FEATURED Morning Pops!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and peeps. We got home from California yesterday afternoon. We took the birthday party to Fort Bragg, which is an ocean-side town in Northern California. It's beautiful up there. The state is plagued with wildfires and smoke, but it didn't stop the partying. I am sooooooooo glad to be home.

Evening Pops and pals. The Mrs and I were in Northern California 3 weeks ago working on the bucket checklist. Redwoods-check.

The drive from Washington state to California was extremely scenic.

Take care friends.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Good morning, Pops and pen pals. I mowed the front forty yesterday morning before it got too hot. Have to do the back forty this morning.
My 90-year-old MIL is in the hospital. Her blood pressure went over 200 and her oxygen level was low. They drained three cups of fluid from her right lung. She is doing much better as of last night, but I worry about fluid building up in her lungs again. Prayers would be appreciated if you are so inclined.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning, Pops and pen pals. I mowed the front forty yesterday morning before it got too hot. Have to do the back forty this morning.
My 90-year-old MIL is in the hospital. Her blood pressure went over 200 and her oxygen level was low. They drained three cups of fluid from her right lung. She is doing much better as of last night, but I worry about fluid building up in her lungs again. Prayers would be appreciated if you are so inclined.
Sending up…

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Evening Pops and pals. The Mrs and I were in Northern California 3 weeks ago working on the bucket checklist. Redwoods-check.

The drive from Washington state to California was extremely scenic.

Take care friends.
Love the redwoods... next time you're in the Pacific NW, take interstate 90 west through Idaho and western Montana. Beautiful scenery and, as you pass through Missoula, MT, you'll only be a couple of hours south of us.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and peeps.

Amazing X 1,000. I was in awe the whole time and hated leaving. Almost feel as though I left a family member behind lol.
It’s as if you step into a sound proof room it was so quiet or maybe my vision went into overload that my hearing was turned off. Can’t wait to go back.
To me, it's like stepping into the Jurassic period. Like you said, quiet, and also being dwarfed by your surroundings. I like solitude at times and there is no better place to feel that than a redwood forest.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and peeps.

To me, it's like stepping into the Jurassic period. Like you said, quiet, and also being dwarfed by your surroundings. I like solitude at times and there is no better place to feel that than a redwood forest.

The quietness overcame the tinnitus, if that makes any sense. I’m still in awe. Oh yeah the Jurassic period no doubt. Pictures do no justice but does give a little glimpse of how impressive the redwoods are. The trail we took hardly had any people. Almost felt as though we had it to ourselves.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

Continuing the discussion about the redwoods and, more generally, the beauty of forests, our morning started with very heavy fog. We sit on top of a hill and are completely surrounded by fir, pine and larch trees. The fog adds a certain stillness and eerieness to the forest.

Mornings like this beg for a hot cup of tea and a comfy chair on the balcony.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Never been to Cali, and have no desire to go, but those redwoods sound amazing!!! Washington and Oregon have always been on my list of "wanna visits" along with the Northeast (Maine, RI, Mass., etc.) Someday... when that right person wants to go along with me.

Set out this morning to find a route to work by bicycle. About 35 minutes, barring any delays because of trains or barge traffic, hopefully neither of which would be happening between 0600 and 0630. Getting there was easy enough, minus the bumpy hill at the beginning of the ride. Round trip, just over 10 miles. After gave myself a little foot pampering treatment. Tomorrow morning I will set out on another route that will be a little longer, but probably a little safer so would be worth the extra distance provided the hill is not as bumpy as the one from this morning. Unfortunately I live above the hill so getting there will be easier than the coming home. I was able to climb the hill on the way back without stopping, but I barely made it. Mostly a long, low grade hill half way and then it got steeper. I'll take it as a "win" that I was strong enough to make it up the hill the first try without having to walk the bike. The hill tomorrow is shorter, but a little steeper, but again, probably worth the safer journey. I can always reroute to another hill. I have options, and options are always good. Time to go map out that route now that I'm thinking about it.

Looking forward to escaping to Wisconsin in about three weeks. That trip is still on for now so I am getting into planning mode. Assuming he is still wanting to go, I'll check with Sam this weekend to see how we are getting there (my car or his truck) and will then decide if I'll take the bike with me. He may be bringing the dogs so in that case we would likely bring the truck. I won't take this trip on my own so... there's that.

I'm rambling. Lots of energy and nowhere to use it right now. Too hot to be outdoors now (early morning was super humid already) so maybe I'll spend time in the lower level of the house doing some housework, not that there's much to do. Have a small pork roast in the crockpot that will later today become pulled pork sandwiches for the next few days. Yup. That's all I've got for now.

Everyone enjoy your weekend, be well and stay safe!!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning Pops and pen pals. I'm home after two days in the hospital. My lips, left arm, and left leg began to tingle and feel a little numb, so I drove myself to the emergency room. A cat scan, MRI sonograms of the heart and carotid all came back normal, as did all my blood work. I told the doc that I had been taking duloxetine, an anti-depressant, for two years until about two weeks ago when I stopped it. I suspected what I was experiencing was a withdrawal symptom. In the end, she said I might have been right.
The quietness overcame the tinnitus, if that makes any sense. I’m still in awe. Oh yeah the Jurassic period no doubt. Pictures do no justice but does give a little glimpse of how impressive the redwoods are. The trail we took hardly had any people. Almost felt as though we had it to ourselves.
I would never have suspected it to quiet the tinnitus. That must have been a relief for the time you were there.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and pen pals. I'm home after two days in the hospital. My lips, left arm, and left leg began to tingle and feel a little numb, so I drove myself to the emergency room. A cat scan, MRI sonograms of the heart and carotid all came back normal, as did all my blood work. I told the doc that I had been taking duloxetine, an anti-depressant, for two years until about two weeks ago when I stopped it. I suspected what I was experiencing was a withdrawal symptom. In the end, she said I might have been right.

I would never have suspected it to quiet the tinnitus. That must have been a relief for the time you were there.
You "might" have been right? I hope that means it's gone now! If it were just your arm and leg, I would've thought maybe you had a pinched nerve in your neck, but I've never heard of someone's lips going numb unless a dentist was involved...but I imagine that wouldn't preclude the possibility. Here's hoping that's the last of the detrimental effects of withdrawal.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Good morning Pops and friends. Good to hear the test results came back normal Leon.
Hoping and praying the best for all those in the path of hurricane Ida. It turned into a monster over night. Living near the gulf coast is tough this time of year.