FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Not yet. Hopefully, she's just sleeping it off, and she'll give us some good news about it tomorrow.
Agreed. Been thinking about her all day. She made a decision I’m not sure I would have. Good on her. I’m certainly hoping all went well and that Coach had a hand in her having a successful surgery!

Yesterday was my 10-year diagnosis anniversary. I’ve thought about it a lot over those years and have at times settled my mind that if/when it comes back (it’s highly recurrent)… I don’t know that I’d fight it again. I think of all the misery and heartbreak I could have avoided by just letting go before. But then all the good stuff slides in, like the additional 6 grand babies, plus gaining you folks here. I’ve outlived all the battle buddies I had when I started that journey, and gained (and lost) some new ones, here at home and on this site. Life. Go figure.

I’m pulling for great news from Xelda. It’s time we had some.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed. Been thinking about her all day. She made a decision I’m not sure I would have. Good on her. I’m certainly hoping all went well and that Coach had a hand in her having a successful surgery!

Yesterday was my 10-year diagnosis anniversary. I’ve thought about it a lot over those years and have at times settled my mind that if/when it comes back (it’s highly recurrent)… I don’t know that I’d fight it again. I think of all the misery and heartbreak I could have avoided by just letting go before. But then all the good stuff slides in, like the additional 6 grand babies, plus gaining you folks here. I’ve outlived all the battle buddies I had when I started that journey, and gained (and lost) some new ones, here at home and on this site. Life. Go figure.

I’m pulling for great news from Xelda. It’s time we had some.
Well, obviously I hope you've kicked it to the curb! You clearly have a lot to stick around for, heartaches aside. I've realized that I'm done with relationships (both voluntarily and involuntarily), and now that I don't even think about the possibility, I'm much more content with life.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Well, obviously I hope you've kicked it to the curb! You clearly have a lot to stick around for, heartaches aside. I've realized that I'm done with relationships (both voluntarily and involuntarily), and now that I don't even think about the possibility, I'm much more content with life.
I haven’t given up on a good relationship… yet, but I’m close lol. I don’t like being alone. That’s the tough part for me. Not having someone makes me feel like I’m just not good enough to be acceptable to someone. I see all these people coupled up… and here I am. My self with my self. Meh. Is what it is.

On to better thoughts, we went from an absolute downpour of rain with temps in the 40-50 degree range recently, to 60’s the last couple days and 70’s and 80’s this weekend. Guess who’s grilling out this weekend? Will finish dressing the ribs tomorrow (after I’m done working at mom’s farm) and cook em up on Sunday. So excited!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven’t given up on a good relationship… yet, but I’m close lol. I don’t like being alone. That’s the tough part for me. Not having someone makes me feel like I’m just not good enough to be acceptable to someone. I see all these people coupled up… and here I am. My self with my self. Meh. Is what it is.

On to better thoughts, we went from an absolute downpour of rain with temps in the 40-50 degree range recently, to 60’s the last couple days and 70’s and 80’s this weekend. Guess who’s grilling out this weekend? Will finish dressing the ribs tomorrow (after I’m done working at mom’s farm) and cook em up on Sunday. So excited!!!
Nice! I drove by a house the other day and smelled food on the grill. I almost turned around and invited myself for dinner!

One last thing: I used to feel like I needed someone too. But the more I thought about how much easier it is to live alone, not having to answer to anyone or feel guilty about wanting to do things without them, not having to ask someone where anything is, because it's right where you left it (which is wherever you felt like leaving it), only having to clean up after yourself, not having to deal with their parents or crappy friends, etc., etc., etc., the more I realized I like living alone.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Nice! I drove by a house the other day and smelled food on the grill. I almost turned around and invited myself for dinner!

One last thing: I used to feel like I needed someone too. But the more I thought about how much easier it is to live alone, not having to answer to anyone or feel guilty about wanting to do things without them, not having to ask someone where anything is, because it's right where you left it (which is wherever you felt like leaving it), only having to clean up after yourself, not having to deal with their parents or crappy friends, etc., etc., etc., the more I realized I like living alone.
Ohhhh I do understand that. In fact I feel the same about most of my family. Crappy people I don’t want to be around. :grin:

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Runny… any word from or about Xelda?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Sunday morning Pops, CC and Cowboy fans everywhere.

A few post draft thoughts:

The best pick of the Cowboy's draft was Copper Bebee.

I am shocked they're bringing Zeke back... it feels like two steps forward and one step back.

To be honest, I like "bland" drafts that focus on the offensive and defensive lines. That said, wish they would have taken a DT sooner.

Still trying to process the "All in" comment. Doesn't feel like "all in". Doesn't feel like a rebuild either. It feels more like the "check engine" light is on, but you really don't know what the problem is.

I took my my cow on a walk through the vineyard. That's right, I herd it through the grape vine.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good Sunday morning Pops, CC and Cowboy fans everywhere.

A few post draft thoughts:

The best pick of the Cowboy's draft was Copper Bebee.

I am shocked they're bringing Zeke back... it feels like two steps forward and one step back.

To be honest, I like "bland" drafts that focus on the offensive and defensive lines. That said, wish they would have taken a DT sooner.

Still trying to process the "All in" comment. Doesn't feel like "all in". Doesn't feel like a rebuild either. It feels more like the "check engine" light is on, but you really don't know what the problem is.

I took my my cow on a walk through the vineyard. That's right, I herd it through the grape vine.
Funny (about the cow).

I did not pay any attention to the draft and have paid no attention to football (too much personal garbage happening). Heart sank when I read in your post that Zeke was back. I was of the opinion a couple years before he left that he needed to be gone. You know what they say about bad pennies…