and it is a destination for the surrounding area and sure enough a Marble Falls man got it and now the other three in his foursome are quarantined. They've been having tournaments at a couple of the private clubs.

Went to town today to the HEB and a lady asked me "what do you think the new normal is going to be like"? I, in my mask, said "anything normal is going to be new to me". She got the weirdest look on her face, at least the part I could see, as if she understood that. Good to know I am not alone. Normal is the enemy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I THOUGHT that picture looked familiar!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. Belated Happy Birthday to Runny. I'm sorry it's late, but my brain has been on hiatus this week. I hope it was a good one for you. I really hope all of you have been doing well and keeping our loose cannons out of trouble. Loose cannons, yes, I'm talking about you.

The little taxation devil running our state has given me two more weeks vacation. I heart self isolation. He's weaseling his way into my heart, but it won't last. One day back at work and I'll be mad at him again. That was my deep thought for today. I planned to go somewhere yesterday, but talked myself out of it. I said I could do it today, but it's not looking good. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.

I remember a silly joke from who knows when. Why did the chicken cross the road? To show the armadillo that it could be done. I didn't say it was good. I said it was silly aaannnd easily remembered. Have a good Thursday.
Thank you, Doll! It's okay that it was a day late. I really don't expect anyone to pay attention to when my birthday is...I know I don't pay attention to that stuff except for my family and Hooters girls.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you, Doll! It's okay that it was a day late. I really don't expect anyone to pay attention to when my birthday is...I know I don't pay attention to that stuff except for my family and Hooters girls.
Hell, I didn't know it was your birthday or I would have sent one of these Hooters girls hunkered down with me.

Happy Belated Birthday.