FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops. Morning, Everyone. I see the new schedule is out. I don't believe the league manipulates it but, boy did we get it tough at the end. Not necessarily the teams, but 3 out of 4 away games in cold weather. Plus, all of last year's teams on the schedule that were in the playoffs, we play at their home. Mmm Mmm Mmmmm.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops. Morning, Everyone. I see the new schedule is out. I don't believe the league manipulates it but, boy did we get it tough at the end. Not necessarily the teams, but 3 out of 4 away games in cold weather. Plus, all of last year's teams on the schedule that were in the playoffs, we play at their home. Mmm Mmm Mmmmm.
They know they need to give us as much of a disadvantage as possible this year!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and Popsadoodles. Something weird happened in Xelda world recently. My sister became a doctor. The words look like a lie to my eyes, but she did. I asked momma if she was disappointed in me and my brother now. Of course not! My brother has half a dozen degrees in history, so... I said I guess I should go back to college. She asked me what I would be interested in studying. RECESS, a subject I'm well versed in and have done years of intensive study on. Henceforth, I'm not going back to a classroom any time soon or late or later or ever. I'm happy to be the Cowboy's fan in the family.

I was listening to Runny's and my song this morning so I wanted to share with the class.

Don't forget our first game is in Tom Brady's house. They're trying to break our spirit, but they don't understand just how resilient this fan base is.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and Popsadoodles. Something weird happened in Xelda world recently. My sister became a doctor. The words look like a lie to my eyes, but she did. I asked momma if she was disappointed in me and my brother now. Of course not! My brother has half a dozen degrees in history, so... I said I guess I should go back to college. She asked me what I would be interested in studying. RECESS, a subject I'm well versed in and have done years of intensive study on. Henceforth, I'm not going back to a classroom any time soon or late or later or ever. I'm happy to be the Cowboy's fan in the family.

I was listening to Runny's and my song this morning so I wanted to share with the class.

Don't forget our first game is in Tom Brady's house. They're trying to break our spirit, but they don't understand just how resilient this fan base is.

That was awesome, X! I'm glad they had it closed captioned though. I never would've caught all that.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning Pops and peeps. Congrats to your sister, Xelda. But you will always be our favorite child.

The first mini-camp practice is today. I hope the press is allowed so we have something to read about the new kids. Film would be nice too.

Have a great Friday, Y'all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning Jobs. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in and visit this thread.

Welcome to Friday folks. Hope everybody has a great weekend coming up. Looks like the theater has opened up here so I'm thinking I'm gonna take my Wife out to a Movie this weekend. Not sure what's playing but we'll just pick one and go. Maybe grab some supper along the way.

Need to go grab some batteries for the Dodge. That's probably another 300 bucks. Been sitting too long, gonna need to get it squared away, Wife would like to get a new camp trailer and that means getting the Diesel ready to go. Sigh.......

Everybody, I hope you all have a great weekend. If you find the time, go treat yourselves. Maybe go buy a scoop or two of Ice Cream and sit outside and enjoy it. I did that with the Boys this week and it was the best 30 minutes I've spent in a long time.

OK, gonna leave you with this on a Friday. This is a tune I kind of always come back to. Off the album, Surfing With The Alien, This is Joe Satriani with his hit, "Always With Me, Always With You". This song was released in Oct. of 1987 and what's interesting about this song is that it was cut on an extremely low budget. When Satriani did this album, almost all of the guitar work on this album was improvised on the spot. That's not normal. But the results are unquestionable as this song is considered one of the best Instrumental pieces of all time. So here you go, Satriani with his tune, Always With Me, Always With You.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I know, I just don't understand. Have gas stations been shut down there?

Here, it's not so bad. We make it right down the road so we can just load it into tankers and get it here in a few hours. Back East, your way, I'm not so sure. I guess I should ask if you guys are seeing fuel shortages at all?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here, it's not so bad. We make it right down the road so we can just load it into tankers and get it here in a few hours. Back East, your way, I'm not so sure. I guess I should ask if you guys are seeing fuel shortages at all?
Haven't had any problem at all getting gas. It was really cheap all last year too.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Haven't had any problem at all getting gas. It was really cheap all last year too.

No, like since the Colonial Pipeline got hacked/shut down. In the last week or so. I'm guess no!

As far as price, it's gone up at least .50 since a gallon in the last few months, here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, like since the Colonial Pipeline got hacked/shut down. In the last week or so. I'm guess no!

As far as price, it's gone up at least .50 since a gallon in the last few months, here.
Yeah, the price has gone up recently.