FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
G’head. Look them up. I’d rather hear either of those than Tip Toe Through the Tulips. That one grates on me…
Hey, cheer up, got "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" and Barking Dogs "Jingle Bells" just waiting to show up. The only thing worse for me is that lame Mariah Carey and McCartney's Christmas songs, brings out the Scrooge in me. And let's not forget the little lisping rodents, The Chipmunks.

kskboys

Reaction score
And we are still here for you, that's what Pops People do. I also share your frustration and suspicions and have seen this first hand. Terminal cancer patients are perishables to the oncology companies.

In my complicated world of the combination of the randomness of life mixed with things do happen for a reason, this falls under the latter. I know I was drawn to this thread for a reason but I really didn't know what it was, it really didn't fit my MO as a poster leaning on and to the absurdity of life. For all I know, this thread was the reason I came here, I was meant to find it for I would need it someday.

The Pops thread is my "shelter from the storm", it is the cool side of the pillow when I need it and the warmth of a fire when the bitter wind of reality blows.
I'm here to flirt w/ all the hotties!!!!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I sure hate to do this to y'all, but last night was a LOL-apaloosa dream. I met a man that had a horse that was extremely valuable, as in Secretariat's racing days value. It was gorgeous and solid black. The horse had a winning personality as well, sort of like a puppy. I soon understood why he loved the horse so. He had family that dropped in on him and one of the youngest girls wanted to pet the horse, but she had the virus. He tried to keep his horse from her, but she got too close and infected the horse. In no time at all, the horse died. The man was inconsolable and I was so mad at the kid that I left and went somewhere else. Randomness and dreams go hand in hand.

The somewhere else was truly somewhere else. I met a woman with a mental disorder. At first I thought she was ok, but I eventually caught her and her daughter in a fight. She started writing on things the nature of her perceived slight and putting things in boxes to catalog her misfortune. The daughter threw a tantrum, so she ripped a piece of paper and wrote on it for that particular spat and put it in a box. She also had about 2 foot worth of water pumped into her house and would swim around as her daughter sat on the couch watching tv. I decided to leave and went for my luggage which was under a tall bed. There were several lit candles under there and I started putting them out for safety and then relit them to stop the madness.

Fortunately the dream ended there or who knows what I would have found next. Some of these new found friends are crazy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I sure hate to do this to y'all, but last night was a LOL-apaloosa dream. I met a man that had a horse that was extremely valuable, as in Secretariat's racing days value. It was gorgeous and solid black. The horse had a winning personality as well, sort of like a puppy. I soon understood why he loved the horse so. He had family that dropped in on him and one of the youngest girls wanted to pet the horse, but she had the virus. He tried to keep his horse from her, but she got too close and infected the horse. In no time at all, the horse died. The man was inconsolable and I was so mad at the kid that I left and went somewhere else. Randomness and dreams go hand in hand.

The somewhere else was truly somewhere else. I met a woman with a mental disorder. At first I thought she was ok, but I eventually caught her and her daughter in a fight. She started writing on things the nature of her perceived slight and putting things in boxes to catalog her misfortune. The daughter threw a tantrum, so she ripped a piece of paper and wrote on it for that particular spat and put it in a box. She also had about 2 foot worth of water pumped into her house and would swim around as her daughter sat on the couch watching tv. I decided to leave and went for my luggage which was under a tall bed. There were several lit candles under there and I started putting them out for safety and then relit them to stop the madness.

Fortunately the dream ended there or who knows what I would have found next. Some of these new found friends are crazy.
Yes, "they" are! These are more like the type of dreams I have, especially the swimming in the living room part.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
On my behalf, yesterday was my sister's birthday. She's not speaking to me over another imagined infraction. I'm content with the arrangement because it gives me more peace in my life.

I’m so over my family. My brother is mad at me because I wouldn’t let him move in. My mom is mad at me because my sister told her I was going out of town for Thanksgiving so she thinks I’m doing that when I “can’t find time to visit” her. Oh, yeah... I’m not going out of town. My sister set me up. She’s doing Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday at 3pm… I happen to have a job and will be at work. Thanks for nothing. Decided I am tapping out of the holidays this year altogether (except where the grandkids are concerned). These people just suck.

Xelda

Reaction score
I’m so over my family. My brother is mad at me because I wouldn’t let him move in. My mom is mad at me because my sister told her I was going out of town for Thanksgiving so she thinks I’m doing that when I “can’t find time to visit” her. Oh, yeah... I’m not going out of town. My sister set me up. She’s doing Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday at 3pm… I happen to have a job and will be at work. Thanks for nothing. Decided I am tapping out of the holidays this year altogether (except where the grandkids are concerned). These people just suck.
You are all grown and you don't owe any of them space in YOUR HOME. You have saved yourself quite a bit of money feeding him as well. Your mom didn't check your side of the story and trusted your sister. Wrong on a few levels right there. They are all banished to the Eagles fans quadrant of the NFL (can't get worse).

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, Jan. We are here for you. I told my dream because it was quite vivid, wacky and really bothered me. At least you don't deal with crazy relatives in your sleep from Picasso like dreams.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
You are all grown and you don't owe any of them space in YOUR HOME. You have saved yourself quite a bit of money feeding him as well. Your mom didn't check your side of the story and trusted your sister. Wrong on a few levels right there. They are all banished to the Eagles fans quadrant of the NFL (can't get worse).

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, Jan. We are here for you. I told my dream because it was quite vivid, wacky and really bothered me. At least you don't deal with crazy relatives in your sleep from Picasso like dreams.

From where I sit, they are missing out. If all they are going to do is bring negativity to my life they can just waste their time being angry away from me. I really don’t want all that bad mood around me… because I think I’m pretty awesome. I’ve also decided this will be the last “holidays” I spend alone. Next year may be another year of BIG decisions for me. Depending on how things work out here with “Sam”, I may just decide to quit my job, sell my house and move to VA. I have a lot of plates spinning right now so we’ll see what lands where.