FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. It’s Friday ......for me. Taking 1/2 vac today.The Mrs and I are going to Cosco's n Sam’s today. She gonna load the wagon but don’t really care, I just want to get out. Gonna be sporting my Cowboys mask and Astros cap ;) Gotta support my fave teams.

Have a great weekend friends N be safe :)
Costco AND Sam's in the same day? Holy hero, you add a liquor store to that and I may have to do a Spamtue, a likeness of you carved out of Spam. And when I say likeness, I am not a renown Spamture but I will do my best.

I did one of both of my dogs and they finally agreed not to run away if I promised to stop. I think the male was the most insulted and upset of my rendering. One should draw the line at doing animal genitals in Spam and especially with male dogs that have been fixed and didn't realize it. The shock can be quite unsettling.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and you Thirsty Thursday revelers. I made the journey to Costco in Austin yesterday and that was my first trip since this mess started. Wouldn't you know it, they were out of the item that sent me there in the first place. So, I had to make up for that with more impulse shopping, aka "CC is here"!, to soothe my hurt feelings.

It wasn't bad, I took advantage of Codger Hours and doddered around the store with others. most showing they could almost get a mask over both their nose and their mouth.

Then I returned home to once again discover I do not have enough freezer space for a single man with a shopping problem. The combination of the hoarding and shortages has taken it's toll on one already challenged with enough. "Is that enough? Better get one more". If my wife is looking down on me she's shaking her head and thinking 'it wasn't me. The idiot is still shopping like his imaginary friends actually eat".

So I shoved everything where anything would go into the fridge and freezer and will begin the actual thinking about where it should go. Instead of looking before I go and figuring out what I have space for and what will go where, I just assume I'll make room.

I do the same thing with the pantry. However much space I have, that's what is needed. I think I organize it just to make room for more stuff that will expire. I found a can of soup that actually expired the month before I was born. I think it was Campbell's Cream of Botulism.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and Popsadoodles. Have a good vacation, RGV.

Today is not only Thirsty Thursday, but it's also the day my obscenely unhealthy payload comes in from Amazon. You know you get free shipping over $35 in Pantry. I've been leaving our mail lady cookies from time to time and am down to 1 pack left. She got lots of Chips Ahoy, but never an Oreo. So I ordered some more and the $## came up until free shipping. I didn't want another can of soup, so it went down a rabbit's junk food hole. Today $36.21 plus tax is heading my way today.

I do the compensatory picks as well. I've thrown things out of the freezer to make room for the new stuff. Currently there is no room for a box from Sam's to fit in either freezer. I thought about going back to Sam's, but I've got to eat some stuff first. I think I'll make some taco soup again.

Have a good Thursday everyone!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Costco AND Sam's in the same day? Holy hero, you add a liquor store to that and I may have to do a Spamtue, a likeness of you carved out of Spam. And when I say likeness, I am not a renown Spamture but I will do my best.

I did one of both of my dogs and they finally agreed not to run away if I promised to stop. I think the male was the most insulted and upset of my rendering. One should draw the line at doing animal genitals in Spam and especially with male dogs that have been fixed and didn't realize it. The shock can be quite unsettling.

I think I see where you went wrong here. I see no mention of any pineapple with the spam. That's for sure where the problem here is Coach........

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

I hear ya CC. It’s doubleheader day. Heck I just want to get away. She’ll load up with all kind of goods that we need and some we that don’t. Since I’ve been double dipping, the doubleheaders are not near as bad ;)

Thank you X. So far I’m enjoying my half day vac. Tomorrow I’m going to help my granddaughter remodel her doll house. She wants a new floor and the roof needs patching :)

My grandkids think I can fix anything lol. Whenever one of their toys break, they bring it over for gramps to fix :) .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear ya CC. It’s doubleheader day. Heck I just want to get away. She’ll load up with all kind of goods that we need and some we that don’t. Since I’ve been double dipping, the doubleheaders are not near as bad ;)

Thank you X. So far I’m enjoying my half day vac. Tomorrow I’m going to help my granddaughter remodel her doll house. She wants a new floor and the roof needs patching :)

My grandkids think I can fix anything lol. Whenever one of their toys break, they bring it over for gramps to fix :) .
My grandkids blame me for breaking their toys. Whether I did it or not.

They come to visit, their parents grill them when they get home. "He didn't have any tools around, did he? No hammer or screwdriver and Oh God No, a saw? Tell me you didn't see a saw".

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit the thread.

Well, Wife left for Cali today. She is going to visit here Sister and to see her God Daughters new Baby Girl. I think she's crazy but you can't really tell her anything so off she went. She had originally intended to fly but decided to drive instead. That should be fun!

So anyway, here I am, just me and the dogs for a spell. Can't even go out and get a damn beer. This kinda blows ya'll........

What is up with the AL West? 3-3 is leading the division...... This is going to be a weird race.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all doing well today.

Everybody, be of good cheer, weekend is around the corner! As always, get through today and lets get ready for Friday!

Peace!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit the thread.

Well, Wife left for Cali today. She is going to visit here Sister and to see her God Daughters new Baby Girl. I think she's crazy but you can't really tell her anything so off she went. She had originally intended to fly but decided to drive instead. That should be fun!

So anyway, here I am, just me and the dogs for a spell. Can't even go out and get a damn beer. This kinda blows ya'll........

What is up with the AL West? 3-3 is leading the division...... This is going to be a weird race.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all doing well today.

Everybody, be of good cheer, weekend is around the corner! As always, get through today and lets get ready for Friday!

Peace!
Why can't you go out and get a damn beer? Oh,you mean at a bar. Never mind.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly. I can sit home and drink by myself all day but that's no fun. I rarely ever drink at home by myself. I IDK, just no fun.
I don't even have any alcohol in my house. Hooters just reopened with limited hours, so maybe I'll stop in there tomorrow and have the first drinks I've had since March or April, when they closed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't even have any alcohol in my house. Hooters just reopened with limited hours, so maybe I'll stop in there tomorrow and have the first drinks I've had since March or April, when they closed.

Yeah, I got a liquor cabinet full of all kinds of different stuff, I have cases of my favorite beer and I have a beer fridge that's always stocked, pretty much. I enjoy having a beer or 20 with friends or even just the boys when they come home but it's not the same as going into a local bar, grabbing a stool, BSing with the Bar Tender or regulars. Picking up a pool cue and shooting some stick, just generally unwinding and having fun. You don't get that drinking by yourself at home. Least I don't.

I did go to Hooters last weekend though. Stopped in and took my Wife and two of the Grandboys for lunch. It was OK, you can't sit inside, only patio but it was about 95 w/65% humidity so not great but not so bad. The thing is, because people can't come in until people leave, you really can't just sit and drink. At least, most people don't do that around here. But still, it was good to get out and eat some wings, drink a beer. Go have fun this weekend RW!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. I can sit home and drink by myself all day but that's no fun. I rarely ever drink at home by myself. I IDK, just no fun.
If I don't drink at home by myself I don't get to be different people. So, I rarely end up being just by myself.

I do not drink for effect. I enjoy making cocktails and having a cigar with them and listening to my music. Oh, I'll get a glow but I don't drink for that reason. I never do shots and do not treat imbibing as a social adventure because truth be told, I am not a social creature.

Hard to describe it but all my life, even with people around, I've always felt alone. Not lonely, alone. Lonely happens when I am around others. I have never been one of those people that has to have someone around them and I think I am probably worse about that now than at any time.

So, if I didn't drink alone, I wouldn't drink at all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If I don't drink at home by myself I don't get to be different people. So, I rarely end up being just by myself.

I do not drink for effect. I enjoy making cocktails and having a cigar with them and listening to my music. Oh, I'll get a glow but I don't drink for that reason. I never do shots and do not treat imbibing as a social adventure because truth be told, I am not a social creature.

Hard to describe it but all my life, even with people around, I've always felt alone. Not lonely, alone. Lonely happens when I am around others. I have never been one of those people that has to have someone around them and I think I am probably worse about that now than at any time.

So, if I didn't drink alone, I wouldn't drink at all.

That's not me Coach. I enjoy the social aspects of drinking with friends etc. But I understand how you see it. I've known guys like that. It's just not me is all.