FEATURED Morning Pops!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can you find out where his obit is listed? I couldn't find it anywhere in Marble Falls/Burnett Co, or the surrounding towns.
I’ve looked too. Nothing that matched info we have. And maybe this is the appropriate way in an anonymous setting .

I’m not even sure we should divulge personal info unless his family approves.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Morning Coach, hope you are at peace and with your beloved wife...rest in peace my friend.
It definitely places this all in perspective. There is definitely a few fans here who we’ve associated with now going on 2 decades.

Tough not to build some relationships albeit in an anonymous setting. All most of us have known is a first name and a little bit of their history and maybe where they are from.

To those of us who go way back to old forum I want to send out a big Couch Coach hug. His impact on the old site was monumental.

He was all about the forum . He used to say that if not for the forum he wouldn't have stayed as big a Cowboy fan or even followed the team. I even poked fun at him for that. But that’s who he was. He truly loved this place. And everyone embraced Coach.

I know I’ve ruffled feathers over the years with my arrogance and attitudes but CC was one of the first to reach out advising me not to divulge as much personal info that others used against me in arguments.

He was a very kind soul. But there are a few others who I hope they know who they are who I truly respect and have enjoyed the connection we have made over the years .

I don’t do much Social Media . I’ve been on FB for 15 years and don’t even have a 100 friends. Don’t do Twitter or Tiki . I was close to CC’s age and as we get older appreciate those around us even more even in an anonymous setting as such.

You were one of the first on old forum that embraced me and I’ll never forget. Thanks

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am deeply deeply saddened, but at the same time I feel great relief that his suffering is over. You could tell in several of his posts that he was not in good shape and most likely in pain. I love him with all my heart and will always miss him in so many ways.

Kevin
Whenever I thought of these forums , CC was always the staple member IMO.No one represented what these forums meant more than him.

And I don’t imagine we’ll ever have anyone with his character or personality grace these forums again.

His impact was so much greater on the old forums. Much of it did carry over here but I think some of it was lost with new setting.

But we were pleased to be refugees here and I think he probably appreciated more than anyone. His fandom was fueled from his activity and role in these forums.

Im not sure I ever appreciated his meaning of that. I even poked fun at him about it. That if not for this forum he’d lose total interest in the Cowboys. This forum has never had such meaning for me. But that’s who he was and perhaps what made him the special member he was.

And thanks to you also K, another close allie.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wouldn’t it be something if the Cowboys finally get over the hump this season.

If we do I’m going to give CC credit .

As a matter of fact it provides me something greater to root for remainder of this season.

Something that could bring us all closer together. Which would make ole CC happy.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Morning Pops and all y’all.

I am thinking of changing my moniker to Audie Murphy because the last few weeks I have been To Hell and Back.

Started with my old nemesis, bilirubin, showing back up and this bout was the worst one yet. Ended up with my 7th ERCP since this all started two years ago on the 21st and replacing yet another stent.

For the first time since I made the decision to go the Monkey’s Paw People’s route, I began to weaken in my positive mental attitude, my greatest ally, and began to give up.

Monday marked the 14th month past my expiration date and for the first time, I regretted that passage of time and wished I were already gone.

Labs were off the rails and the itching and skin crawling was relentless and I lost another 6 lbs and it takes everything I can muster just to put a pound on.

They were doing labs frequently because bilirubin is toxic to the human body and mine was not falling as it had in the past and they wanted a CT scan and I asked why? They can’t cut on me if something else has developed, either the stent helps get rid of the bilirubin or that’s it.

Then the last two lab reports came in and not only was the bilirubin falling but the tumor markers were falling as well and my oncologist and GI doc were really happy.

Whatever my parents passed to me in the DNA was coming through again and my own body was fighting and ignoring my mental state, which was shaky at best because of the lack of sleep or just rest because the itching had me at my breaking point. I was at the edge of my own final solution.

I am still here because of my two little 15 year old dogs that I worry about who will take care of them if I am gone and I held onto that, and them, to keep me grounded when all I wanted was for all of this to stop.

I get a lot of attaboy’s from the medical people, family and friends in this fight but the simple truth is I am still here because of my two best friends, ChaCha and Mojito. Something needs me and it doesn’t matter that they’re dogs, who I prefer to most people.

If they could talk, I know what they would have said these last few weeks. “Don’t give up, stay here with us, we need you”.

Inspiration and motivation can come from many sources.
I know you're not here to read my reply, but I wish you could. You were a great presence on this board and in this world. People like you give me hope. Thanks for that.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know you're not here to read my reply, but I wish you could. You were a great presence on this board and in this world. People like you give me hope. Thanks for that.
Thanks for sharing Coaches post.

Once, after offering that he had been through every conceivable treatment protocol, he indicated he was considering alternative approaches.

I suggested a Nigerian witch doctor... thus was born the Monkey Paw treatment plan. He had a wonderful sense of humor even in the darkest times.

John813

Reaction score
Still a gut punch into today.
For a while now I thought he was one to simply beat the odds and somehow just keep it at bay but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Just sucks we lost two good members of the admin team this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Still a gut punch into today.
For a while now I thought he was one to simply beat the odds and somehow just keep it at bay but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Just sucks we lost two good members of the admin team this year.
I’d like to nominate or recommend KSKBOYS as a new Moderator . He was one of the best Mods on our old site and one of the original ones when I joined the site about 2007 or 2008.

NYC-Cowboy was another solid Mod who’d make a fine addition.

@Bobhaze

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Coach,

Winter is finally making an appearance in Montana. While it has been relatively mild and snow-free so far, later this week we're expecting single digit temperatures and several inches of snow. It's a good reminder to refresh my snowplowing music.

I had an interesting bear encounter yesterday. I was blowing leaves from our porch and sidewalk when a rather large black bear ambled up our driveway. After a brief stare-down, I pointed my leafblower at the bear and waved it around. She slowly backtracked and headed into the woods.

DeWalt cordless leafblower 1, black bear 0.

Not looking for a rematch

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Winter is finally making an appearance in Montana. While it has been relatively mild and snow-free so far, later this week we're expecting single digit temperatures and several inches of snow. It's a good reminder to refresh my snowplowing music.

I had an interesting bear encounter yesterday. I was blowing leaves from our porch and sidewalk when a rather large black bear ambled up our driveway. After a brief stare-down, I pointed my leafblower at the bear and waved it around. She slowly backtracked and headed into the woods.

Super happy you didn't get mauled my friend.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Ever see the walk-behind push blowers? Sweet baby Jesus, they're amazing. I used to do asphalt work and used one to clean lots. I borrowed it to do leaves on an acre and it was simply amazing. When I was done, it looked like I vacuumed the grass :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ever see the walk-behind push blowers? Sweet baby Jesus, they're amazing. I used to do asphalt work and used one to clean lots. I borrowed it to do leaves on an acre and it was simply amazing. When I was done, it looked like I vacuumed the grass :laugh:
I was thinking about getting one, but I just bought a backpack leaf blower a few years ago, so I can't really justify the expense...plus the backpack works pretty well, great for cleaning out the gutters!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting one, but I just bought a backpack leaf blower a few years ago, so I can't really justify the expense...plus the backpack works pretty well, great for cleaning out the gutters!
Walk behinds are overkill in my opinion. I ruined a lot of shotty blacktop, getting under it with too much power :laugh: :facepalm:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops, Coachadoodles and Popsadoodles.
Morning Pops & CC,

Morning all, I hope you all have a great week. Good news, I just lost 7 lbs on this new diet called the Flu!
Amazing results.
Dang! Come here bragging about your new weight loss program. That can't be our G2, can it? Sorry you have been sick. If you could come up with a way to get the flu without getting the flu, we're listening. Get better, G2.

I'm so glad you won this battle. My imagination has the bears holding an emergency meeting to counteract the human with those extremely strong lungs. I picture them pointing at a white erase board with an unflattering image of you.

@Diehardblues I'm not sure ksk would make a good moderator. He'd have to behave himself and, quite frankly, I think that would kill him.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good morning Pops, Coachadoodles and Popsadoodles.

Dang! Come here bragging about your new weight loss program. That can't be our G2, can it? Sorry you have been sick. If you could come up with a way to get the flu without getting the flu, we're listening. Get better, G2.

I'm so glad you won this battle. My imagination has the bears holding an emergency meeting to counteract the human with those extremely strong lungs. I picture them pointing at a white erase board with an unflattering image of you.

@Diehardblues I'm not sure ksk would make a good moderator. He'd have to behave himself and, quite frankly, I think that would kill him.
Ksk was arguably one of the best Mods. I'm not sure how he pulled it off being Nekkid all the time.