FEATURED Morning Pops!

ESisback

Reaction score
Yeah, people open up to me a lot too...and I wish they'd stop. I also wish the one coworker would stop sending me pictures of his food. I already told him that's one reason I'm not on Instagram. Why in the world would I care how much cheese is on your sandwich? I mean, I drew the guy a really cool tattoo, and refused the $100 he wanted to pay me for it, and he repays me by sending me stupid pictures?

I got this picture of chocolate cake…

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and all y’all.

All I got to say is today is 15 months from the day they gave me my expiration date of 6 months. Getting labs tomorrow so that is always an interesting weekend waiting for the portal to reveal its secrets.

Nothing in this life is certain and the possibilities keep reminding me of that.

Jan, chin up, you are in my thoughts.

Well, guess I was wrong about that all I got to say but hey, they made up all of these words for us to use.

ESisback

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and all y’all.

All I got to say is today is 15 months from the day they gave me my expiration date of 6 months. Getting labs tomorrow so that is always an interesting weekend waiting for the portal to reveal its secrets.

Nothing in this life is certain and the possibilities keep reminding me of that.

Jan, chin up, you are in my thoughts.

Well, guess I was wrong about that all I got to say but hey, they made up all of these words for us to use.
Good morning, Gabby Hayes!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enjoy! Boy, I wish I was there!
Retirement is good. I do still work part time, 3 days a week. One thing about retirement I’ve learned- you have to reinvent yourself and how you use your time. I’m still very busy by choice.

My experience with retirement is once you sleep in a few times and have nothing on your schedule for a while, it gets a little boring. After about two weeks, I needed some structure.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Retirement is good. I do still work part time, 3 days a week. One thing about retirement I’ve learned- you have to reinvent yourself and how you use your time. I’m still very busy by choice.

My experience with retirement is once you sleep in a few times and have nothing on your schedule for a while, it gets a little boring. After about two weeks, I needed some structure.
In my opinion, it's good to keep moving as much as you can. And, it seems like an exciting time; to change your routine after so many years.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Good morning Pops and friends.

Same here Bob. I was retired for 2 years then I went to work. I told my employer I would only work 6 months tops, well it’s been 3 years now.

Part time with Paid vacation and paid holidays.

Yes indeed, we all need some kind of structure and purpose.

I heard a pastor the other day say “ when I die, I want people to say he wore out, not rusted out”

ESisback

Reaction score
Semi-retired here, too. I keep busy though, doing weddings and parties and operating Guitar God Radio. Help the wife around the house, run errands, do the financials, etc., etc.

Right now I’m writing some checks (I’m old school, NO apologies) and having coffee, while 1960’s Magnificent Seven plays. Gotta meet a couple about a wedding reception later, wash the Buick, and sort through content for the station.

Y’all have a great one!✊

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

When I was out for 6 months, recovering from rotator cuff surgery, I was fine with sleeping in and not doing much, but once my shoulder healed enough to actually get stuff done, I got really antsy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and friends.

Same here Bob. I was retired for 2 years then I went to work. I told my employer I would only work 6 months tops, well it’s been 3 years now.

Part time with Paid vacation and paid holidays.

Yes indeed, we all need some kind of structure and purpose.

I heard a pastor the other day say “ when I die, I want people to say he wore out, not rusted out”
It's better to burn out than fade away - Neil Young.