FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I'm clinging to the last bits of football my TV will share with me. I will miss it as we plod forward into sports that aren't football.. Good luck with your trampoline, Leon.
Morning Pops!

Leon, I don't even know what the weather forecast is for this area, which feels strange, like not being sure what day of the week it is....which I've also experienced a couple of times this week.

CC, be glad you named him Hector. You've already got one hip with no name. Having two would just be confusing.

Xelda, the wind must have a crush on you. I'm the neighbor whose yard the other neighbors' leaves end up in!

Everyone have a wonderful day, and start crossing your fingers today for no injuries tomorrow!
Turn on the Weather Channel, Runny. It could be dangerous not knowing what's coming. I suspect blizzards followed by more snow and ice in your area. Stock up on your chili because now is the (Southern approved) time of year to eat it.

Coach probably lets the local wimmins name his other hip. You know the saying "here comes trouble"? They're talking about his other hip. Throw in Hector and step aside.

The leaves that left are from my neighbor's yard. They've dispersed over the entire neighborhood. There was enough to share. We had a 30% chance of tornado that night. It got scary around here and I was really glad to see that weather pattern leave my area.

I'm crossing fingers and toes for our Boys tomorrow. May we come away uninjured and well prepared for the playoffs. Have a great weekend everyone!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends. I'm clinging to the last bits of football my TV will share with me. I will miss it as we plod forward into sports that aren't football.. Good luck with your trampoline, Leon.

Turn on the Weather Channel, Runny. It could be dangerous not knowing what's coming. I suspect blizzards followed by more snow and ice in your area. Stock up on your chili because now is the (Southern approved) time of year to eat it.

Coach probably lets the local wimmins name his other hip. You know the saying "here comes trouble"? They're talking about his other hip. Throw in Hector and step aside.

The leaves that left are from my neighbor's yard. They've dispersed over the entire neighborhood. There was enough to share. We had a 30% chance of tornado that night. It got scary around here and I was really glad to see that weather pattern leave my area.

I'm crossing fingers and toes for our Boys tomorrow. May we come away uninjured and well prepared for the playoffs. Have a great weekend everyone!
Wow, a 30% chance of a tornado? They don't even speculate percentages around here, because they're so uncommon. It makes the news when they suspect they're may have been one.

Best of luck with that crapola!

Xelda

Reaction score
Wow, a 30% chance of a tornado? They don't even speculate percentages around here, because they're so uncommon. It makes the news when they suspect they're may have been one.

Best of luck with that crapola!
I'm South East of Oklahoma, so 30% isn't uncommon. Regular threat of tornadoes proves that prayer works down here. Probably why the Bible Belt and Tornado Alley overlap. We had a tornado go over my neighborhood about ten years ago. I was at work when it went over before touching down. It sounded like God was bowling. The park still shows some signs where the tornado was with missing tops out of trees. Tornadoes are scary because you never know what kind of mood they'll be in when they hit. They fluctuate between dust devils o_O and super cells :eek:.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm South East of Oklahoma, so 30% isn't uncommon. Regular threat of tornadoes proves that prayer works down here. Probably why the Bible Belt and Tornado Alley overlap. We had a tornado go over my neighborhood about ten years ago. I was at work when it went over before touching down. It sounded like God was bowling. The park still shows some signs where the tornado was with missing tops out of trees. Tornadoes are scary because you never know what kind of mood they'll be in when they hit. They fluctuate between dust devils o_O and super cells :eek:.
I was in South Central OK in Feb 2008 when that 1/2 mile wide F4 hit Lone Grove and I saw it from several miles away when the lightning would chain flash across the sky. I never took any watch or warning for granted again. That area has the most violent tstorms I have ever experienced. I do not miss it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There was one EF3 in Massachusetts, in 2011 that touched down near where @cwbyfn88 lives, and cleared probably a 300 yard wide swath through neighborhoods and forest, for at least 20 or 30 miles. Even today, you drive through on the highway and you can see the path it left behind. I wouldn't wanna live where those things are common.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone... Agreed as to the fingers and toes crossed. Lord knows I've had my eyes crossed for much of this season already. Oh yes, an update... I let the holidays get in the way of passing along the news from the final tests for 2018. Just before Christmas got the 'all-clear' from the oncologist, and for the first time in three and a half years all my "numbers" are finally normal! They were always improving, but always something too high or too low. Merry Christmas indeed! Feeling very blessed and contemplating seriously getting back to my training routine. I was training for my first half marathon (kind of late in life lol, but was superfit at that time) when I was diagnosed and was told to stop immediately. That was April 2014. Some part of me let me believe my training had something to do with it. I know... I know. Well, no more feeling sorry. Went north of 50 last year and now I'm mad at myself for not getting back to it sooner. It's hard to do alone, but I know my guy would have wanted me to realize this dream I had so I'll carry him with me in my heart and thoughts and at the very least will get back to jogging for the joy of it. Have a good evening all. GO 'BOYS!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone... Agreed as to the fingers and toes crossed. Lord knows I've had my eyes crossed for much of this season already. Oh yes, an update... I let the holidays get in the way of passing along the news from the final tests for 2018. Just before Christmas got the 'all-clear' from the oncologist, and for the first time in three and a half years all my "numbers" are finally normal! They were always improving, but always something too high or too low. Merry Christmas indeed! Feeling very blessed and contemplating seriously getting back to my training routine. I was training for my first half marathon (kind of late in life lol, but was superfit at that time) when I was diagnosed and was told to stop immediately. That was April 2014. Some part of me let me believe my training had something to do with it. I know... I know. Well, no more feeling sorry. Went north of 50 last year and now I'm mad at myself for not getting back to it sooner. It's hard to do alone, but I know my guy would have wanted me to realize this dream I had so I'll carry him with me in my heart and thoughts and at the very least will get back to jogging for the joy of it. Have a good evening all. GO 'BOYS!

Evening Pops and everyone. Great news Gramma! Finish the fight with the half marathon. Last year December 2017, my wife ran her first half marathon at age 61. We both trained but she participated and I was her cheerleader on race day lol. She finished 3rd in her age bracket. She took a wrong turn somewhere and ran an extra mile or she would have probably finished first place. Either way it’s quite an accomplishment and you are never too old. :thumbup:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone. Great news Gramma! Finish the fight with the half marathon. Last year December 2017, my wife ran her first half marathon at age 61. We both trained but she participated and I was her cheerleader on race day lol. She finished 3rd in her age bracket. She took a wrong turn somewhere and ran an extra mile or she would have probably finished first place. Either way it’s quite an accomplishment and you are never too old. :thumbup:
Thank you. Very inspiring!:)

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. It's meaningless game day. I'll be watching and hoping for a win nonetheless. I'm in the camp that think the starters should play at least a half except for those with nagging injuries like, Tyron and Zack. Just call a lot of three step drop plays when passing and tell Dak to get rid of the ball quickly.
lol-16.gif
Congrats on the "all clear" @GrammaJan . Y'all have a great day and may you be blessed on this chilly Sunday.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone. Hi ho, hi ho I guess it's off to work I go for a few hours today. :confused: When I get home I'm hookin up turkey and dumplings for a few meals this week so I can get that leftover Thanksgiving turkey out of the freezer. Good grub on a cold day! Ya'll have a great day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Gramma, you go girl! Odd use of words for one strong enough to beat the monster, "late in life". No Mam, it is never too late in life and I believe Mrs. RGV would back me up on that. That "all clear" is as much about what obstacles might have been in your way. What were walls are now hurdles.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Gramma, you go girl! Odd use of words for one strong enough to beat the monster, "late in life". No Mam, it is never too late in life and I believe Mrs. RGV would back me up on that. That "all clear" is as much about what obstacles might have been in your way. What were walls are now hurdles.
Oh, I'm still young enough to have some kick in me... not to mention some sass and scrap:mad:. Once the determination is there, I'm all over it;). Must be that stubborn Belgian-German-Swede-Scott-and a touch of Irish heritage. :D Onward!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all you peoples. Welcome to Victory Monday. What a dramatic finish to the game. Since nothing was riding on it I was able to watch it without having a heart attack. Have a great day, even if it is a back to work day.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

No kidding. I used to work with NOAA National Sever Storms Lab, out in Norman. One time, I was there doing some work on their Server Farm and we actually had a near miss, while I was there. It's not uncommon at all there. Tornado Ally!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who stops in to check things out.

Man, weather is acting up here as well. Thankfully, no Tornadoes but it's been really cold. Been trying to stop and visit my Uncles and Aunts, trying to make sure that all of their Furnaces are working OK. It gets cold here but it doesn't often get cold like this, in the single digits for lows, windy etc.

New Year's Eve and I am working this morning and busy getting ready for a party tonight. Got the Family and a few friends coming over to the house to ring in the New Year and my Wife, she is busy telling me I am in the way! LOL

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, how are all of you hanging in? Good and bad last year but I gotta say, probably more bad then good. I am happy to send this one out and welcome in a new one. I hope that this coming year is the best one ever for all of you! Happy New Year Friends. I ring in the New Year knowing that I have all of you to fall back on and visit with, good or bad and that's a really cool thing. Thank you all.

Everybody, Have fun but BE SAFE!

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and fellow procrastinators. There are still 13 hours and 4 minutes left to accomplish your 2018 New Year's resolutions before you make more you have no intention of keeping.

I was before my time. In 1983, I made one to never make New Year's resolutions again and have kept that resolution every year. Knowing one's limitations and weaknesses can prevent a lot of regrets.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I thought I'd celebrate our win in the forums. I started reading and decided to have a solo victory party. Those people can't be happy about anything. I hope everyone enjoyed the game.
I don't know about all of that, but we typically have a twister every few years. Nothing major, you just don't hear about anything here but the winters.
That's pretty much all we hear about. Snow and more snow. Sometimes on the Weather Channel they will mention a rare tornado touches down in the NE. They'll show a few pictures and move on. Snow isn't a joke at the level all of you deal with. Down here when it snows, you'd think the earth opened up and unicorns came out farting Skittles. That's pretty much the expression on our faces when it snows.
No kidding. I used to work with NOAA National Sever Storms Lab, out in Norman. One time, I was there doing some work on their Server Farm and we actually had a near miss, while I was there. It's not uncommon at all there. Tornado Ally!
All states near Oklahoma suffer through proximity. I suspect all tornadoes that hit outside of Oklahoma just didn't ask for directions.

Have a safe and happy New Years Eve. Return to us with wild tales about your escapades the night before. Feel free to exaggerate and embellish. The best story gets a prize. Happy New Year everyone!