FEATURED Morning Pops!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tried messaging him a couple weeks ago, but he hasn't replied. Still hoping for the best, but definitely concerned.
Coach had given me his phone number a few months back and I have called him numerous times with no answer. The last time I called the number about 3 weeks ago, I got the dreaded, “The number is no longer in service.”

It’s very sad. All the mods and I have tried to find relatives or even an obituary but so far to no avail.

If he is gone, I want to do some kind of tribute sometime in the near future. Some opportunity for all of us who knew and loved his presence here to pay our respects and honor his wonderful personality, wisdom and sense of humor.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Coach had given me his phone number a few months back and I have called him numerous times with no answer. The last time I called the number about 3 weeks ago, I got the dreaded, “The number is no longer in service.”

It’s very sad. All the mods and I have tried to find relatives or even an obituary but so far to no avail.

If he is gone, I want to do some kind of tribute sometime in the near future. Some opportunity for all of us who knew and loved his presence here to pay our respects and honor his wonderful personality, wisdom and sense of humor.
You're the perfect wordsmith to start a memorial thread for him. I will, of course, take part in the thread, and once the signature feature is up and running again, I'm using his avatar (Otis) as my signature, in memoriam of the Grand Poobah.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Thank you. Coach added more to this forum than observations about the Cowboys. He journaled his illness on this forum; his ups and downs and it never ceased to amaze me his uplifting outlook on life.

Please don't leave the tribute for too long - Coach is well-worth remembering.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you. Coach added more to this forum than observations about the Cowboys. He journaled his illness on this forum; his ups and downs and it never ceased to amaze me his uplifting outlook on life.

Please don't leave the tribute for too long - Coach is well-worth remembering.
The only reason it hasn’t happened yet is the need to make sure it’s not premature and that we have done all due diligence to get as much correct information about his situation as possible. I’m working on some possible family leads to see if I can get some kind of reliable update.

kskboys

Reaction score

Do you have his full name then? I could prolly find something w/ his full name. Might even run down to Marble Falls and check hospitals.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you have his full name then? I could prolly find something w/ his full name. Might even run down to Marble Falls and check hospitals.
His full name is Michael Baer. I’m about 90% sure his middle initial is J. Has two sons. His wife died in 2011 and I think her name was Sharon. Not 100% sure of all that except I do know his name is Michael Baer because he gave it to me along with his phone info back several months ago.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just received this message a few minutes ago on Facebook Messenger from Michael “Couch Coach” Baer’s son:

”This is Josh, I’m Michael’s son. I’m sorry to bear bad news but dad passed away on 9/24. Apologies for not being able to see or respond to your messages, dads phone went missing and I didn’t find it when I was back in Texas that week.”

I had been trying to track down his family members for weeks.
I‘m deeply saddened to hear this confirmation of our friend’s departure. I will be getting with the mods about putting together a fitting tribute to our dear friend.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I just received this message a few minutes ago on Facebook Messenger from Michael “Couch Coach” Baer’s son:

”This is Josh, I’m Michael’s son. I’m sorry to bear bad news but dad passed away on 9/24. Apologies for not being able to see or respond to your messages, dads phone went missing and I didn’t find it when I was back in Texas that week.”

I‘m deeply saddened to hear this confirmation of our friend’s departure. I will be getting with the mods about putting together a fitting tribute to our dear friend.
Thank you all for working through this. He’ll be missed more than I can express.

kskboys

Reaction score

I am deeply deeply saddened, but at the same time I feel great relief that his suffering is over. You could tell in several of his posts that he was not in good shape and most likely in pain. I love him with all my heart and will always miss him in so many ways.

Kevin

kskboys

Reaction score

Can you find out where his obit is listed? I couldn't find it anywhere in Marble Falls/Burnett Co, or the surrounding towns.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you find out where his obit is listed? I couldn't find it anywhere in Marble Falls/Burnett Co, or the surrounding towns.
I havent found it either Kev. I’m still waiting on more info from the family. If I find it I will share.