FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and friends.

Yayyy, Manhattan. :thumbdown:
We have two totally different experiences with the "Electric City". But then I never had to try and negotiate the traffic in a truck. Did one time in a rental car and once was enough, no thanks.

Manhattan to me was the best walking town in America, martini's, cigars, great restaurants, best pizza and the birthplace of people talking to themselves before cellphones. Now, you can't tell the crazies from the "normal" people.

Quick Manhattan story. I had an afternoon to kill and was able to score a ticket to Rocky II on the day it premiered from one of my clients. The theater was packed and there were some screen talkers in the audience. They were so into it that they thought it was OK to talk to the screen and were all over Apollo Creed. At the end when Rocky gets to his feet, those of us not already standing and yelling, jumped up as if we were at the fight. The entire theater was on their feet, yelling, fist pumping and some were even crying. It was crazy and I was laughing my butt off at the fun I was having. We were high fiving and the guy to my left hugged me. I've never seen an audience leave a film happier.

That weekend we went to a party and I told that story and only one guy got it. The rest were stiff about that and one woman remarked about how much she disliked talkers in the theater. Truly, a story that was "you had to be there" because that was the most fun I've ever had in a movie theater and that includes in the balcony with Mary Sue Harrington after she got her braces off.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have two totally different experiences with the "Electric City". But then I never had to try and negotiate the traffic in a truck. Did one time in a rental car and once was enough, no thanks.

Manhattan to me was the best walking town in America, martini's, cigars, great restaurants, best pizza and the birthplace of people talking to themselves before cellphones. Now, you can't tell the crazies from the "normal" people.

Quick Manhattan story. I had an afternoon to kill and was able to score a ticket to Rocky II on the day it premiered from one of my clients. The theater was packed and there were some screen talkers in the audience. They were so into it that they thought it was OK to talk to the screen and were all over Apollo Creed. At the end when Rocky gets to his feet, those of us not already standing and yelling, jumped up as if we were at the fight. The entire theater was on their feet, yelling, fist pumping and some were even crying. It was crazy and I was laughing my butt off at the fun I was having. We were high fiving and the guy to my left hugged me. I've never seen an audience leave a film happier.

That weekend we went to a party and I told that story and only one guy got it. The rest were stiff about that and one woman remarked about how much she disliked talkers in the theater. Truly, a story that was "you had to be there" because that was the most fun I've ever had in a movie theater and that includes in the balcony with Mary Sue Harrington after she got her braces off.
You should have taken that woman to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Xelda

Reaction score
:omg:What is wrong with me? Those are the WRONG SHOES for my fancy moves. Momma put me in ballet so she could have some alone time. I clung to the bar and cried at the top of my lungs the whole time. Next up was tap dance. Those things they stuck to the bottom of my shoes made a lot of racket so I enjoyed that. I may have taken 5 lessons and still feel like a tap expert. o_O

God bless you in Manhattan, Runny. If you can drive in there, you can drive anywhere.

Good morning Pops and friends. At 3:15 is when you start making a little noise of your own. Maybe get some power tools going while you’re getting ready to start your workday :cool:
I like the way you think. :grin:
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Get him, Coach! That was a great story about Rocky 2.

Xelda

Reaction score
I had no continuity with my thoughts. I saw her wearing heals and my thoughts turned to trying to dance on my toes. The ballet class was the first time I was left alone with strangers. By tap time, I accepted my abandonment and was a big fan of making noise. If my momma came back for me, I was going to make her suffer until she put the shoes where I couldn't find them.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and visit the thread.

Man, tired today. Yesterday my Daughter called and said she was worried about the baby because she was spitting up blood etc. So, took her to the Dr., which was actually a Woman's clinic type thing. So, of course she goes in and gets tested but I have to sit outside in the truck, for a good 5 or 6 hours. So it was probably 105 yesterday, you know, just a nice warm summer day......................

She's OK, just an unusually high nitrate count which suggest urine tract infection. Also, Hyperemesis Gravidarum, which basically means she can't stop spitting up. She is dehydrated and needs to get her nutrition down. So basically, she's wore out. Probably going to have to get her in for IVs on a regular basis until this passes.

But good lord, it was hot!

Good stuff on the content people. I liked that stuff!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well today. It's Wednesday so half way done!

Everybody, have a great week!

Peace..................

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and visit the thread.

Man, tired today. Yesterday my Daughter called and said she was worried about the baby because she was spitting up blood etc. So, took her to the Dr., which was actually a Woman's clinic type thing. So, of course she goes in and gets tested but I have to sit outside in the truck, for a good 5 or 6 hours. So it was probably 105 yesterday, you know, just a nice warm summer day......................

She's OK, just an unusually high nitrate count which suggest urine tract infection. Also, Hyperemesis Gravidarum, which basically means she can't stop spitting up. She is dehydrated and needs to get her nutrition down. So basically, she's wore out. Probably going to have to get her in for IVs on a regular basis until this passes.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well today. It's Wednesday so half way done!

Peace..................
Oh man, best of luck to the baby!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Oh man, best of luck to the baby!

Thanks RW. I think the Baby is fine. I just think she needs to start being able to hold stuff down and all of this will correct itself. The spitting up blood was from her throat and the fact that it was just raw from heaving. I feel bad for her but hey, this is part of it I guess. She's tough, she'll get through it but thank you Brother.

:thumbup:

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Peace..................
My daughter-in-law is going through the same thing. Never know when it's going to take her down. She is supposed to have the baby August 13 so she's about done. Never thought I'd say it but I hope this is the last grandbaby. This will be #7. Can't afford Christmas for them all anymore. :(

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My daughter-in-law is going through the same thing. Never know when it's going to take her down. She is supposed to have the baby August 13 so she's about done. Never thought I'd say it but I hope this is the last grandbaby. This will be #7. Can't afford Christmas for them all anymore. :(
Tell them they stop getting presents at 6 years old. They'll understand.
:muttley:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Thirsty Thursday devotees.

Well, I'll find out soon enough if I was prophetic about the coronavirus, getting tested this afternoon. Started getting a sore throat on Monday afternoon and it won't go away so my doc set up a test at the drive through at the local hospital. I don't know how long before I get the results because they mentioned the testing was running behind. And we wonder why we can't seem to get a leg up on this virus? We can't even determine if people have it fast enough. The only people that can get tested are those required by a physician's order. I don;t know if that's the same everywhere but this is a small community and this hospital is testing for 3 counties.

Other than the throat, which is enough as I can barely sleep, I have 0 other symptoms, not even a low grade fever. He can't examine me until I clear the test protocol and I completely understand that.

I spoke to his nurse and she said the entire Baylor Scott White group had contacted the local police and asked them to enforce the mask wearing. This mandate is not doing any good without enforcement. She said they received notice on Monday that this could have evolved into airborne and that mask wearing was critical.