FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends! It's Sunday morning and I'm watching the pregame show for the Packers/Giants game. Now I remember why I usually skip pregame shows. It's just loud people trying to get their opinions heard over other loud people.

How is everyone?

CC, haven't been hearing from you very much. Hopefully, you're just posting in threads I don't frequent. Either that or your mod status has you too busy to post for fun.

Xelda, has anyone punched that guy in the face for you yet?

Gramma Jan, any news on your end?

Montanalo, I hope you're not bear poop!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends! It's Sunday morning and I'm watching the pregame show for the Packers/Giants game. Now I remember why I usually skip pregame shows. It's just loud people trying to get their opinions heard over other loud people.

How is everyone?

CC, haven't been hearing from you very much. Hopefully, you're just posting in threads I don't frequent. Either that or your mod status has you too busy to post for fun.

Morning, @Runwildboys . It has been unusually quiet on this thread.

Happy to say, not bear poop. However, my wife and I both contracted covid. In the grand scheme of things, we both had reasonably mild symptoms. She ran a fever for a couple of days, had a scratchy throat and mild cough. I never ran a fever, but did have a slight sore throat and general malaise - which works in my favor for football watching.

The weather has been darn near perfect: mid 60's during the day and high 30's at night. The first snow for the high country is expected next week.

How's everyone else doing?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, @Runwildboys . It has been unusually quiet on this thread.

Happy to say, not bear poop. However, my wife and I both contracted covid. In the grand scheme of things, we both had reasonably mild symptoms. She ran a fever for a couple of days, had a scratchy throat and mild cough. I never ran a fever, but did have a slight sore throat and general malaise - which works in my favor for football watching.

The weather has been darn near perfect: mid 60's during the day and high 30's at night. The first snow for the high country is expected next week.

How's everyone else doing?
You and I have very different definitions of "perfect".

Xelda

Reaction score

How is everyone?

Thank goodness you posted something. I've been watching the thread and haven't thought of anything worth adding. I've been sleeping so hard that I haven't had much in the way of dreams. I did have a dream where I was talking to John Lennon right before he turned into a woodland fairy. He visits in my sleep sometimes. He didn't have any great wisdom to share though. I'm still waiting for 20th century Robert Redford to make an appearance.

Runny, I'm working on letting go and then have to hear friends say nice things about him. I don't want to hit him as hard as I used to so that counts as progress.

It's cooled off here to where the temperatures are somewhat cool until you start moving and then you sweat. The sun hasn't let it's grip of the south go yet. I think it's Runny approved weather here. At night though, there's a slight chill.

Coachadoodles, we want to hear from you even if it's to grunt in rhythm to Word Crimes. You don't have to do the whole song, but a verse would be nice.

I knew Montanalo would outsmart those rascally bears with their Acme gizmos. I'm sorry to hear you and your wife had Covid but am glad it wasn't bad.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Life has truly been a roller coaster ride and when it finally smooths out, I can’t relax for anticipating the next climb or dip and that has messed with my positive mental attitude, which is what those helping me feel has been my strongest ally and I agree. I started this journey with no second thoughts and without a glance back, nothing but self assurance that I took the right path. I have to re-commit to that more with each test result. But I still have never doubted the path I took.

Last Wednesday, I passed the one year mark of the diagnosis of stage 4 terminal cancer. The most they would give me was six months but they only have the data and the science to follow.

Got labs again this Friday so I get to spend this weekend watching them drift into the portal and even if they’re really good, the other shoe is that this bilirubin seems to attack after the best news I get. I would not wish that on my worst enemy and the timing is diabolical.

However, the silver lining is what I never expected, the people that are in my corner and helping me make this journey. I did not realize what a curmudgeon I had become about people until I began this journey. I was blind or conveniently had applied blinders and was content to be a loner. I am humbled by their caring and their love.

I haven’t been posting much because the main reason I began doing this has been altered. The lack of sleep and energy has robbed me of my greatest asset and my defense against the dark, my wit and sense of humor. I struggle to be that guy that is always in a state of humor and really didn’t have to try to be funny, it was truly a gift and one I needed to get through the trials of life. What came naturally barely comes at all now and I miss that more than anything,

The one thing that made me who I am and helped others tolerate the negative vibe I could generate has left me and I wonder who I am now. That was the one thing I felt I could always count on, even in the darkest times, and I fear that will not return to me.

My absurdity has left me and I don’t know where to find it and if there ever was more of a need of that in my life, I can’t think of it. No need to fear death when the real me may have already left.

I appreciate you guys more than I can express and you have buoyed me up in the roughest waters but I feel what I once brought to the party I can no longer bring and that really bothers me.

Xelda

Reaction score
Coachadoodles, it's so good to hear from you even in your current state of being. We don't care what you bring to the party as long as you bring yourself. Donuts are usually a big hit though if you feel like stopping for them. If not, we'll be happy you're here anyway although now I'm thinking about donuts. You know the chemo center here is right across from Southern Maid Donuts. That place is famous in this area although it doesn't look like much. Just see the HOT sign at 4 and try to find a parking spot. It closes on Tuesdays and that's when you can get a good parking spot at the chemo center. True story.

You are important to us, so don't worry about your sense of humor now. We welcome you alway.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

@CouchCoach, in the immortal words of Dylan Thomas:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

At the isk of being a desktop psychologist, I suspect you're not sitting around doing nothing. I sense you are living life on your own terms. And, when life puts you on a roller coaster, I would like to think you're in the front row seat, arms in the air and a determined grin on your face.

And, if none of my words of wisdom help, watch @Xelda fart video.

nobody

Reaction score
Life has truly been a roller coaster ride and when it finally smooths out, I can’t relax for anticipating the next climb or dip and that has messed with my positive mental attitude, which is what those helping me feel has been my strongest ally and I agree. I started this journey with no second thoughts and without a glance back, nothing but self assurance that I took the right path. I have to re-commit to that more with each test result. But I still have never doubted the path I took.

Last Wednesday, I passed the one year mark of the diagnosis of stage 4 terminal cancer. The most they would give me was six months but they only have the data and the science to follow.

Got labs again this Friday so I get to spend this weekend watching them drift into the portal and even if they’re really good, the other shoe is that this bilirubin seems to attack after the best news I get. I would not wish that on my worst enemy and the timing is diabolical.

However, the silver lining is what I never expected, the people that are in my corner and helping me make this journey. I did not realize what a curmudgeon I had become about people until I began this journey. I was blind or conveniently had applied blinders and was content to be a loner. I am humbled by their caring and their love.

I haven’t been posting much because the main reason I began doing this has been altered. The lack of sleep and energy has robbed me of my greatest asset and my defense against the dark, my wit and sense of humor. I struggle to be that guy that is always in a state of humor and really didn’t have to try to be funny, it was truly a gift and one I needed to get through the trials of life. What came naturally barely comes at all now and I miss that more than anything,

The one thing that made me who I am and helped others tolerate the negative vibe I could generate has left me and I wonder who I am now. That was the one thing I felt I could always count on, even in the darkest times, and I fear that will not return to me.

My absurdity has left me and I don’t know where to find it and if there ever was more of a need of that in my life, I can’t think of it. No need to fear death when the real me may have already left.

I appreciate you guys more than I can express and you have buoyed me up in the roughest waters but I feel what I once brought to the party I can no longer bring and that really bothers me.

My friend, that you're still at the party is what matters to us, not what you feel you bring or not. Your presence is enough.