FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There sort of is. One of my customers bought a couple boxes on line for ground cover. I didn't even know that was possible.
Interesting. We tend to leave the pine needles on the ground throughout winter as they help trap moisture from snow melt. Pine needles breakdown very slowly onto mulch and, aside from being fuel for fires, apparently are quite acidic... Not necessarily good for the soil.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning Pops and weekenders and a shout out to RGV to batten down the hatches and stay safe as Hanna rolls in.

Morning Pops and friends. Thank you CC. Hanna is a wide storm. We’ve been hit with the outer bands out here near the houston area. Not real bad, we could use the rain. Way south of us will get hit hard even tho it’s a weak storm.
I don’t know what we’re going to do if a big storm hits this area. Probably going to board up the house and ride it out. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there :cool:

Hope everyone is doing well this fine day. It’s a pajama day here ;)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and friends. Thank you CC. Hanna is a wide storm. We’ve been hit with the outer bands out here near the houston area. Not real bad, we could use the rain. Way south of us will get hit hard even tho it’s a weak storm.
I don’t know what we’re going to do if a big storm hits this area. Probably going to board up the house and ride it out. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there :cool:

Hope everyone is doing well this fine day. It’s a pajama day here ;)
I thought you were in the Valley.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sometimes I wonder why we bother raking and bagging the pine needles, especially given the fact we're selling the house. Chalk it up to my OCD nature of wanting everything to look neat and tidy.

:muttley:
I just mow them into the bagger or use the leaf blower and blow them into the woods or across the street into ....other woods.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Picked up an $8,000 mower for $4,000!!!! Only 27 hours on it, and that's basically new!!!

It's always important to have cash during down times.
I get over 100 mows for that 4K, don't have to lift a finger and and get to enjoy the best part of work, watching someone else do it.

My wife used to like and try to use some psyche on me like "the yard looks great, now aren't you proud of doing that" to which I would reply "no, I feel shame. I didn't do anything creative, I merely removed what nature had created, growth. They just wanted to grow strong and tall and I cut them down with no mercy".

My legendary avoidance of honey do's of the handyman variety extended to the perimeter of the abode as well. I would often tell her "I am a handier man in other ways and show me a man with a workshop and I'll show you a man avoiding talking to his wife".

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

First day in a few weeks with a day off work. Heading out shortly to mow my little yard. Not yet 10am and it’s over 85 degrees. Not looking forward to this at all.

Hope everyone stays cool and safe today. Ohhhh, how I hate summer....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and everyone.

First day in a few weeks with a day off work. Heading out shortly to mow my little yard. Not yet 10am and it’s over 85 degrees. Not looking forward to this at all.

Hope everyone stays cool and safe today. Ohhhh, how I hate summer....
With ya there, sister. It is, by far, my least favorite season but then I live without 4 seasons down here and when I did have 4, I didn't detest it so much. At least, we had a decent spring down here for the first time since I moved down here. It is not uncommon for summer to run April-October and I have had to run the AC at Thanksgiving too many times.

But these are the times we need to reflect upon the harsh images of winter we saw or experienced back in Jan-Feb but it gets harder and harder as that temp climbs.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
With ya there, sister. It is, by far, my least favorite season but then I live without 4 seasons down here and when I did have 4, I didn't detest it so much. At least, we had a decent spring down here for the first time since I moved down here. It is not uncommon for summer to run April-October and I have had to run the AC at Thanksgiving too many times.

But these are the times we need to reflect upon the harsh images of winter we saw or experienced back in Jan-Feb but it gets harder and harder as that temp climbs.
Remember, I’m one of those wacky yankees that prefers fall and winter to spring and summer so winter is kind of exciting for me... waiting and wondering if I’ll get bunches of snow:D

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Remember, I’m one of those wacky yankees that prefers fall and winter to spring and summer so winter is kind of exciting for me... waiting and wondering if I’ll get bunches of snow:D
You're not the only one who that prefers fall and winter and I am not even a wacky Yankee.

I am already counting the days to the mornings that are crisp with a bit of frost, the shadows are long in the early afternoon and the leaves start changing colors. At this point, I would throw a comment about football and fall, but who knows if we have football this uear.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
You're not the only one who that prefers fall and winter and I am not even a wacky Yankee.

I am already counting the days to the mornings that are crisp with a bit of frost, the shadows are long in the early afternoon and the leaves start changing colors. At this point, I would throw a comment about football and fall, but who knows if we have football this uear.
Yessss!!! Fallll... the best! Memories of early morning trips to my daughter’s cross country competitions, my own cool, morning runs (when I was fit and training)... hoodies, cool, crisp evenings huddled around the fire pit with my sweetie (R.I.P. sweetheart) and my glass of wine, curled up in a blankie... good times. Yup. Good times:rolleyes:. Can almost smell the footballs in the air.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yessss!!! Fallll... the best! Memories of early morning trips to my daughter’s cross country competitions, my own cool, morning runs (when I was fit and training)... hoodies, cool, crisp evenings huddled around the fire pit with my sweetie (R.I.P. sweetheart) and my glass of wine, curled up in a blankie... good times. Yup. Good times:rolleyes:. Can almost smell the footballs in the air.
Brought a tear of appreciation to my eye.

kskboys

Reaction score

Me three!!!!! Love colder weather. Not sub zero, mind you, but I find 20-40 degrees refreshing.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good Morning Pops and friends. I was awfully confused this morning when I woke up and the clock said 7:07. I thought that time was only in the evening. I'm not the morning person I pretend to be at around noon. I'm monitoring my vitals now to keep from going into shock. I also want spring back and lots of it. I look around now at all the green trees, some with flowers even and smile at the sight. I hit an awful depression with fall and winter. To each their own, right?

I guess I'll get busy since I'm up so early. Have a Monday, everyone.