FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey, @Runwildboys how is the flooding in your area? Seemingly lost in the Ida reporting is the historic rains and flooding in the NE.
First thing I did this morning was check the basement. No water at all, except where it came down the chimney. But there are a lot of flooded areas nearby, and we had 2 drivers going to Long Island this morning, and 1 going to NYC...All 3 had to turn around and come back because they couldn't get there.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
First thing I did this morning was check the basement. No water at all, except where it came down the chimney. But there are a lot of flooded areas nearby, and we had 2 drivers going to Long Island this morning, and 1 going to NYC...All 3 had to turn around and come back because they couldn't get there.

Good to hear you are safe!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Santa is the only thing that comes down my chimney. The first time I was hiding and scared the pee out of him but that was as close as water got to coming down the chimney. He gave me coal so I didn't do that again. For a jolly guy, he doesn't have such a great sense of humor.

Xelda

Reaction score
Santa is the only thing that comes down my chimney. The first time I was hiding and scared the pee out of him but that was as close as water got to coming down the chimney. He gave me coal so I didn't do that again. For a jolly guy, he doesn't have such a great sense of humor.
Santa Clausing is serious business. I would have checked that coal to make sure it wasn't used. Used coal is the worst of the worst.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Glad you're well.
I do know some local units were dispatched to help with the storm. A lot of water.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Hello, Zoners. Sorry I haven't been around lately. I mentioned my Mother-in-Law was in the hospital. It went from bad to worse and she is now home under hospice care. I love that woman like my own Mother, but all we can do is try to make her comfortable until she passes.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Hello, Zoners. Sorry I haven't been around lately. I mentioned my Mother-in-Law was in the hospital. It went from bad to worse and she is now home under hospice care. I love that woman like my own Mother, but all we can do is try to make her comfortable until she passes.

So sorry to hear, Leon… I have too much experience with hospice… ‘nuf said. Will say a prayer for her, you and your family.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry to hear that but I hope you get as good hospice care as we got with my wife. Absolute angels on earth and I don't know how my family would have gotten through that without them.

Leon, when we were in PA, my wife was part of Make-A-Wish and the part I would have never taken on, the granting of wishes and working directly with the families. I asked her one time "why invite the pain? Isn't there enough around without taking on terminally ill children?" She just looked at me and said "I am just helping angels get back home early".

That's what hospice people are, they're angels on earth. They just help others get home on time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sorry to hear it, Dix. I hope she can enjoy the time she has left

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that, Leon. A prayer heading you and your family's way.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your prayers. Mom passed last evening. Hospice staff was amazing, as was the sheriff's deputy who came out to collect the morphine, etc. Mom is comfortable at last and we will carry on with her in our hearts. Thank you, again.