FEATURED Morning Pops!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might stop in to check out the thread. It's Friday and I am thankful for it!

Picked up some nice Cod last night so I'm thinking I might whip up some beer batter and fry up some Fish for supper tonight. My Wife and Daughters don't really like Fried Fish so for them, I'll wrap it in some tin foil, throw in some garlic butter and back it up some. Fry up some taco shells, they get Fish Tacos! Think I'll maybe deep fry some Garlic Hushpuppies as well. Maybe the Wife will make some of her cole slaw, to go with it (she makes it way better then I do). Should probably stop by the store and buy some shrimp. The Girls usually like to eat piled shrimp with extra spicy cocktail sauce (little horse radish added).

Overcast here today but I'm not complaining. I could be the kid in the snow suit that was on the wrong end of the Ninja Cat Attack, so yeah. dbrp, what are you feeding the feline population up in NE?

Everybody, have a great day!
Sounds absolutely delicious. I'm not a fan of fried fish either. Love it broiled. Never heard of fish tacos either.

Now as far as the shrimp, I'm with the girls on that one. And make some homemade cocktail sauce with Kelchner' horseradish.

Lol Grandpop ABQ. It's the catnip they sell up here. It turns all cat's into Ninjas and odd balls. Not sure what's in it cuz yesterday I spotted a cat making snow angels!:huh:
tenor.gif

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. Welcome to the Weekend!

I was late to my golf game yesterday because I had an early Dr. appt. but I was still able to play 12 holes with my buddies. I shot 6 over par which is the best I've played in a long time. And that includes one triple and one double bogey. That's 5 over right there. Only 1 over for the remaining 10 holes. That's after shooting a 95 (ugh) on Wednesday.

Then yesterday afternoon I was crawling in my attic to fix a wiring problem and my cell phone fell out of my pocket. I didn't notice it until bedtime so I'll be crawling around up there again this morning. Talk about manuvering through some tight spaces. Not easy at 73 years old.

Have a great day, Y'all.

EDIT: My wonderful 45 year old daughter retrieved the phone for me.

image.php

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stopped in to check out the thread.

dbrp, Fish Tacos are a thing in the West, I'm sure not just here but they are all around here, for sure. Basically, it's Fish, Shredded Cabbage or Slaw, Pico De Gallo or Salsa. You can dress it up by adding mango or pineapple, Guava, Avocado, etc. Put it all together into Corn Tortillas that you fry for a short time in skillet, filled with Canola Oil (or whatever kind of Oil you like). We actually prefer to just use a Comal (which is like a skillet, used to warm tortillas) and warm up corn tortillas, as it is better for you without the Grease. It's basically a traditional soft taco. We make our Fish Tacos that way.

The cocktail sauce, my Wife prefers to make her own horseradish so we just buy fresh root and we take turns grading it up, you really can't grade too much of it by yourself because it gets to you pretty quick. Long story short, it's fresh and it's potent so use at your own risk right?

Leon, thank God for able Daughters! Good for you that you have been blessed with one. Nice round of Golf, BTW. Sounds like you were either in the weeds or lights out.

Jobs, how goes it in Paradise? Probably a stupid question. How bad can it be with Sun Rises and Sunsets like you have on the daily? I hope you are doing well my Friend!

Be good everybody!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Cowboys fans. Another day on the right side of the turf. I'm really liking the increased banter in here lately. Have a blessed day, Y'all.

image.php

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon fellas and good afternoon to any who might stop in and check out the thread.

Lazy day for me. I can use a few more like this.

Everybody, have a good evening!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Keyboard Kousins. The new week has begun. Let's get this sucker off on the right foot. We're supposed to get more rain here in Granbury the next few days so my outdoor activities may be limited. Have a great day, folks.

image.php

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in and visit.

I hope everybody is off to a good start for the week. I have a lot of work this week so gonna get to it. Everybody, have a great day!

Jobs, better is Great News my Friend!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Morning Pops, Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stopped in to check out the thread.

dbrp, Fish Tacos are a thing in the West, I'm sure not just here but they are all around here, for sure. Basically, it's Fish, Shredded Cabbage or Slaw, Pico De Gallo or Salsa. You can dress it up by adding mango or pineapple, Guava, Avocado, etc. Put it all together into Corn Tortillas that you fry for a short time in skillet, filled with Canola Oil (or whatever kind of Oil you like). We actually prefer to just use a Comal (which is like a skillet, used to warm tortillas) and warm up corn tortillas, as it is better for you without the Grease. It's basically a traditional soft taco. We make our Fish Tacos that way.

The cocktail sauce, my Wife prefers to make her own horseradish so we just buy fresh root and we take turns grading it up, you really can't grade too much of it by yourself because it gets to you pretty quick. Long story short, it's fresh and it's potent so use at your own risk right?

Leon, thank God for able Daughters! Good for you that you have been blessed with one. Nice round of Golf, BTW. Sounds like you were either in the weeds or lights out.

Jobs, how goes it in Paradise? Probably a stupid question. How bad can it be with Sun Rises and Sunsets like you have on the daily? I hope you are doing well my Friend!

Be good everybody!
Now that sounds wonderful. My mouth is watering for some. You make your own horseradish? Doesn't get any better then that. The more potent, the better. It's so good for you too. I love spicy foods as well. The more it hurts the better it is. Thank you for sharing! Have a blessed day. You as well @LeonDixson & Pops! :)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Morning Pops and all.

Monday, Monday so good to me
Monday morning it was all I'd hoped it to be

A little blast from the past

Hope this Monday guarantees this evening you'll still be here with me.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Cowboys fans. No rain yesterday, but almost sure to rain today and tomorrow. I might watch some old Laurel and Hardy movies today. Love those guys. Have a great day, everyone.

image.php

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any folks who might decide to stop in a little bit later and just check stuff out.

Grandson today so no grass growing under my feet today.

Sons of the Desert Leon!

Mommas and the Poppas Jobs.... ;)

One of these weekends, when you got nothing better to do dbrp, give it a try.

Everyone, have a great day!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good Morning Pops & the rest of Cowboys Nation. Still cool weather here where the most Lombardi's are stashed....Northeast! :p

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Morning Pops and all you people in CZ land. Rainy season is here. Monsoon yesterday but nice today just not too much sun. Have a good one.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
A blessed morning to you Pops & Zone members! Rainy season is here in the NE as well. Everyone's keeping an eye on the Villanova Wildcats. Their looking for another parade in Philly!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. Happy hump day! It rained all day yesterday and is still raining. I watched the old, 1954 film "Them!" yesterday. It was the 1st and most acclaimed of the genre of atomic radiation mutations. Giant ants. haha

image.php

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who may decide to stop in and check out the thread a bit later.

Just refreshed my second cup of coffee. Man, I know I'm a little off but seriously, the best part of my day is Coffee in the morning. I mean, just cant beat it.

Morning Leon, morning dbrp, good morning Jobs.

Everybody, chin up, after today we are on the down slop for the weekend!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Cowboys fans! We have only a 15% chance of rain today so the "brickers" are coming to lay the brick on the outside of our room addition. Y'all have a great day.

image.php