FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good evening Pops and Zoner Friends

We got all our Christmas decorations up including stringing lights on several of the fir trees around the house. And, I might add, it looks really good. With a lot of snow on the horizon, it truly feels like Christmas.

I dropped by my local gun shop a couple days ago -- just window shopping for potential presents for me. There was a gentleman at the counter discussing home defense with the sales rep. The gentleman was obviously new to Montana and a bit unsure what he wanted. The sales rep was trying to interest him in a shotgun. Finally, the sales rep played the characteristic sound of a pump shotgun being cocked and said, "... ain't nobody around these parts mistakes that sound, they'd be a bunch of dumb sunny beaches to hang around after you pull this baby out".

I feel safer already.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Jealous of those of you who will get snow for Christmas this year. Nothing in the near future here, unlike last year. In fact, next week we’re expecting temps ranging from the mid fifties to the upper sixties. Crazy Midwest. Just never know what you’re gonna get. No matter, I decided to start packing and bought a round trip ticket to VA. First time in a good 7 years I’ll have Christmas with some of those grands, and first time ever for a couple of them. Looking forward to the (short) trip even though I have to be back at work on the 27th.

Anyone else making plans to get away for the holiday???

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Jealous of those of you who will get snow for Christmas this year. Nothing in the near future here, unlike last year. In fact, next week we’re expecting temps ranging from the mid fifties to the upper sixties. Crazy Midwest. Just never know what you’re gonna get. No matter, I decided to start packing and bought a round trip ticket to VA. First time in a good 7 years I’ll have Christmas with some of those grands, and first time ever for a couple of them. Looking forward to the (short) trip even though I have to be back at work on the 27th.

Safe journey, Jan. We're staying put for Christmas and, I might add, looking forward to it. There is a chance that family from Calgary will drive down for a few days -- only about a 5.5 hour drive. Of course, it all depends on weather

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and everyone. TGIF/TGIR. Coach, I was passing time reading a rewiew of NUB cigars. They said they capture the sweet spot of the cigar from beginning to end. Have you ever tried them?
Nope, never tried them... my dad smoked cigars. He bought them for about $0.10 each... really rancid, kind of like a smoldering, sweaty gym sock. He claimed it helped his digestion.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and everyone. TGIF/TGIR. Coach, I was passing time reading a rewiew of NUB cigars. They said they capture the sweet spot of the cigar from beginning to end. Have you ever tried them?
That is one of my "house" cigars and it is exactly as they sell it. I was skeptical before I tried them because it's still a cigar, only shorter. It's like ordering a steak at a high end steakhouse and they tell you we're going to charge you full price but we're only serving you the meat, the bone and fat will not be on the plate. They do a good job and are the most consistent cigar in my humidor.

My Dad smoked the pre-rolled cigars like White Owl and they smelled funky.

When I quit cigarettes in 1993, I decided to try real hand rolled cigars and up until then my wife didn't like the smell of a cigar and a cigarette less. She made me smoke outside and run around because if I came in smelling of smoke, she'd send me back out or make gagging sounds until I did that on my own. But she really liked the aroma of really well made cigars not machine pressed and made like cigarettes with all the junk in them. However, when I told her that one of my cigars, my newfound vice to add to the stable, cost as much as a carton of cigarettes, I got "the look". I was well trained to "the look", I could feel it when I was out of town. I also realized any comments I might even think of making about how much she paid for her designer cosmetics were over forever.

Last edited:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Good morning Pops and friends. Safe travels Jan. Enjoy your time with loved ones.
No special plans to travel here. Our kids and gkids all live within 3 miles of us. Our parents are gone so no need to travel during the holidays.
Next year we’re planning to do a little traveling. The redwoods again and probably a few other places.
Have a great day friends.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
That is one of my "house" cigars and it is exactly as they sell it. I was skeptical before I tried them because it's still a cigar, only shorter. It's like ordering a steak at a high end steakhouse and they tell you we're going to charge you full price but we're only serving you the meat, the bone and fat will not be on the plate. They do a good job and are the most consistent cigar in my humidor.

My Dad smoked the pre-rolled cigars like White Owl and they smelled funky.

When I quit cigarettes in 1993, I decided to try real hand rolled cigars and up until then my wife didn't like the smell of a cigar and a cigarette less. She made me smoke outside and run around because if I came in smelling of smoke, she'd send me back out or make gagging sounds until I did that on my own. But she really liked the aroma of really well made cigars not machine pressed and made like cigarettes with all the junk in them. However, when I told her that one of my cigars, my newfound vice to add to the stable, cost as much as a carton of cigarettes, I got "the look". I was well trained to "the look", I could feel it when I was out of town. I also realized any comments I might even think of making about how much she paid for her designer cosmetics were over forever.
Wise choice!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I'm not going anywhere for Christmas but wish you a wonderful visit, Jan. I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas. I wish me one too. I know better than to ask Santa for a brand new BMW, somehow it is always interpreted into socks. Santa always had a way of pizzing me off. Yes, I was a brat, moving on. He needs better interpreters. Maybe I'll ask for that this year and next year spring the car request on him. Get the North Pole sitche-ated proper like. If I can pull it off, you are all welcome.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

So thankful there’s something called “weekend” or “day off”. This was one of the worst weeks I’ve had at work in a long while. Kind of backs up the thought that I may need to start looking elsewhere. My nerves and sanity can’t handle the b.s. anymore that comes with working for lawyers. Been doing this since high school… 35+ years… folks, I’m tired.

Follow up CT this coming week in Iowa city, and temps look to be in the upper 50s, low 60s and at some point even possibly reach 70. Odd winter weather for the Midwest to be sure. Honestly, my lawn could use another mowing, but I’m resisting.

Have a great weekend y’all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and those of you not looking like Pinhead yesterday, author excluded. Made my first visit to my new best friend Rebecca of Needles, my acupuncturist for my first session and i learned two things.

One, she has as endless supply of various size needles and one should not make her laugh when inserting them. I didn't learn after the first time and did it again and she said "you're so funny, I am looking forward to treating you" to which I replied "where can you stick one in the beginning next time to temporarily disable my sense of humor. I may bleed out"? Fortunately, she was between insertions or I might be writing this from the hospital.

My wife used to tell me that I was the funniest person she'd ever met but I lacked a governor on my sense of humor on when and where to use it. I think I heard laughter from Heaven during my treatment.

I am trying to become the Robin Hood of cancer with so many arrows in my quiver. I am also adding another Monkey Paw device next week. I have got so many different things going on that if I were to beat this back, I wouldn't be able to tell anyone what worked. I was just too busy with treatments to die. Too many people dependent on me for a living.

And, of course, none of this is covered by any of my insurance. The cute chick at the acupuncturist's called Aetna and they said no but tell him that offer for hospice and just to lay down and stop bothering us in still on the table.

Ya know what's funny? Everything. It really is if you just give it a chance and open that part that lives within all of us but too many try to keep it hidden. We only go around once, might as well go laughing.

Jan, stress is high but find some amusing moments to laugh about it. Tell yourself lawyer jokes.

What's the definition of a tragedy? 8 dead lawyers in an Escalade at the bottom of the river. Everyone knows Escalades hold 9 people.