FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Absolutely. We'll both find out more in 2 weeks. I'll have another scan and then see what's next, surgery or more chemo. This stuff has made me a hairless Chihuahua. The worst thing besides chemo has been Jimmy Buffet dying from it and the week my doctor was on jury duty. I couldn't bring it up after Coach's last post here. My post is to offer some humor as I've walked those crazy halls. Somebody's gotta do it.
Well, obviously I hope you beat this crap into submission, then after it's submitted, you beat it to death and burn the body! We love you too, ya know!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Cancer, Chemo and the Inappropriate Chair

With our tremendous loss, I haven't updated y'all on what's been going on. I am not trying to detract from our loss of Coachadoodles. It's strong and won't fade for a very, very long time. In the mean time, I see Otis. Long may he watch over us.

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with Merkel Cell. I went through radiation for 6 weeks with 5 treatments a week after surgery. While going through the treatments on my arm, it sprouted under my arm. This time, it wasn't Merkel Cell, It was Jimmy Buffet's Merkel Cell. My oncologist went into freak out mode and started me on very hard chemo. I haven't been myself and unable to think clearly, so please forgive me if I offended anyone. Yesterday I received a bag of blood for bad anemia. Today I feel like Stephen Hawking so watch out. I've had some interesting things happen and smiled as I thought about telling y'all.

I've argued about appropriate times for medical appointments every single time. I'd prefer to leave around 4 pm when the hot donuts sign comes on rather than when the sign is off. If you know about those donuts, then you understand the significance of the lit up donut sign. People won't make appointments on Tuesday when the shop closes. This is important information for people living in NW Louisiana.

On to my chemo and eventually that chair. I think y'all would have a giggle over me fighting with my favorite nurse over Cowboys versus Saints last Friday. She had the audacity to pretend the Saints were better than the Cowboys. She threw at me that we were last in the Super Bowl in the 80s. How dare she! She got knocked out of first place, demoted heifer. To think I'd willed her my very last French fries. I straightened her out on the 80s snark.

The chairs at the chemo center are moderately comfortable. The moderate part means they are enhanced with heating and vibration up the back. We also get heated blankets which helps when the area is cold. I've dragged my comfy coat around like Linus and his blanket. One particular treatment I was placed in my enclosable area. It looked like every other treatment area, but it wasn't. My nurse starts bringing in various treatments and I relax back in the chair. I start poking buttons on the chair only to find my back isn't being massaged at all. The wiring must have been reversed. Da-a-a-a-a-ang, things are getting massaged that shouldn't be. The nurse turns to say something and my eyes are like saucers staring back at her as I'm trying to cut it off. I have to go through several settings to cut it off. It only get more intense, so there I sit on my Hawg staring up at the nurse.. She asks if I need anything else, I want to say close the curtain and crank up some Barry White, Al Green and Donna Summers, not the cake song though.
Wish I lived close to you so I could come visit.

kskboys

Reaction score
Absolutely. We'll both find out more in 2 weeks. I'll have another scan and then see what's next, surgery or more chemo. This stuff has made me a hairless Chihuahua. The worst thing besides chemo has been Jimmy Buffet dying from it and the week my doctor was on jury duty. I couldn't bring it up after Coach's last post here. My post is to offer some humor as I've walked those crazy halls. Somebody's gotta do it.
You can bring it up and count on our love and support at anytime whatsover.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

With our tremendous loss, I haven't updated y'all on what's been going on. I am not trying to detract from our loss of Coachadoodles. It's strong and won't fade for a very, very long time. In the mean time, I see Otis. Long may he watch over us.

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with Merkel Cell. I went through radiation for 6 weeks with 5 treatments a week after surgery. While going through the treatments on my arm, it sprouted under my arm. This time, it wasn't Merkel Cell, It was Jimmy Buffet's Merkel Cell. My oncologist went into freak out mode and started me on very hard chemo. I haven't been myself and unable to think clearly, so please forgive me if I offended anyone. Yesterday I received a bag of blood for bad anemia. Today I feel like Stephen Hawking so watch out. I've had some interesting things happen and smiled as I thought about telling y'all.

I've argued about appropriate times for medical appointments every single time. I'd prefer to leave around 4 pm when the hot donuts sign comes on rather than when the sign is off. If you know about those donuts, then you understand the significance of the lit up donut sign. People won't make appointments on Tuesday when the shop closes. This is important information for people living in NW Louisiana.

On to my chemo and eventually that chair. I think y'all would have a giggle over me fighting with my favorite nurse over Cowboys versus Saints last Friday. She had the audacity to pretend the Saints were better than the Cowboys. She threw at me that we were last in the Super Bowl in the 80s. How dare she! She got knocked out of first place, demoted heifer. To think I'd willed her my very last French fries. I straightened her out on the 80s snark.

The chairs at the chemo center are moderately comfortable. The moderate part means they are enhanced with heating and vibration up the back. We also get heated blankets which helps when the area is cold. I've dragged my comfy coat around like Linus and his blanket. One particular treatment I was placed in my enclosable area. It looked like every other treatment area, but it wasn't. My nurse starts bringing in various treatments and I relax back in the chair. I start poking buttons on the chair only to find my back isn't being massaged at all. The wiring must have been reversed. Da-a-a-a-a-ang, things are getting massaged that shouldn't be. The nurse turns to say something and my eyes are like saucers staring back at her as I'm trying to cut it off. I have to go through several settings to cut it off. It only get more intense, so there I sit on my Hawg staring up at the nurse.. She asks if I need anything else, I want to say close the curtain and crank up some Barry White, Al Green and Donna Summers, not the cake song though.
Xelda, I have read and re-read your note several times and I can't help but admire your strength and resilience as well as your sense of humor. I appreciate your including us in your journey.

Your description of the chemo chair conjoured up images of the business or first class seats on premium airlines like Emirates or Singapore. I know the chairs are nothing like those "pods" but, that is how I will now imagine them.

Barry White and Al Green are soulful musicians to listen to, however, an interesting alternative is Jodok, a cellist that plays everything from classical to modern to Broadway. My wife found him on Instagram and, according to her he is a "beef-a-cake" (said in her Russian accent). That aside, his exuberance and style puts me in a happy place.

Xelda

Reaction score
Xelda, I have read and re-read your note several times and I can't help but admire your strength and resilience as well as your sense of humor. I appreciate your including us in your journey.

Your description of the chemo chair conjoured up images of the business or first class seats on premium airlines like Emirates or Singapore. I know the chairs are nothing like those "pods" but, that is how I will now imagine them.

Barry White and Al Green are soulful musicians to listen to, however, an interesting alternative is Jodok, a cellist that plays everything from classical to modern to Broadway. My wife found him on Instagram and, according to her he is a "beef-a-cake" (said in her Russian accent). That aside, his exuberance and style puts me in a happy place.
Thank you. I didn't mean for my post to cause concern. I wanted to tell a funny story but I didn't know how to do it without putting it in context. I'll have to check out the beef a cake now.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops, @CouchCoach , Popsadoodles and all that stop by to honor of our beloved CC. Let us raise a toast to him, his pets, family and his favorite on line community, Cowboys Zone. Let us celebrate each other with kindness and

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!!
If you didn't know, there's a "Featured" toast thread in Fan Zone.

kskboys

Reaction score
Thank you. I didn't mean for my post to cause concern. I wanted to tell a funny story but I didn't know how to do it without putting it in context. I'll have to check out the beef a cake now.
Beef a cake? Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you're now at the strip club?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A few dad jokes to round out your morning:

Every morning after i leave the house, a bicycle comes out of no where and runs me over. It is a vicious cycle.

Did you know that french fries were not first cooked in France. They were cooked in Greece.

A truck load of Vicks Vapor rub overturned on the interstate last night. Amazingly, there was no congestion for 8 hours.

And, what's a morning without a Chuck Norris joke:

When Chuck Norris walks through airport security, TSA takes their shoes off.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that you’re going through all that X but sometimes it’s necessary to get over the hurdle. Several years ago, my sis in law was going through the same.
Support and prayers are so very important. Just do you know, this thread supplies plenty of that.

Xelda

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you’re going through all that X but sometimes it’s necessary to get over the hurdle. Several years ago, my sis in law was going through the same.
Support and prayers are so very important. Just do you know, this thread supplies plenty of that.
Thank you _22 (I had to, it rhymes). I appreciate all of you for your wonderful words.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops, Coachadoodles and Popsadoodles!

Game balls for everyone!!!!! Send me one too!

Oh yes, the curse was real. Yesterday we were witness to the transformation of the SOD (same old Dak). He started clicking later in the game. I went to pee and came back to our red headed QB. Man, I was really wanting to rub their noses in it and score a couple more TDs. Just because and for all of the nastiness on the Panthers defense. I'll bet their QB saw stars coming at him in his dreams last night. We don't always get what we want but we got what we needed, a big fat juicy W.

With the curse broken, we can go back to the Super Bowl without the "not a football move" nonsense.