FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Shiverers of the North, I hope your power stays up and the natural gas holds up. When we were in heat waves in Dallas, they would execute rolling blackouts to conserve but that would be too dangerous in something like what y'all are experiencing.

Gramma, I did see where parts of Iowa went dark and hope that wasn't in your area.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Shiverers of the North, I hope your power stays up and the natural gas holds up. When we were in heat waves in Dallas, they would execute rolling blackouts to conserve but that would be too dangerous in something like what y'all are experiencing.

Gramma, I did see where parts of Iowa went dark and hope that wasn't in your area.
Thanks for asking. Nope, not me. We're good.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in and check out the thread today.

Another day of work and then we are on to Friday. I am almost ashamed to say that it is 29 degrees here in Rio Rancho and expected to reach the low 50s today. Man, I feel for you guys up North. If it's any consolation, we while eventually have sustained temps of well over 100 for a good period of time in the summer and it is fairly miserable.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, enjoy your day as much as possible and Cheer for Friday!

Everybody, take extra care to stay safe from the elements today!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone. Finally Friday! Two weird weather weeks have me all screwed up. A day off mid-week has me looking at a calendar so I'm sure of the day. Woke up this morning to a +1 on the temperature gauge. Mid-20's for a high? Sold. Made plans yesterday to surprise my daughter and grandkids in Virginia later this month so I apologize in advance if I go absent for a bit around the 19th or so. Haven't seen them since the fall of 2017...been too long. Her beau is military, was raised in a Cowboys home and he's a big fan so I'll consider this a scouting/recruiting mission to get him on this site. I think I've mentioned she's an AFC girl (Pats fan) but we're working on her.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. For those of you battling the icy/snowy weather, look out for the one in front of the one behind you. The rest of you be safe as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like @GrammaJan would be a good candidate for Official Den Mother of the PJG.
We do have an opening. We usually do about 5 minutes after some poor woman takes the job. Be easier to keep someone if we abolished that rule of not smothering members in their sleep. I think a drunk attorney with a speech impediment could get her acquitted.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We do have an opening. We usually do about 5 minutes after some poor woman takes the job. Be easier to keep someone if we abolished that rule of not smothering members in their sleep. I think a drunk attorney with a speech impediment could get her acquitted.
Oh sure, just come right out and tell her she has a free pass.
We lose more of our members that way...