FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y'all who venture here.

Sunday is DST and the movement is on again in Congress to keep it year round and I hope they get that done. This antiquated and harmful chore should have been long gone by now.

Since the goober raised the mandate on businesses being open, the resort here is crawling with people and Spring Break just around the corner. I must say, I do miss the hustle and bustle around here when the season kicks off, been kind of lonely. I don't know exactly what bustle is but I miss it anyway.

Make this the best Thursday, March 11 of the year 2021 of your life.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Greetings from sunny Montana.

We are well into the move and starting those always fun games of, "where did we pack..?" and, of course my personal favorite, "what the heck is this?"

It seems to me that moving households is a perfect time to Zero Base Line and get rid of, well, essentially, everything and start over. My wife doesn't see it that way, so we are unpacking. She has a very clear and undeterred vision of where everything goes and, when appropriate, I will be informed.

So far, my tasks have involved: connecting the TVs to the satellite receiver, hooking up the internet and flattening packing boxes (I am really good at this one). My most important task, though, has been taking the cats outside to "acclimatize" to the new environment.

Back to sunny MT - I couldn't help but notice that central Colorado (particularly around our old location) is buried under 2-3 feet of fresh snow.

Have a great start to your weekend!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Greetings from sunny Montana.

We are well into the move and starting those always fun games of, "where did we pack..?" and, of course my personal favorite, "what the heck is this?"

It seems to me that moving households is a perfect time to Zero Base Line and get rid of, well, essentially, everything and start over. My wife doesn't see it that way, so we are unpacking. She has a very clear and undeterred vision of where everything goes and, when appropriate, I will be informed.

So far, my tasks have involved: connecting the TVs to the satellite receiver, hooking up the internet and flattening packing boxes (I am really good at this one). My most important task, though, has been taking the cats outside to "acclimatize" to the new environment.

Back to sunny MT - I couldn't help but notice that central Colorado (particularly around our old location) is buried under 2-3 feet of fresh snow.

Have a great start to your weekend!
I drove my wife crazy with my "someday I might need this" and then she'd sing "but somedayeyay never comes".

I always made sure to pack up the garage by myself to avoid the incessant and inevitable questions. "What's this tool"? "What's this supposed to do or better yet, what was it supposed to do"? "Hey, why is it totally white on this pegboard behind these tools"? "Why do all of these tools still have the tags hanging on them, you selling them"? "What's this pile of tools still in the blister packs"? "Hey, wow, here's one from the Ace Hardware in Baton Rouge. Didn't we leave their in 1988? We've moved 6 times since then".

I kid you guys a lot but honestly, my handy man rep was legendary among our family and friends. If my sons do any handy man stuff, they tell me they hired it done so as not to embarrass me any further. Little do they know that is one of the things in my life I am proud of. I have two buds with workshops and every time they took me in there, I was like someone looking on an alien world for the first time. The problem was that was me every time. "Wait a minute here. Are you telling me you took that wood and used those implements and built that rocking horse? Danged if you ain't something. I bought one of those and used that time to drink beer and watch football. I am so......ashamed".

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I drove my wife crazy with my "someday I might need this" and then she'd sing "but somedayeyay never comes".

I always made sure to pack up the garage by myself to avoid the incessant and inevitable questions. "What's this tool"? "What's this supposed to do or better yet, what was it supposed to do"? "Hey, why is it totally white on this pegboard behind these tools"? "Why do all of these tools still have the tags hanging on them, you selling them"? "What's this pile of tools still in the blister packs"? "Hey, wow, here's one from the Ace Hardware in Baton Rouge. Didn't we leave their in 1988? We've moved 6 times since then".

I kid you guys a lot but honestly, my handy man rep was legendary among our family and friends. If my sons do any handy man stuff, they tell me they hired it done so as not to embarrass me any further. Little to they know that is one of the things in my life I am proud of. I have two buds with workshops and every time they took me in there, I was like someone looking on an alien world for the first time. The problem was that was me every time. "Wait a minute here. Are you telling me you took that wood and used those implements and built that rocking horse? Danged if you ain't something. I bought one of those and used that time to drink beer and watch football. I am so......ashamed".
My workshop skills resemble a squirrel trying to cross a busy highway.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Hap Sat to all the working folks.

Not much happening this weekend but I got my running around done yesterday and am hunkering down to watch the Hogs play the LSU Tigers today after playing the Missouri Tigers last night, I am sensing a theme here. I don't usually watch much round ball but when your team is doing well in anything, you have a tendency to be a fan......until they lose.

It's a funny thing. I have been a Hog fan my entire life and can't stand the state. Couldn't wait to get the hell out and go to a saner place so I picked New Orleans, if that gives you some idea of my mental prowess.

My Dad did have a funny line when they came down for their first visit. They'd been there for two days and of course, he's observing the fruit of his loins and I am not pretending, I am fully immersed in the N'Awlins lifestyle. We were at the dinner table and he raised his glass and looked at me and said "here's to the devil going back home". In Little Rock, I thought I had been put on this earth for reason, to not let the party die. N'Awlins confirmed that and the best thing I ever did was move to Dallas from there. It's like my poor wife said "it was as if New Orleans had just been waiting for you to complete it". She loved it there, loved me there? Not so much.

I do believe in the voodoo of that city and the tail of the scorpion in the French Quarter. The city is a seductress to me and I was always the willing victim. It is a strange spell she casts over me and my wife and even my older son who spent his 1-4 years there. We called him that night as we watched Katrina ravage that city and we all cried as if we were losing a family member, it is very hard to describe that feeling.

I would like to go back but can't. Too many memories and if I moved back there, too big a chance I become who I was there before. He is still in me, just waiting for the right surroundings to come back out and play. When we lived in Baton Rouge, we'd hang in the Crescent City and my wife would remark how I would change when we were there. She said I like it but only in small doses. She was the spiritual one in our family but didn't truly discover that until we moved to N'Awlins and her spiritual sensory system really opened up.

Last edited: