FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

Fall is just around the corner. A few trees are starting to show a color change and, by the middle of next week, daytime temperatures will drop to the mid-60's with nighttime lows in the 40's.

We've had a great summer, moderate temperatures, limited wildlife fires, and an abundance of rain in May and June. Although, it has been bone dry since early July.

What I am saying is this - time for football, fireplaces and fall!

On an unrelated topic, I am thinking of dropping my Dish subscription. With our new Starlink internet connection, we finally have download speeds fast enough to stream. How best to stream the Cowboy's games? Anyone familiar with YouTube TV?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Fall is just around the corner. A few trees are starting to show a color change and, by the middle of next week, daytime temperatures will drop to the mid-60's with nighttime lows in the 40's.

We've had a great summer, moderate temperatures, limited wildlife fires, and an abundance of rain in May and June. Although, it has been bone dry since early July.

On an unrelated topic, I am thinking of dropping my Dish subscription. With our new Starlink internet connection, we finally have download speeds fast enough to stream. How best to stream the Cowboy's games? Anyone familiar with YouTube TV?
This probably isn't the best Zone for that question. I'd suggest starting a thread in Off Topic.

I feel like I should've written this post with an echo, considering how empty this thread's been lately.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There is a Cut the Cord thread in the OTZ and several of the members here use various streaming services. I still use DirecTV but have Roku for accessing Apple+, Disney+ and HBOMax.

Good timing since streaming has overtaken cable after passing network the previous year.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I've been without internet for two weeks. I made friends with people in the Caribbean, (not so much) in India, Canada and East Texas on line customer support. I made two acquaintances and a friend in technicians sent to my house.

Adam in Canada talked about travelling to the US for barbeque. Texas is #1, Arizona #2, Kentucky #3 and one other #4. He was close to lunch and had us both hungry by the time I hung up. I'm fairly certain his password for everything is brisket.

It's been brutal not having internet. I found all sorts of trouble to get into due to boredom. I paid the plumber $488 to repair some of the projects I took on and didn't dare show him the rest. I wish I'd remembered to ask him about... never mind. I also started on a single electrical project. I'm sure I'll get that fixed by myself with no house fires. Fingers crossed.

Internet is addicting and necessary in Xelda world. I couldn't stop some Amazon subscriptions so I have more oatmeal, peach tea and bird seeds than I need. It's wonderful to be back though!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I've been without internet for two weeks. I made friends with people in the Caribbean, (not so much) in India, Canada and East Texas on line customer support. I made two acquaintances and a friend in technicians sent to my house.

Adam in Canada talked about travelling to the US for barbeque. Texas is #1, Arizona #2, Kentucky #3 and one other #4. He was close to lunch and had us both hungry by the time I hung up. I'm fairly certain his password for everything is brisket.

It's been brutal not having internet. I found all sorts of trouble to get into due to boredom. I paid the plumber $488 to repair some of the projects I took on and didn't dare show him the rest. I wish I'd remembered to ask him about... never mind. I also started on a single electrical project. I'm sure I'll get that fixed by myself with no house fires. Fingers crossed.

Internet is addicting and necessary in Xelda world. I couldn't stop some Amazon subscriptions so I have more oatmeal, peach tea and bird seeds than I need. It's wonderful to be back though!
It's great to have you back!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thank you Runny! I must have been bad to have my nose stuck in the non internet corner for four score or two weeks. It felt like four score what ever that number is. I've been worse since, so any lessons learned shot out of my noodle cannon (ears) quick, fast and snappy.
Four score would be 80 years, so it was probably just the two weeks. But it felt like four score to us!

Xelda

Reaction score
It felt much worse on my end. I couldn't release any of my wild imagination on the inter webs and I've had a few doozies in the dream department.

By the way, why say four score when eighty years is easier to understand? Did Lincoln think he was talking in parables? What's his dam problem? All I can say is he would never make president today with that face. Can't the US Treasury do a little bit, make that quite a bit of photo shopping on him? Get the Kardashians involved, they've got masters degrees in photo shopping and don't stop until he looks like Lawrence Olivier. He's not looking at those five dollar bills, we are. Mini rant concluded.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone and Happy Labor Day.

Coach, hope you are doing well. I think of you often and wish only the best for you, Sir.

Now, regardless of what the calendar says, this is how I officially mark the first day of Fall. It’s been wonderful here in the Quad Cities area/Midwest this weekend, even with some rain. Overcast and feels like the change in seasons is happening! Love me those overnight temps in the 50’s and daytime highs in the mid to upper 70’s like we’ve had the entire weekend. Puts me in a good place in my head. Okay… the Crown and Cola helped… more than a little:D.

Football starts this week and I’ve followed absolutely NOTHING in the off-season or preseason so I have no clue who this team is going into the regular season. There’s freedom in oblivion.

I’m having a talk with my kids over these coming weeks about whether or not I want to continue doing my annual follow-up visits with my oncologist in Iowa City. This week, for the FIRST time since 2015, I will have my bill paid with them… at least until January or February when the new charges from the annual follow-up in December hit. I’m a single income household and adding another $3,500-4,000 to my debt load (that’s my appx. share after insurance) is hard to swallow every year. I killed my budget this year paying extra every month to get it paid to this point and quite frankly I’m not sure I want to do it again. When do I just get to live and try to find something to be happy about? Being broke and single does not make me happy, so that’s my starting point.

Something to chew on…

Back to the work week tomorrow for those of us still in the workforce.

Enjoy what’s left of your weekend, all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Coach, hope you are doing well. I think of you often and wish only the best for you, Sir.

Now, regardless of what the calendar says, this is how I officially mark the first day of Fall. It’s been wonderful here in the Quad Cities area/Midwest this weekend, even with some rain. Overcast and feels like the change in seasons is happening! Love me those overnight temps in the 50’s and daytime highs in the mid to upper 70’s like we’ve had the entire weekend. Puts me in a good place in my head. Okay… the Crown and Cola helped… more than a little:D.

Football starts this week and I’ve followed absolutely NOTHING in the off-season or preseason so I have no clue who this team is going into the regular season. There’s freedom in oblivion.

I’m having a talk with my kids over these coming weeks about whether or not I want to continue doing my annual follow-up visits with my oncologist in Iowa City. This week, for the FIRST time since 2015, I will have my bill paid with them… at least until January or February when the new charges from the annual follow-up in December hit. I’m a single income household and adding another $3,500-4,000 to my debt load (that’s my appx. share after insurance) is hard to swallow every year. I killed my budget this year paying extra every month to get it paid to this point and quite frankly I’m not sure I want to do it again. When do I just get to live and try to find something to be happy about? Being broke and single does not make me happy, so that’s my starting point.

Something to chew on…

Jan, I envy the change of season you are getting, going to be 95 and 96 here and I detest this state more every day.

Thanks for asking and I wish I had better to report but my last labs were the worst I’ve had and symptoms beginning to show up.

However, I have been close to here before and rebounded with my labs and my next ones are in two weeks so I will know more.

I added a chiropractor/kinesiologist to my Monkey’s Paw People to address my shoulder and I was very impressed with this man’s “healing presence”. Some of my other People recommended him and I can see why.

I haven’t been posting here much because of the lack of something positive to post and I have been feeling the strongest weapon I have had in my arsenal, my positive mental attitude, waning.

kskboys

Reaction score
It felt much worse on my end. I couldn't release any of my wild imagination on the inter webs and I've had a few doozies in the dream department.

By the way, why say four score when eighty years is easier to understand? Did Lincoln think he was talking in parables? What's his dam problem? All I can say is he would never make president today with that face. Can't the US Treasury do a little bit, make that quite a bit of photo shopping on him? Get the Kardashians involved, they've got masters degrees in photo shopping and don't stop until he looks like Lawrence Olivier. He's not looking at those five dollar bills, we are. Mini rant concluded.
Well, then find something to make your "end" feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe one of them there bidets?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Something to chew on…

Autumn doesn't start for two more weeks. Don't rush it!

As for your follow up appointment, I say, do what makes you feel best. If you think you can skip it and not worry yourself sick, wondering if you should have been the responsible patient, that's your decision.

If you think skipping it will lead to ulcers and panic attacks, I say go get some peace of mind.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jan, I envy the change of season you are getting, going to be 95 and 96 here and I detest this state more every day.

Thanks for asking and I wish I had better to report but my last labs were the worst I’ve had and symptoms beginning to show up.

However, I have been close to here before and rebounded with my labs and my next ones are in two weeks so I will know more.

I added a chiropractor/kinesiologist to my Monkey’s Paw People to address my shoulder and I was very impressed with this man’s “healing presence”. Some of my other People recommended him and I can see why.

I haven’t been posting here much because of the lack of something positive to post and I have been feeling the strongest weapon I have had in my arsenal, my positive mental attitude, waning.
My best thoughts are still with you, my friend. I'm always hoping for great news from you.

Xelda

Reaction score

Something to chew on…

I'm with you on the football thing, Jan. After they released Amari Cooper, I felt a dip in my confidence towards my Cowboys. Jerry being Jerry is a terrible source of hope. I wish they'd prove me wrong, but they haven't so far.

I can't blame you for not wanting the annual poke and prod. Besides expensive, it's stress inducing to no end. At this point you should be aware of the symptoms yourself. Don't feel the need to be one of the cattle that's herded through for profit.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our temperatures are somewhat tracking yours, @GrammaJan: we're seeing mid-80's now but dropping to the low 60's this weekend, while the nighttime lows drop onto low 30's... a very welcome change and I can't wait.

In preparation for the fall, I just serviced the hydraulics on the snowplow. My wife caught me whispering, "my precious" to the snowplow. She just laughed and walked away.

And, as far as the follow-up appointments, do what feels right for you.

@Xelda, I understand very the loss of internet. We were down a few days from cancelation of our old service to installation of the Starlink... it is amazing how dependent society has become on the internet, BUT, I couldn't be happier with Starlink!