FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Before this whole pandemic thing, I was typically getting about 10 hours of OT a week. The OT I got yesterday was the most I've gotten since.
People from our office that got laid off have it better than me. They get unemployment, that nonsense extra $600/week AND don't have to go to work. They get more per month in that extra $600 per week stipend than I take home in a month, and I have to go to work and do two people's jobs for my same wage without overtime. Pretty angry about it. I hope they all take it in the shorts on taxes next year.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3zixjr.jpg

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Recovering Isolationists,

We reached a milestone event yesterday - it was warm enough to work in the yard in short pants! We still have nighttime lows in the 40's, but daytime highs are creeping up to the mid-70's.

As I was preparing a tofu stir-fry (yes, real men eat tofu) yesterday, I thought about how much my eating habits had changed since childhood. Growing up in Texas, if it was fried, grilled or brown, we didn't eat it. I can still remember returning home from A&M for Easter break and my mother handing me a bowl of lettuce and chirping, "i made you a salad". I can also remember the look on my father's face that said, "what the he!! Is wrong with you?"

Ah, those were the days.

Yesterday, my wife sketched a floor plan for the prospective Montana home. I have to say, I am finally getting excited - although construction is still more than a year away.

How's your weekend shaping up? We have plans to do pretty much the same thing we've been doing for the past 6 or 7 weeks :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Recovering Isolationists,

We reached a milestone event yesterday - it was warm enough to work in the yard in short pants! We still have nighttime lows in the 40's, but daytime highs are creeping up to the mid-70's.

As I was preparing a tofu stir-fry (yes, real men eat tofu) yesterday, I thought about how much my eating habits had changed since childhood. Growing up in Texas, if it was fried, grilled or brown, we didn't eat it. I can still remember returning home from A&M for Easter break and my mother handing me a bowl of lettuce and chirping, "i made you a salad". I can also remember the look on my father's face that said, "what the he!! Is wrong with you?"

Ah, those were the days.

Yesterday, my wife sketched a floor plan for the prospective Montana home. I have to say, I am finally getting excited - although construction is still more than a year away.

How's your weekend shaping up? We have plans to do pretty much the same thing we've been doing for the past 6 or 7 weeks :)
I love you but "short pants" and "tofu" in the same post is pushing it to the limit. You get up there around them good ole Montana boys and use words like that and we may be calling you ColonCowboy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Friday Pops and delighted weekenders. We're off to a rip roaring start to opening the state of Texas and except for the fountains back on, I can't tell a difference yet.

The restaurants in my county can be at 50% but have to be at 25% in the county where Marble Falls is.

You know what this reminds me of as far as people venturing forth? "Jaws", that part where the people were a little antsy about going back into the water but Larry the Mayor, ever the crafty one, talked a councilman and his wife, the two largest people on the beach, into getting into the water.

I am surely hoping this doesn't cause a backlash and we can keep opening up, lots of people hurting financially and emotionally.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love you but "short pants" and "tofu" in the same post is pushing it to the limit. You get up there around them good ole Montana boys and use words like that and we may be calling you ColonCowboy.
Of all your posts, serious and otherwise, this is the funniest thing you've ever written.... What can I say, I am a SNAG (sensitive new age guy). In my defense, they were manly cargo shorts and I marinated the tofu in a combination of dried chili's, sirracha, ginger, cumin and lime.

I should have added... shorts and tofu are worse than me dancing to "Staying Alive", in a housecoat with two bewildered cats? Ok, I'll give you that one.

By the way, a pox upon you if "ColonCowboy" catches on

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of all your posts, serious and otherwise, this is the funniest thing you've ever written.... What can I say, I am a SNAG (sensitive new age guy). In my defense, they were manly cargo shorts and I marinated the tofu in a combination of dried chili's, sirracha, ginger, cumin and lime.

I should have added... shorts and tofu are worse than me dancing to "Staying Alive", in a housecoat with two bewildered cats? Ok, I'll give you that one.

Oh, we've all been thinking it the whole time. We're just too classy to say it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Shorts or cargo shorts, that's fine but short pants conjures up images of a 4 year old boy or Slingblade's britches.