FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and those of you not looking like Pinhead yesterday, author excluded. Made my first visit to my new best friend Rebecca of Needles, my acupuncturist for my first session and i learned two things.

One, she has as endless supply of various size needles and one should not make her laugh when inserting them. I didn't learn after the first time and did it again and she said "you're so funny, I am looking forward to treating you" to which I replied "where can you stick one in the beginning next time to temporarily disable my sense of humor. I may bleed out"? Fortunately, she was between insertions or I might be writing this from the hospital.

My wife used to tell me that I was the funniest person she'd ever met but I lacked a governor on my sense of humor on when and where to use it. I think I heard laughter from Heaven during my treatment.

I am trying to become the Robin Hood of cancer with so many arrows in my quiver. I am also adding another Monkey Paw device next week. I have got so many different things going on that if I were to beat this back, I wouldn't be able to tell anyone what worked. I was just too busy with treatments to die. Too many people dependent on me for a living.

And, of course, none of this is covered by any of my insurance. The cute chick at the acupuncturist's called Aetna and they said no but tell him that offer for hospice and just to lay down and stop bothering us in still on the table.

Ya know what's funny? Everything. It really is if you just give it a chance and open that part that lives within all of us but too many try to keep it hidden. We only go around once, might as well go laughing.

Jan, stress is high but find some amusing moments to laugh about it. Tell yourself lawyer jokes.

What's the definition of a tragedy? 8 dead lawyers in an Escalade at the bottom of the river. Everyone knows Escalades hold 9 people.

:laugh:
What's black and tan and looks good on a lawyer? A Doberman

I should’ve known I could count on this:laugh: group for lawyer humor

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Day turned out okay... and although I like seeing the "W" (win, not Washington) at the end of the game, I really wish this team would quit dilly-dallying around when they take a lead in the game. Keep pounding away and stop being so damn sloppy! We are notorious for gifting games to other teams when we've had a lead, but daaaang... can we not for once? The scoring by the opposing team in the last five minutes of the game... 'Nuf said. I'll take the win, but geez guys. Sure have a knack for winning ugly.

Anyway, mid-fifties for temps tomorrow, so packed up and I'm ready to make the ride to work in the morning. Probably in the thirties on the way in, but the ride home in the evening should be slightly more comfortable... and dark :confused:. No matter. Been slacking on getting my miles in so gonna walk for an hour in the morning then ride in. I'll be beat by the time I get home tomorrow night, for sure, but I will be equally happy I put in the work! Should be good for 13-14 miles at the end of the day when all is said and done.

You all have a nice evening.

Good night.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

Interesting weather last night and continuing this morning -- 50-60 mph winds with rain and sleet followed by hail and now snow. The temperature dropped from about 30 F to 18 F in under an hour. If four horsemen show-up, I am hiding in the basement.

Hey, here's one good thing with this wild weather... grizzlies are most likely hibernating. Most likely.

We are planning a pre-Christmas party for our neighbors this Saturday. This is something we do every year and, in many cases, it is the only time we see some of our neighbors. My wife has decorated our home, we have an enormous menu of hor d'oeuvres and I am responsible for the adult beverages. Yippee!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Interesting weather last night and continuing this morning -- 50-60 mph winds with rain and sleet followed by hail and now snow. The temperature dropped from about 30 F to 18 F in under an hour. If four horsemen show-up, I am hiding in the basement.

Hey, here's one good thing with this wild weather... grizzlies are most likely hibernating. Most likely.

We are planning a pre-Christmas party for our neighbors this Saturday. This is something we do every year and, in many cases, it is the only time we see some of our neighbors. My wife has decorated our home, we have an enormous menu of hor d'oeuvres and I am responsible for the adult beverages. Yippee!!!
I was always responsible for adult beverages and they had to assign someone to be responsible for me. They eventually ran out of volunteers.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

And we didn't get an invite???

kskboys

Reaction score

Not including directions to your house is an affront to us all!!!

Smart, but still an affront!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It’s been in the upper 70s in North Texas most of December which I hate. Maybe I’m part Canadian or something but I like having some weather below 40 degrees in the winter months as long as there’s no ice involved. Texans absolutely don’t know how to drive on ice and snow.

So Colo C- what time is the party Saturday and should we dress up? I can bring the tequila and limes…

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
It’s been in the upper 70s in North Texas most of December which I hate. Maybe I’m part Canadian or something but I like having some weather below 40 degrees in the winter months as long as there’s no ice involved. Texans absolutely don’t know how to drive on ice and snow.

So Colo C- what time is the party Saturday and should we dress up? I can bring the tequila and limes…
I hate really cold weather, but this has even been too warm for me.

kskboys

Reaction score

Whiskey makes my baby...

FEEL A LITTLE FRISKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

15 F (and that's the likely high for today), snowing and I am running pre-party errands. Good thing my assault vehicle has 4WD.

My wife asked, "Do you think the weather will deter our guests this weekend?" My, "I sure hope so" response earned me a trip to the dog house. Hence, running errands.

And, by some miracle, the Cowboy's game is broadcast this weekend in our area. Let's hope Santa put a little offense in the Cowboy's stocking.

:laugh: