FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who stops in to visit today.

So, it's a Thursday that is acting like a Friday! Welcome to the long weekend!

Gotta figure out the fireworks today. Guess I'm going to go out and have a beer or 6 this afternoon. Pretty sure the Gov is going to shut down the restaurants after this weekend, again, so might be awhile.

What's everybody got going on this weekend? Hopefully, it involves something fun!

Leon, here we still have cooler temps in the moringings. It's got to be early morning as it starts heating up at about 6/6:30 but if you get up at around 4, you can probably go till 9 or 10 and it will be good. After that, it's upper 90s to lower 100s and at that point, the ground gets hot and it's just too damn hot to work in the yard. Is what it is I guess.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you all are happy where you stand right now, today. Tomorrow is another day but today, be happy and enjoy some life.

Everybody, have a great, a fun and a safe 4th of July Weekend! Come back safe and sound!

Gonna leave you with this one for the long weekend!

John "Cougar" Mellencamp - R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A.

God Bless America, God Bless Every American but most of all, God Bless all of you my Friends........

Last edited:

Xelda

Reaction score
We've got Leon's pet rock on the brain today. Good early evening Pops and Popsadoodles. I had to pick up cars for work today and refused to follow the lead vehicle because he's not going to speed. I fall asleep at those speeds and of course he came in and sang "I can't drive 55" to me. 55's for rookies, parents of honor students and those poor downtrodden student drivers. I'm like a bird, I like to fly away, they won't give me a space car.

I hope everyone had a good Thursday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and 3 day weekenders, hope you are safe this strangest 4th I've seen. At noon today, Texas goes under mandatory masks in public in counties with 20+ cases and I was struck with two thoughts about that. One, how in the hell do you know your county count and two, wanna get to 20 if you ain't there? Just go without masks in public places, how do you think they got their count up? Not saying masks are the end all be all, and they're a pain in the face to wear, but there is some evidence it helps.

This social distancing is the cat's pajamas and another preventive measure and I have changed my battle cry from "get the hell off my lawn" to "get the hell away from me". Actually I have this Space Invaders sound I can do and that does get their attention but I've decided to ramp up my game. This also puts the blame on technology and not on your person because some are reluctant to make sounds at people invading their space. I recorded "6 feet please, 6 feet" using one of my voices onto my iPhone and have it ready to play back in an instant and will be trying that out come Monday when I venture forth to grace the unwashed masses with my presence. I am surprised there is not an App for this. I would like to have Mother's voice on the Nostromo in "Alien", that would be ultra cool but I would be tempted to use it on people 40 feet away just to hear it. Or how about Hudson in "Aliens"? "6 feet man, 6 feet".

Well, I am preparing for my annual 4th of July celebration of firing up the grill and the smoker, concocting celebratory cocktails and libations (libations have more booze in them and liban you up) and watching "Jaws", "Independence Day" and "The Patriot" and since this is a pick the 3rd or 4th situation, I might add "Jaws II" and "ID4 Resurgence". Yes, I know, I've admitted I own those movies and now you think less of me. But I look at this way, no matter what you think of me, I am capable of making you think less. I can make people dig a hole for my pedestal and pull it out and dig a little deeper.

I hope you guys have a good weekend and give thanks. Thanks for the British. We kicked their butts, even created our own anti British Invasion band, but they didn't give up. They decided if they couldn't get it done with sailors and soldiers, they'd send musicians with strange teeth and the rest is history.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and Popsadoodles. File this under "I should have known better" or "#%@*& Eagles fans" to which I'm preferring the latter. I had to get a longer hose for the dishwasher installation and got it in Tuesday. He had given me his number and told me to call when it came in. I let him know and he said he'd be here Thursday. I got up extremely early today, cleaned up, got dressed and went back to bed. He didn't show up today until I was almost at ye olde place of employment. Now it's Sunday or Monday to which I'll be back at ye olde place of employment. #%@^&" Eagles fans.

I need to go to Lowes, but hate traffic so much that I'll wait until next week. We're getting every other day off next week which is sort of nice, but it's Tuesday and Thursday. I can't find good trouble in the middle of the week like that! Any who, I hope everyone has a good 4th.

Xelda

Reaction score
Dabz, that reminds me of me. I can find ways to get wet. My ex was dumb founded when we went for a walk on the beach. I was hypnotized by the sweet sound of the waves and headed in. Afterwards, I got to hear about all the places we couldn't go to because I was wet. It was worth it.

Thank you, Leon. I try to avoid trouble on purpose some times, but it's really not fun. Too grown up for my taste.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dabz, that reminds me of me. I can find ways to get wet. My ex was dumb founded when we went for a walk on the beach. I was hypnotized by the sweet sound of the waves and headed in. Afterwards, I got to hear about all the places we couldn't go to because I was wet. It was worth it.

Thank you, Leon. I try to avoid trouble on purpose some times, but it's really not fun. Too grown up for my taste.
If trouble can't find me, I send it ahead to lie in wait and surprise me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Happy 4th to one and all and yes, you are that one, my little firecracker.

I nearly libated myself into a coma because I had too many to choose from and didn't want any repeats today, that's so amateur. It's the 2 Day Holiday/3 Day Weekend Rule, whichever comes first. I make up the rules and try to break as many as I can so they do serve a purpose. I am an equalibator and try not to play favorites and have at least one from each of the Hooch Groups, Bourbon, Brandy, Gin, Rum, Scotch, Tequila and Vodka. Beer, cordials and wine are in their own groups. I am in my own group as well because no one wants to be in it, with all the rules and rules breaking going on. It's very confusing for them.

Found out why the Mayor hasn't been sending out bragging notices about COVID 19. Her last one had us at 3 cases in the county and now it's 33 and 11 just in Horseshoe Bay and this place crawling with out of towners. there are two rental lake houses at the end of the cul-de-sac where I live and I counted 20 cars there yesterday. I am thinking my odds of not getting this are shrinking quickly.

dallasdave

Reaction score

Well said indeed :yourock::yourock:sometimes you have to live for the moment, have fun and have a great 4th of July :yourock::yourock::yourock:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and Happy 4th to one and all and yes, you are that one, my little firecracker.

I nearly libated myself into a coma because I had too many to choose from and didn't want any repeats today, that's so amateur. It's the 2 Day Holiday/3 Day Weekend Rule, whichever comes first. I make up the rules and try to break as many as I can so they do serve a purpose. I am an equalibator and try not to play favorites and have at least one from each of the Hooch Groups, Bourbon, Brandy, Gin, Rum, Scotch, Tequila and Vodka. Beer, cordials and wine are in their own groups. I am in my own group as well because no one wants to be in it, with all the rules and rules breaking going on. It's very confusing for them.

Found out why the Mayor hasn't been sending out bragging notices about COVID 19. Her last one had us at 3 cases in the county and now it's 33 and 11 just in Horseshoe Bay and this place crawling with out of towners. there are two rental lake houses at the end of the cul-de-sac where I live and I counted 20 cars there yesterday. I am thinking my odds of not getting this are shrinking quickly.
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM EVERYONE!!! If you need something, have it delivered and left on your doorstep, then transfer it into a safe container and disinfect everything, especially you!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. It’s 94° and feels like 104°. Weren’t the Ex-spurts saying the Rona was going to run n hide from the heat? Stay safe my friends.
It got up to the low 80's and then a rain/hail storm blew through.. dropped the temperature to the low 60's.

So, what's on the menu today? I smoked a small brisket, pork ribs and sausage. Starting with margaritas, poppers and stuffed mushrooms and then moving on to the smoked meats, potatoes salad, grilled corn, baked beans and a green salad. Finishing it off with peach cobbler and 'nilla ice cream... Probably won't eat again until Tuesday.

Happy 4th to one and all... And, remember to thank a vet for the freedoms we enjoy.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
It got up to the low 80's and then a rain/hail storm blew through.. dropped the temperature to the low 60's.

So, what's on the menu today? I smoked a small brisket, pork ribs and sausage. Starting with margaritas, poppers and stuffed mushrooms and then moving on to the smoked meats, potatoes salad, grilled corn, baked beans and a green salad. Finishing it off with peach cobbler and 'nilla ice cream... Probably won't eat again until Tuesday.

Happy 4th to one and all... And, remember to thank a vet for the freedoms we enjoy.

Sounds good Colo.

The church had a pot luck gathering today. The Mrs made the potato salad. No bbqing for me. I gave away my bbq pit/smoker about a month ago. I could have sold it but the neighbor’s pit was barely over 1‘ diameter. I told the neighbor that the price for my pit was you carry it to your yard. It took 6 grown men to carry it lol. And I watched lol

Since we’ve been social distancing the family doesn’t come around much and the Mrs has given up beef so my smoker has been sitting there in the way. I’m going to buy one soon, bigger than the one my neighbor had and smaller than the one I had but without a fire box and just use it for grilling. If I ever need to smoke a brisket, I hope the neighbor lets me use his lol.

Happy 4th amigo.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I will if I see one at least 218 years old.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds good Colo.

The church had a pot luck gathering today. The Mrs made the potato salad. No bbqing for me. I gave away my bbq pit/smoker about a month ago. I could have sold it but the neighbor’s pit was barely over 1‘ diameter. I told the neighbor that the price for my pit was you carry it to your yard. It took 6 grown men to carry it lol. And I watched lol

Since we’ve been social distancing the family doesn’t come around much and the Mrs has given up beef so my smoker has been sitting there in the way. I’m going to buy one soon, bigger than the one my neighbor had and smaller than the one I had but without a fire box and just use it for grilling. If I ever need to smoke a brisket, I hope the neighbor lets me use his lol.

Happy 4th amigo.
Did ribs today and I have discovered I've lost my taste for Q and smoked meat. I think I like the doing it a lot better than the eating it. I may have to turn in my Texan card.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did ribs today and I have discovered I've lost my taste for Q and smoked meat. I think I like the doing it a lot better than the eating it. I may have to turn in my Texan card.
Maybe you got that tick bite that makes you lose your taste for meat?....Better you than me, I always say.