FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops, Coachadoodles and Popsadoodles.

Dang! Come here bragging about your new weight loss program. That can't be our G2, can it? Sorry you have been sick. If you could come up with a way to get the flu without getting the flu, we're listening. Get better, G2.

I'm so glad you won this battle. My imagination has the bears holding an emergency meeting to counteract the human with those extremely strong lungs. I picture them pointing at a white erase board with an unflattering image of you.

@Diehardblues I'm not sure ksk would make a good moderator. He'd have to behave himself and, quite frankly, I think that would kill him.
He was a mod in the old site, but the rules were much more "flexible", right up to the point when they shut down without warning.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting one, but I just bought a backpack leaf blower a few years ago, so I can't really justify the expense...plus the backpack works pretty well, great for cleaning out the gutters!
I've found that blowers and tarps are faster.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ever see the walk-behind push blowers? Sweet baby Jesus, they're amazing. I used to do asphalt work and used one to clean lots. I borrowed it to do leaves on an acre and it was simply amazing. When I was done, it looked like I vacuumed the grass :laugh:
Since you posted a potentially life-changing advertisement for a walk-behind leaf blower, I have been checking out models that claim to work well with fresh snow. Imagine no more shoveling! Or, at most, limited shoveling.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since you posted a potentially life-changing advertisement for a walk-behind leaf blower, I have been checking out models that claim to work well with fresh snow. Imagine no more shoveling! Or, at most, limited shoveling.
I never thought of snow! What a great idea.
I use propane and a torch for the frozen stuff :laugh:
You'll probably hit a patch of ice and the thing will go into a flat spin and crash into the house!

Xelda

Reaction score
Cancer, Chemo and the Inappropriate Chair

With our tremendous loss, I haven't updated y'all on what's been going on. I am not trying to detract from our loss of Coachadoodles. It's strong and won't fade for a very, very long time. In the mean time, I see Otis. Long may he watch over us.

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with Merkel Cell. I went through radiation for 6 weeks with 5 treatments a week after surgery. While going through the treatments on my arm, it sprouted under my arm. This time, it wasn't Merkel Cell, It was Jimmy Buffet's Merkel Cell. My oncologist went into freak out mode and started me on very hard chemo. I haven't been myself and unable to think clearly, so please forgive me if I offended anyone. Yesterday I received a bag of blood for bad anemia. Today I feel like Stephen Hawking so watch out. I've had some interesting things happen and smiled as I thought about telling y'all.

I've argued about appropriate times for medical appointments every single time. I'd prefer to leave around 4 pm when the hot donuts sign comes on rather than when the sign is off. If you know about those donuts, then you understand the significance of the lit up donut sign. People won't make appointments on Tuesday when the shop closes. This is important information for people living in NW Louisiana.

On to my chemo and eventually that chair. I think y'all would have a giggle over me fighting with my favorite nurse over Cowboys versus Saints last Friday. She had the audacity to pretend the Saints were better than the Cowboys. She threw at me that we were last in the Super Bowl in the 80s. How dare she! She got knocked out of first place, demoted heifer. To think I'd willed her my very last French fries. I straightened her out on the 80s snark.

The chairs at the chemo center are moderately comfortable. The moderate part means they are enhanced with heating and vibration up the back. We also get heated blankets which helps when the area is cold. I've dragged my comfy coat around like Linus and his blanket. One particular treatment I was placed in my enclosable area. It looked like every other treatment area, but it wasn't. My nurse starts bringing in various treatments and I relax back in the chair. I start poking buttons on the chair only to find my back isn't being massaged at all. The wiring must have been reversed. Da-a-a-a-a-ang, things are getting massaged that shouldn't be. The nurse turns to say something and my eyes are like saucers staring back at her as I'm trying to cut it off. I have to go through several settings to cut it off. It only get more intense, so there I sit on my Hawg staring up at the nurse.. She asks if I need anything else, I want to say close the curtain and crank up some Barry White, Al Green and Donna Summers, not the cake song though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cancer, Chemo and the Inappropriate Chair

With our tremendous loss, I haven't updated y'all on what's been going on. I am not trying to detract from our loss of Coachadoodles. It's strong and won't fade for a very, very long time. In the mean time, I see Otis. Long may he watch over us.

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with Merkel Cell. I went through radiation for 6 weeks with 5 treatments a week after surgery. While going through the treatments on my arm, it sprouted under my arm. This time, it wasn't Merkel Cell, It was Jimmy Buffet's Merkel Cell. My oncologist went into freak out mode and started me on very hard chemo. I haven't been myself and unable to think clearly, so please forgive me if I offended anyone. Yesterday I received a bag of blood for bad anemia. Today I feel like Stephen Hawking so watch out. I've had some interesting things happen and smiled as I thought about telling y'all.

I've argued about appropriate times for medical appointments every single time. I'd prefer to leave around 4 pm when the hot donuts sign comes on rather than when the sign is off. If you know about those donuts, then you understand the significance of the lit up donut sign. People won't make appointments on Tuesday when the shop closes. This is important information for people living in NW Louisiana.

On to my chemo and eventually that chair. I think y'all would have a giggle over me fighting with my favorite nurse over Cowboys versus Saints last Friday. She had the audacity to pretend the Saints were better than the Cowboys. She threw at me that we were last in the Super Bowl in the 80s. How dare she! She got knocked out of first place, demoted heifer. To think I'd willed her my very last French fries. I straightened her out on the 80s snark.

The chairs at the chemo center are moderately comfortable. The moderate part means they are enhanced with heating and vibration up the back. We also get heated blankets which helps when the area is cold. I've dragged my comfy coat around like Linus and his blanket. One particular treatment I was placed in my enclosable area. It looked like every other treatment area, but it wasn't. My nurse starts bringing in various treatments and I relax back in the chair. I start poking buttons on the chair only to find my back isn't being massaged at all. The wiring must have been reversed. Da-a-a-a-a-ang, things are getting massaged that shouldn't be. The nurse turns to say something and my eyes are like saucers staring back at her as I'm trying to cut it off. I have to go through several settings to cut it off. It only get more intense, so there I sit on my Hawg staring up at the nurse.. She asks if I need anything else, I want to say close the curtain and crank up some Barry White, Al Green and Donna Summers, not the cake song though.
Dang, Xelda! I didn't know you were having such a rough bout! Is the chemo working for you? I realize it probably doesn't feel like it's doing your body good, but is the oncologist encouraged with your progress?

Xelda

Reaction score
Dang, Xelda! I didn't know you were having such a rough bout! Is the chemo working for you? I realize it probably doesn't feel like it's doing your body good, but is the oncologist encouraged with your progress?
Absolutely. We'll both find out more in 2 weeks. I'll have another scan and then see what's next, surgery or more chemo. This stuff has made me a hairless Chihuahua. The worst thing besides chemo has been Jimmy Buffet dying from it and the week my doctor was on jury duty. I couldn't bring it up after Coach's last post here. My post is to offer some humor as I've walked those crazy halls. Somebody's gotta do it.