FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep, unless you spring for one of the real "space chairs" for about 10K, they're not pretty but then I live alone. If there was a woman involved, it would not be out in my main living room. Hell, I might not be allowed out there.

The one I really wanted looked like something out of the future and looked like part of an egg and had this complete lighting system that was really cool, only when you're in it, you can't see it but everybody else can and I don't have everybody else. I am more about functional, not that I am but I like things to be.
I've seen some chairs on eBay in the $500 range, but I don't know how the quality is, and to buy something that ugly, only to find it doesn't work well would add stress, which seems counterproductive.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen some chairs on eBay in the $500 range, but I don't know how the quality is, and to buy something that ugly, only to find it doesn't work well would add stress, which seems counterproductive.
Agree about the quality and I lucked out there. I read about them and saw some reviews and then went to try them out. They handled primarily Osaki and they come well recommended but they don't have anything in the 500 price range unless you find someone wanting to move up and can get a good deal on a pre-owned one from someone that doesn't have Ebola.

It was an investment for me. What else could I have spent that money on that would have brought me as much relief? I spent more in deductibles, steroid injections, acupuncture, compression therapy and physical therapy than the chair costs and other than one round of the steroid injections and acupuncture, this works better than any of that long term. But it is not 100% relief.

Here is something I find fascinating. My wife had some friends that are all about holistic and Eastern practices and I was a strong agnostic about acupuncture but to make my wife happy agreed to go to one. I told the acupuncturist my reservations and she understood and explained how it works and then shows me this map of the human body with the points on it. It was a replica of the original map that was created over 4,000 years ago. That map hasn't changed in all of this time. I figured, Ok they know something.

So, I agree to the treatments and she said if you don't feel anything after 6 weekly treatments, probably not going to respond. I don't know if it was the power of suggestion but I started to feel something after the 4th and 5th and after the 6th treatment, I was pain free for the first time since the first round of 3 steroid injections worked but a second round, the limit, had 0 effect. Had two more treatments and was pain free for almost a year and then it returned. I thought "hey, no problem, I am a full believer now and evangelical to anyone within earshot. I'll just go for another round'. I got 8 more treatments with absolutely 0 results.

So, here's what I found fascinating about it because I do believe in the power of positive thinking in healing. I went, really not a believer at all, just to keep the privilege of complaining at home and it works wonderfully, better than this old skeptic thought it ever would and I return with the power of positive thinking in my corner, absolutely certain it will work and nothing at all. Didn't have a new MRI to see if I'd done something else but the pain was identical as it was before.

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your back, Runny. Yours too, Coach. My cousin has back trouble in his spine and I don't know how many surgeries he's gone through, but his back seems worse now.

As far as the leg cramps, eye yiyi! I don't know why they wait until I'm asleep to attack. I straighten my leg and pull my foot to a standing position and higher if I can manage. The last one I had, I shot my leg straight down and launched my poor dog off the bed. She wouldn't sleep with me for a week after that. I recently found something called a weighted blanket. The idea behind it is that it comforts you and feels like a giant hug. It's supposed to help you relax better at night. I'm thinking about getting one.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's Yukon as well, ABQ. :oops: Be careful the next time she lets you spend a lot of money on yourself. Find out what she's been looking at first. Enjoy your time with the little Vampire.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry to hear about your back, Runny. Yours too, Coach. My cousin has back trouble in his spine and I don't know how many surgeries he's gone through, but his back seems worse now.

As far as the leg cramps, eye yiyi! I don't know why they wait until I'm asleep to attack. I straighten my leg and pull my foot to a standing position and higher if I can manage. The last one I had, I shot my leg straight down and launched my poor dog off the bed. She wouldn't sleep with me for a week after that. I recently found something called a weighted blanket. The idea behind it is that it comforts you and feels like a giant hug. It's supposed to help you relax better at night. I'm thinking about getting one.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's Yukon as well, ABQ. :oops: Be careful the next time she lets you spend a lot of money on yourself. Find out what she's been looking at first. Enjoy your time with the little Vampire.
Same here, Xelda, it is rare to talk to anyone that's just had one back operation.

I don't know if your leg cramps are caused by the same thing but once I went on this regimen, mine are gone and they were a nightly occurrence 3 years ago. Mine used to be just one calf and then one night it hit both at the same time and the next night hit my entire right leg, calf, quad and hamstring and there was nothing I could do but wait it out. That was the most pain I have ever felt.

I do full quart of Smartwater each day and a magnesium in the am and potassium in the evening and I don't know which of it works but I am not stopping any of it to find out. I also do self massage on my calves every night.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree about the quality and I lucked out there. I read about them and saw some reviews and then went to try them out. They handled primarily Osaki and they come well recommended but they don't have anything in the 500 price range unless you find someone wanting to move up and can get a good deal on a pre-owned one from someone that doesn't have Ebola.

It was an investment for me. What else could I have spent that money on that would have brought me as much relief? I spent more in deductibles, steroid injections, acupuncture, compression therapy and physical therapy than the chair costs and other than one round of the steroid injections and acupuncture, this works better than any of that long term. But it is not 100% relief.

Here is something I find fascinating. My wife had some friends that are all about holistic and Eastern practices and I was a strong agnostic about acupuncture but to make my wife happy agreed to go to one. I told the acupuncturist my reservations and she understood and explained how it works and then shows me this map of the human body with the points on it. It was a replica of the original map that was created over 4,000 years ago. That map hasn't changed in all of this time. I figured, Ok they know something.

So, I agree to the treatments and she said if you don't feel anything after 6 weekly treatments, probably not going to respond. I don't know if it was the power of suggestion but I started to feel something after the 4th and 5th and after the 6th treatment, I was pain free for the first time since the first round of 3 steroid injections worked but a second round, the limit, had 0 effect. Had two more treatments and was pain free for almost a year and then it returned. I thought "hey, no problem, I am a full believer now and evangelical to anyone within earshot. I'll just go for another round'. I got 8 more treatments with absolutely 0 results.

So, here's what I found fascinating about it because I do believe in the power of positive thinking in healing. I went, really not a believer at all, just to keep the privilege of complaining at home and it works wonderfully, better than this old skeptic thought it ever would and I return with the power of positive thinking in my corner, absolutely certain it will work and nothing at all. Didn't have a new MRI to see if I'd done something else but the pain was identical as it was before.
Of course you did something else to it....You got older! lol

My foreman looked at my face yesterday as I was dangling my body, with one elbow on each of two perpendicular counter tops, trying to let my lower back stretch out, and asks, "Did you hurt yourself???"
I gave him what has been labelled my 'You're such a ****in' idiot!' look, and said, "Yeah, for years now!"
He chuckled and replied, "Well, as long as I've known you!"

I've found that most things heal, and you don't really have chronic issues, once they have, but the back just keeps piling on, injury after injury.........I can't wait to have my brain put into a robot body.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

BTW, thank you for your concern, Doll! I hope CC's regimen can help you out as well as it works for him!

Xelda

Reaction score
An extra early morning Pops and friends. I can't wait to see what everyone is thinking about today. Which God forsaken part of New York with Runny be in today? Will Street grace us with his presence? What about ksk or did my threats cause him to wander off and find something shiny to play with? Where's the golf math at Leon? You there Trouty? ABQ has survived his wife's birthday and a day with the little vampire. DABZ should be showing up with another great image for hump day, I'll bet it's a good one. Coach should be rested and ready to engage us with great wit and insights or some Tom foolery. Maybe we'll see more good folks today. I'm going back to bed to recover from the rude interruption of my sleep. Huppity Hup Hump Day my Cowboys family.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and everyone. Happy hump day! I've got a few chores to do this morning and then golf in the afternoon if we don't get rained out. Have a great day everyone.

The best back treatment for my bulging disc I ever had was when I lived in Hawaii on the Big Island. There was a guy in Hilo named Robby that did a combination of massage, accupuncture and chiropractic. It really worked! He was the reason my back got well enough to play golf again. I've been to other chiropractors and a different accupuncturist since then, but not with the same results.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good Morning Pops, Gals & Zoners. You know what today is? NO RAIN DAY! We've had the 2nd most wettest summer ever.

It only rains for about 10 minutes or so, but the magnitude that falls is crazy. To put it into perspective. It comes to about 7" in an hour.
tenor.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
An extra early morning Pops and friends. I can't wait to see what everyone is thinking about today. Which God forsaken part of New York with Runny be in today? Will Street grace us with his presence? What about ksk or did my threats cause him to wander off and find something shiny to play with? Where's the golf math at Leon? You there Trouty? ABQ has survived his wife's birthday and a day with the little vampire. DABZ should be showing up with another great image for hump day, I'll bet it's a good one. Coach should be rested and ready to engage us with great wit and insights or some Tom foolery. Maybe we'll see more good folks today. I'm going back to bed to recover from the rude interruption of my sleep. Huppity Hup Hump Day my Cowboys family.
I don't hafta wander off to find something shiny to play w/!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Hey Xelda, don't be silly. She's a good women, works hard everyday and if she kinda works me a little bit, well, that's OK. It's not just everybody who could, or would, put up with me.

:thumbup:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to anybody who might stop in later to check out the thread.

Had a great day yesterday with the little guy. Man, he's getting to the point where he just doesn't stand still. Going all the time. All in all, time well spent!

Hope everybody is off to a great day today.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, few more hours and then we are on the other side of the slope and headed for the weekend!

Be well everybody!

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
G'day Pops and mates and mateys, woke up in an Aussie mood wishing I had a roo and a wallaby so I could watch me wallaby's feed. because they're a dangerous breed, mate. If I had a roo, I would take it everywhere and keep my cigars in it's pouch because it wouldn't have any young to keep in there because I would have it fixed. Roo's are a little erratic at best, don't want one in heat.

I should have been thinking of camels on hump day but I've never really thought about camels. I don't have anything against them but I've heard they spit on people which I would think would make them need more water not less. Cobras can spit too so that's two animals I do not want as pets. And MLB managers, make that three.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
G'day Pops and mates and mateys, woke up in an Aussie mood wishing I had a roo and a wallaby so I could watch me wallaby's feed. because they're a dangerous breed, mate. If I had a roo, I would take it everywhere and keep my cigars in it's pouch because it wouldn't have any young to keep in there because I would have it fixed. Roo's are a little erratic at best, don't want one in heat.

I should have been thinking of camels on hump day but I've never really thought about camels. I don't have anything against them but I've heard they spit on people which I would think would make them need more water not less. Cobras can spit too so that's two animals I do not want as pets. And MLB managers, make that three.
LMAO