FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
…………. Pops and friends...………….Cowboys...……….clock management............CRY...……next season...……....trying to figure out where to place my wrath...……...have a good day...…...

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. The Saints/Eagles game was great yesterday. I'm glad the Saints won

Having a hard time waking up today. If the coffee didn't taste so good I think I would follow @Xelda 's lead and send myself back to bed. Have a good week, Y'all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good evening Pops and friends. This morning I was rearranging some pieces of plywood and wood in the garage. Somehow a splinter went deep in my thumb and a little under my thumb nail. Needless to say, it hurt like the dickens but not quite as much as the loss last night.

The off-season should be interesting. JJ has big decisions to make.
Better than a sharp stick in the eye, Leon got that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give it a couple days. I've had a lot of fingernail and thumbnail injuries. They often take a week or two to lose their tenderness.
Channeling my main man, Otis Redding. RGV needs to hold that finger, love that finger, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah. I think I counted my nah's correctly but I've been known to short a song some nah's on occasion and dip di dip dip dip's.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and forgive me but I don't think you'd like Belichick any better and as my Mamaw used to say "I'd like to painch his head off". I don't know which one I dislike the most but that poser Brady needs to get put out of my misery by the Chefs. NE only has their fans rooting for them, the rest of the football world is united in our desire for them to go quietly into that good night. Enough is enough, must we be reminded that cheaters do prosper?

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Channeling my main man, Otis Redding. RGV needs to hold that finger, love that finger, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah. I think I counted my nah's correctly but I've been known to short a song some nah's on occasion and dip di dip dip dip's.

Good morning Pops and friends. Thanks CC it helps. It’s my hitching thumb too, so this is important.

Sharp stick to the eye is worse than torture.

Be careful all and wear gloves when messing with wood.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit this thread today.

Well, it was a great season guys. I figured we would be a .500 team this year and we managed to do just a little better then that. Got beat by a better team IMO. I can live with that.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, all of you please have a great day!

Cowboy Nation, chin up! Tomorrow is another day. Be safe everybody!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and pals.

This may be the only thread on the forum in which people aren't going at each other like 5th graders. Glad it's here, and glad to see everyone!

Eagles lost yesterday, and while that doesn't take any of the sting away from our loss, at least it doesn't compound it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. When I get nervous, I fidget. When I get really nervous, I organize. Now would be the proper time to thank the Dallas Cowboys for two closets, under the kitchen sink, laundry room, peg board and my whole garage completely organized. I'm not sure I would have survived another week in the playoffs. I don't believe we were beat by a better team, but rather a fresher team. You could see their energy and sense our Boys bravely trying to hide wounds inflicted from those dirty Seahawks. Grateful that we hung in there instead of being humiliated like a couple other teams this weekend. I'm also grateful the referees didn't screw it up as much as they could have. I also believe Charles Haley missed a golden opportunity to beat the snot out of Goodell.

RGV, in the process of working through my nervous energy, I also stacked some lumber so my heart sinks hearing about your splinters. Your thumb will let you know if any splinter is left. I've read all kinds of tricks to get a splinter out, none worked. Just find someone with good eyesight, steady hands and isn't mad at you. Hand them a needle, hold your hand still and promise yourself to wear gloves when you pick wood up in the future.

Leon, sometimes we've got to take an unexpected turn to get back on track. A nap after a rough night or rough morning might be just the thing to get your day turned around. I hope it works and you are ready to conquer the world the second time you wake up.
@Runwildboys! Hector is singing! Shall we request something from the ABBA catalog? :) (Coach is going to be so mad when he finds out all the stuff Hector had him doing.)

Everyone have a good day no matter what time it starts. We're in this for the long haul.:star:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and pals.

This may be the only thread on the forum in which people aren't going at each other like 5th graders. Glad it's here, and glad to see everyone!

Eagles lost yesterday, and while that doesn't take any of the sting away from our loss, at least it doesn't compound it.

I hope everyone has a great day!
But are we surprised? One difference in this forum and the old one, the venting was a little more general on DC.com, it gets a little pointed at times here.

ABQ is right, it was a great season and we got two additional games I didn't think we'd get. And there are challenges facing the team to even repeat what they did this season but I am not complaining when we get gifts like 14, 16 and 18.

The challenge is the same here as it was there, not only managing expectations but handling disappointments. Hell, I was out there on the team in LA and was exactly wrong and I mean exactly wrong, couldn't have predicted it worse. But what the hell, it's only a game and I ain't getting crossways or out of sorts over a game owned by billionaires played by millionaires and watched by this thousandaire.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends. When I get nervous, I fidget. When I get really nervous, I organize. Now would be the proper time to thank the Dallas Cowboys for two closets, under the kitchen sink, laundry room, peg board and my whole garage completely organized. I'm not sure I would have survived another week in the playoffs. I don't believe we were beat by a better team, but rather a fresher team. You could see their energy and sense our Boys bravely trying to hide wounds inflicted from those dirty Seahawks. Grateful that we hung in there instead of being humiliated like a couple other teams this weekend. I'm also grateful the referees didn't screw it up as much as they could have. I also believe Charles Haley missed a golden opportunity to beat the snot out of Goodell.

RGV, in the process of working through my nervous energy, I also stacked some lumber so my heart sinks hearing about your splinters. Your thumb will let you know if any splinter is left. I've read all kinds of tricks to get a splinter out, none worked. Just find someone with good eyesight, steady hands and isn't mad at you. Hand them a needle, hold your hand still and promise yourself to wear gloves when you pick wood up in the future.

Leon, sometimes we've got to take an unexpected turn to get back on track. A nap after a rough night or rough morning might be just the thing to get your day turned around. I hope it works and you are ready to conquer the world the second time you wake up.
@Runwildboys! Hector is singing! Shall we request something from the ABBA catalog? :) (Coach is going to be so mad when he finds out all the stuff Hector had him doing.)

Everyone have a good day no matter what time it starts. We're in this for the long haul.:star:
I think we should let Hector stick with Otis Redding. I doubt he could do the necessary harmonizing to pull off Abba....and really, what has CC ever done to us?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But are we surprised? One difference in this forum and the old one, the venting was a little more general on DC.com, it gets a little pointed at times here.

ABQ is right, it was a great season and we got two additional games I didn't think we'd get. And there are challenges facing the team to even repeat what they did this season but I am not complaining when we get gifts like 14, 16 and 18.

The challenge is the same here as it was there, not only managing expectations but handling disappointments. Hell, I was out there on the team in LA and was exactly wrong and I mean exactly wrong, couldn't have predicted it worse. But what the hell, it's only a game and I ain't getting crossways or out of sorts over a game owned by billionaires played by millionaires and watched by this thousandaire.
I honestly had the feeling the running games were going to be flipped, just because of how much overconfidence people here had. But 273 to 50 is ridiculous.

Xelda

Reaction score
I think we should let Hector stick with Otis Redding. I doubt he could do the necessary harmonizing to pull off Abba....and really, what has CC ever done to us?
It's always in the spirit of enjoying a good laugh with him.
I honestly had the feeling the running games were going to be flipped, just because of how much overconfidence people here had. But 273 to 50 is ridiculous.
Our 50 yards was the result of abuse taken in the wild card game. If we were rested, we would have owned the advantage. The numbers proved out on both sides of the ball. For us to do as well as we did, shows we're almost ready.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I was flashing back to that Ravens game to close TS. Remember that? At least Gurley or Anderson didn't do back to back 80 yard TD runs.

I honestly don't know why I thought our OL could handle them, they didn't do that great a job against SEA.

I, greatly, underestimated Sean McVay's ability to get them ready, damned fine job. After that first drive, I felt it could be a long night. After the 2nd one, I knew it would be a long night. The Rams deserve to be in the NFC Champs game, the Cowboys do not.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's always in the spirit of enjoying a good laugh with him.

Our 50 yards was the result of abuse taken in the wild card game. If we were rested, we would have owned the advantage. The numbers proved out on both sides of the ball. For us to do as well as we did, shows we're almost ready.
My mantra, and you and Runny seldom fail to make me laugh.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice Xelda. Not sure if I trust anyone with a needle digging in my thumb. One of my daughters is a nurse and would be glad to “dig” in.

If it doesn’t get infected, it will stay permanently. I might have to find a name for the splinter like CC named his hip. Woody is too original so the splinter is still nameless.

All you guys and gals are great. Y’all crack me up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks for the advice Xelda. Not sure if I trust anyone with a needle digging in my thumb. One of my daughters is a nurse and would be glad to “dig” in.

If it doesn’t get infected, it will stay permanently. I might have to find a name for the splinter like CC named his hip. Woody is too original so the splinter is still nameless.

All you guys and gals are great. Y’all crack me up.
If there's anything still under the nail, as long as it doesn't get infected, it might eventually push its way out as the nail grows.......but I'd name it "Oh s***", since that's what you'll be saying every time you bump your thumb.