FEATURED Morning Pops!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Friends,

We're under a winter storm warning beginning this evening: 6+ inches of snow along with temperatures in the high teens. Perfect weather for a warm fireplace and a big glass of red wine.

Evening Pops and friends. I just got through mowing and edging the yard. Can’t get the weed eater started. Mosquitoes just found me.
Why do they call it daylight saving time? Dusk to Dawn light just came on lol little after 5.
Back to the weed eater. Later friends.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Evening Pops and friends. I just got through mowing and edging the yard. Can’t get the weed eater started. Mosquitoes just found me.
Why do they call it daylight saving time? Dusk to Dawn light just came on lol little after 5.
May a herd of hungry goats find your domicile in the dead of night.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This time of year, it should be called “Daylight Wasting Time”!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“ Daylight Wasting Time” is exactly right.

Bob Hayes is my favorite professional athlete of all time. Back when I was a kid, everyone pretended to be him and wanted to run for the bomb. The original “22” ;)
Bullet Bob was my first sports hero as a kid. I had a poster of him on my wall. I still remember his pigeon toed way of walking between plays. He didn’t look fast. Then the play started and his speed was just stunning.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He paid his dues and admitted his failures. Bullet Bob! #1 ;)
There was always mystery surrounding that entire situation and even Landry questioned how that went down. He was skeptical of the details and Bullet's involvement. Or Tom couldn't accept on of his guys would do that, Schramm's job was to keep Landry in the dark about some of the exploits of his players. He knew his tolerance level for that was not good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bullet Bob was my first sports hero as a kid. I had a poster of him on my wall. I still remember his pigeon toed way of walking between plays. He didn’t look fast. Then the play started and his speed was just stunning.
I was a sprinter so he was a sports hero of mine and I watched every game they broadcast of Florida A&M because of him and he made that transition to the NFL better than the others because he was already a force in football. Hell, watching him was not easy as all the other players, and you can imagine the competition at that level, made him look like a blur.

One player made one of the most significant changes to NFL defenses in history and was responsible for the creation of the zone defense. The problem for them was the coach that wanted Bullet in the first place was a defensive guru and had already anticipated how they would have to cover him because his own secondary couldn't cover him.

It wasn't just his speed that impressed me, it was his ability to control his body, particularly his eyes which were problems for other sprinters, and adjust to the ball.

Staubach had a good arm but not a strong one and I knew when he was throwing to Bullet because he would have to release it earlier. Could you imagine Bullet in an offense with a QB with the arms of Allen or Mahomes?

I remember Aikman commenting when Galloway first got there that he could not outthrow him. Meaning he would turn it loose at the snap and Galloway would run it down.

There have been a lot of fast WR's since Bullet but none have been able to match his ypc because he was the original and it took time to figure him out and when they did it was play against the rest of the offense with 9 players.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I was a sprinter so he was a sports hero of mine and I watched every game they broadcast of Florida A&M because of him and he made that transition to the NFL better than the others because he was already a force in football. Hell, watching him was not easy as all the other players, and you can imagine the competition at that level, made him look like a blur.

One player made one of the most significant changes to NFL defenses in history and was responsible for the creation of the zone defense. The problem for them was the coach that wanted Bullet in the first place was a defensive guru and had already anticipated how they would have to cover him because his own secondary couldn't cover him.

I wasn't just his speed that impressed me, it was his ability to control his body, particularly his eyes which were problems for other sprinters, and adjust to the ball.

Staubach had a good arm but not a strong one and I knew when he was throwing to Bullet because he would have to release it earlier. Could you imagine Bullet in an offense with a QB with the arms of Allen or Mahomes?

I remember Aikman commenting when Galloway first got there that he could not outthrow him. Meaning he would turn it loose at the snap and Galloway would run it down.

There have been a lot of fast WR's since Bullet but none have been able to match his ypc because he was the original and it took time to figure him out and when they did it was play against the rest of the offense with 9 players.
I think Roger's arm was very strong.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. How the heck is everyone? All is well here and will be even better after Thursday when I get my eye injections. There is good news on that front. The FDA has approved a new delivery system for the medicine, Instead of monthly injections, the ophthalmologist implans a sack the size of a grain of rice in the eye (sounds uncomfortable, but they say you don't notice it) and it continuously dispenses the drug for six months. The system is proprietary, and the medicine is a different brand. I'm debating giving it a try.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. Caffeine has not kicked in, I require more. I just got a text reminder for a doctor's appointment I'd forgotten all about. Oh well, cancel that and Merry Christmas to me. Don't worry, it's a follow up visit for the scan I cancelled.

I don't know about this new drug, Leon. How will the eye krispies affect your behavior? Do you get new super powers with it? Do we have a new, improved more critical spell checker? Just know what you're getting into before you ride that donkey off into the sunset.

Don't forget the DC commandment: Never speak ill of Roger the dodger. Not even a little!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weather. Mine is good, it's 64 outside and should never get colder than that. It will, but it shouldn't. Have a good day all.