FEATURED Morning Pops!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cancer, Chemo and the Inappropriate Chair

With our tremendous loss, I haven't updated y'all on what's been going on. I am not trying to detract from our loss of Coachadoodles. It's strong and won't fade for a very, very long time. In the mean time, I see Otis. Long may he watch over us.

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with Merkel Cell. I went through radiation for 6 weeks with 5 treatments a week after surgery. While going through the treatments on my arm, it sprouted under my arm. This time, it wasn't Merkel Cell, It was Jimmy Buffet's Merkel Cell. My oncologist went into freak out mode and started me on very hard chemo. I haven't been myself and unable to think clearly, so please forgive me if I offended anyone. Yesterday I received a bag of blood for bad anemia. Today I feel like Stephen Hawking so watch out. I've had some interesting things happen and smiled as I thought about telling y'all.

I've argued about appropriate times for medical appointments every single time. I'd prefer to leave around 4 pm when the hot donuts sign comes on rather than when the sign is off. If you know about those donuts, then you understand the significance of the lit up donut sign. People won't make appointments on Tuesday when the shop closes. This is important information for people living in NW Louisiana.

On to my chemo and eventually that chair. I think y'all would have a giggle over me fighting with my favorite nurse over Cowboys versus Saints last Friday. She had the audacity to pretend the Saints were better than the Cowboys. She threw at me that we were last in the Super Bowl in the 80s. How dare she! She got knocked out of first place, demoted heifer. To think I'd willed her my very last French fries. I straightened her out on the 80s snark.

The chairs at the chemo center are moderately comfortable. The moderate part means they are enhanced with heating and vibration up the back. We also get heated blankets which helps when the area is cold. I've dragged my comfy coat around like Linus and his blanket. One particular treatment I was placed in my enclosable area. It looked like every other treatment area, but it wasn't. My nurse starts bringing in various treatments and I relax back in the chair. I start poking buttons on the chair only to find my back isn't being massaged at all. The wiring must have been reversed. Da-a-a-a-a-ang, things are getting massaged that shouldn't be. The nurse turns to say something and my eyes are like saucers staring back at her as I'm trying to cut it off. I have to go through several settings to cut it off. It only get more intense, so there I sit on my Hawg staring up at the nurse.. She asks if I need anything else, I want to say close the curtain and crank up some Barry White, Al Green and Donna Summers, not the cake song though.
Thank you Xelda for sharing your story. You know we’re all with you in this tough journey.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good luck, Xeldadoodles! :thumbup:
:lmao:
Thank you, Runny! I have a confession to make. After some of your comments about sole control of the remote, something clicked in my head. When I couldn't find my remote during a Cowboys game, I yelled RUNNAY! Then my brain tapped on my thinking spot and asked "What was that?". I think I need to get out more.:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:lmao:
Thank you, Runny! I have a confession to make. After some of your comments about sole control of the remote, something clicked in my head. When I couldn't find my remote during a Cowboys game, I yelled RUNNAY! Then my brain tapped on my thinking spot and asked "What was that?". I think I need to get out more.:
LMAO! It's only natural to find someone to blame, when you misplace something!

It's okay, I once had a girlfriend wake me up in the middle of the night, punching me in the chest. Turned out she had a dream that I cheated on her.

You can blame me for lost objects all you want, doll...Just don't hit me!
:laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score

It's okay, I once had a girlfriend wake me up in the middle of the night, punching me in the chest. Turned out she had a dream that I cheated on her.

Rather, only hit me if it's a good butt spanking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xelda

Reaction score

I won't, I promise. :cool: I guess everyone knows my remote's name now.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon, Pops and Coach...

It's snowing and in the mid-20's. In meteorological terms, it's grumpy outside. So, how about a stupid joke? Glad you asked:

An engineer passes away and at the gates of heaven, he is met by Saint Peter. After reviewing his book of names, a couple of times, St Peter tells the engineer that he's not listed in the book, and he must now proceed to hades.

A few months pass and God has a passing conversation with the devil who informs God that hades is doing extremely well. Perplexed, God asks how that did that happen? The devil explains that the engineer has made a number of life-altering changes to hades including the installation of air conditioning. God informs that devil that the engineer was really supposed to be in heaven and that the devil should return him immediately. When the devil refuses, God states that he will sue. Whereupon the devil remarks, "Where are you going to find an attorney in Heaven?"

I am here all Thanksgiving weekend!!

Xelda

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving Pops, Coachadoodles and Popsadoodles! I hope it's a peaceful and joyous W for all of us that root for the Cowboys. The rest just get something of a well wish. I'm feeling generous.

Good joke, Montanalo. I had a friend that's a lawyer. He told me this joke. What do you call 100 lawyers on a plane that falls into the ocean? A good start.

ksk, I can't talk about the ones that cried. I felt awful.

kskboys

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving Pops, Coachadoodles and Popsadoodles! I hope it's a peaceful and joyous W for all of us that root for the Cowboys. The rest just get something of a well wish. I'm feeling generous.

Good joke, Montanalo. I had a friend that's a lawyer. He told me this joke. What do you call 100 lawyers on a plane that falls into the ocean? A good start.

ksk, I can't talk about the ones that cried. I felt awful.
I shot my first turkey yesterday. Scared the hades out of everyone in the frozen food section.